Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 99899 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #6660 on: September 06, 2019, 06:48:30 PM »
We went to a Mexican restaurant with "famous burritos" to offer. Locally, a highly respected place and even craved food for some.

Things turned weird due to my wife's car being serviced and my daughter and my wife both having optometry appointments (all part of the plan) when my son had to be picked up from work at a critical time.
So, I left my wife and daughter at the optometrist, flew over, way far away, to pick up my son, telling them I would meet them at the restaurant when he is home safe.
Traffic was making me its bitch and not much I could do about that.
Ended up with them finishing at the eye doctor and finishing eating before I returned, so I had them order me a to go fajita burrito.
My daughter asked if I was sure, said they look pretty big. I said I was hungry and get me one with everything  ...  loaded.
Anyway, so I get home with my family collected and safe with this huge bag with a giant burrito inside. It was heavy.
I have been gathering kitchen stuff for a while and I decided to weigh the damn thing on my new digital scale.

Now mind you this was one burrito, supposedly to serve one person. It weighed in at sixty eight ounces.  That is more than four pounds and almost two kilograms!

I have had two meals off this thing and I still have about half to go, even after sharing a bit with the dog. Yes, it was a ten dollar burrito, but HUGE!
I told her to load it up and she did and SO did they.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #6661 on: September 15, 2019, 07:49:20 AM »
Egg foo yung with green beans, leek, w. mushrooms and rice. Eating it right now.

Quite nice, I tell ya..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6662 on: September 17, 2019, 08:17:00 PM »
But for the mushrooms, that sounds delicious.

I've had chicken nuggets with barbecue sauce.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #6663 on: September 17, 2019, 08:44:13 PM »
Leftover home made lasagna for work lunch!  Very tasty!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6664 on: September 19, 2019, 01:27:26 PM »
A toast, just now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6665 on: September 19, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »
A hot fudge sundae at a local ice cream shop.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6666 on: September 19, 2019, 03:17:09 PM »

Arose early again, finished up my Neighborhood Watch duties and made an apple pie.

It is apple season!!

I just had a piece. Maybe too large of a piece, but DAMN, it was good!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6667 on: September 20, 2019, 11:21:15 PM »
Cereal, then mango yoghurt.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline jedicounsellor

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6668 on: September 22, 2019, 05:40:08 AM »
I started the day with a piece of fried naan bread containing bolognese and then had some more bolognese mixed with rice and just now had some mi goreng noodles - satay, with extra chilli flakes.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #6669 on: September 25, 2019, 11:10:05 AM »
I ate 'tagliatelle con funghi porcini' for dinner awhile ago. Most of said dinner was out off a bag (deeply frozen) but I chopped up a quarter of an onion, 4 extra w. mushrooms, some salami and one clove of garlic and started the latter list off in some olive oil. Added content bag 5 minutes later and put some dried thyme, oregano, some freshly ground pepper into the mix and after a couple of minutes, on fairly high heat, it all was done..

.. and really nice.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6670 on: October 18, 2019, 12:23:01 AM »

Gopher for dinner!
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6671 on: October 18, 2019, 07:55:50 AM »
We have coyotes, just about like that one roaming our suburban neighborhoods at night.
They are not huge, guessing only about sixty or seventy pounds (30Kg?), but their behavior is quite aggressive. They have lived near to mankind for so long the "respect" is gone to some degree. Plus they are near starvation from overpopulation.

It is illegal to discharge a firearm inside city limits, so a natural predatory control (protecting ones safety) is not allowed to law abiding citizens.
I know the animal control Chief here in town quite well. If I called his offices every time I spotted a coyote in someone's yard, we would not be "friends" much longer.
Nothing legal I can do.

Sometimes, out walking my dog I tread near the HUGE metal recycling facility (it's a damn dump!) and I can hear a massive "population thinning" going on or slaughter of wild coyotes with shotguns would be more accurate.

I made very meaty, eggy breakfast tacos today. Wanted a protein blast!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 08:01:41 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6672 on: October 18, 2019, 01:49:26 PM »
Lobster Bisque

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6673 on: October 18, 2019, 07:17:57 PM »

I bought some Chinese style vegetables and made a really nice stir fry from many veggies and chicken. I used a recipe I kind of "backward engineered" from a local restaurant to make fried rice with egg drops.

Now, I do not generally eat the chicken and the egg together (something about the murdered mother and the aborted infant in the same bite puts me off, some), but this was really good and I had enjoyed the rice style before.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6674 on: October 19, 2019, 03:14:29 AM »
Cereal (Fruity Bites)
A banana
An Apple-filled oat bar

That's it today, I'm hungry for dinner!

Lobster Bisque, that's fancy! :)