Educational

Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97940 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #6555 on: January 06, 2019, 10:47:10 PM »
Your comment about Tequila eating the town of Lorne sent me looking.

I remembered Lorne Greene, but there was a character on Angel named Lorne.  Tall alien dude who ran a nightclub.   The actor died not long after the show went off the air.

There is evidently a square sausage called a Lorne.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6556 on: January 07, 2019, 11:34:40 AM »
None of the sausages I used for my awesome stroganoff today was named Lorne. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6557 on: January 07, 2019, 11:41:50 AM »
It's Lorne sausage.

Had just a plateful of mash today. The food here is shit.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6558 on: January 07, 2019, 01:21:50 PM »
Breakfast was the usual toasted bagel and cream cheese.
Lunch was leftovers.
Dinner will be the chicken stew I have cooking in the crockpot and fresh rosemary bread hot out of the oven.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6559 on: January 07, 2019, 07:59:45 PM »
Eaten for the first time in four days. Food poisoning. And worse, food poisoning that reached it's height during a combined hangover, and one on the day attached to the night where my pain script were due this morning. Unless you count two blackcurrant and liquorice, possibly three, yesterday, I've had nothing but a few chemicals from the lab, blended into a powder which, upon addition of water, begins to fizz and turn tangy and sour, providing the following:

Sodium+ as chloride, bromide citrate
Calcium++,  as carbonate
potassium, present initially as hydroxide (caustic potash, very, very carefully measured such as to be neutralized by my acid-base self-carbonation trick and end up as ascorbate and citrate)
Magnesium, as sulfate.

Also including vitamin C, as ascorbic acid powder and citric acid. Stored a dry powder, enough acid present to react with the calcium carbonate, forming Ca citrate, and ascorbate (vitamin C salt of the Ca++ cation), also enough to totally neutralize the caustic potash in a serving, forming a tangy, efervescent, refreshing drink when water is added to a couple of teaspoons full in a mug and stirred well.

And a modification of my own, addition of some sodium bromide. The bromide anion being an ancient sedative, it has an extremely long half life, so suitable for only occasional use as needed, or a few days at a time. It helps to make it pharmacologically active in a way other than replacing electrolytes, the Br- ion calming frayed nerves.

Because I've had food poisoning after some bad dairy produce, that laid me low for several days, and made me royally miserable.

Basically similar to a hybrid between dioralyte, and alka-seltzer, with the bromide added to re-create 'bromo-seltzer', which used to be sold a long time ago before bromide couldn't be used in OTC pharmacy produce any longer legally. (It isn't recreational, not at all, but it DOES have calming effect and one that also, as a bonus, helps provide some seizure protection. OVERuse of bromides can cause a health problem named 'bromism', and due to the MASSIVE length of the half life of the bromide anion, some remains in the blood for a couple of WEEKS after a single dose. But knowing that, I could act accordingly, and blend my own alka-seltzer which ACTUALLY helps ameliorate a hangover (and in last night's dose, I did also grind a 5mg tablet of nitrazepam into powder and sprinkle it so it floated on the top, although that isn't a standard ingredient. I was a food poisoning making Lestat Rett bloody well miserable optional extra.) Plus a couple of ondansetron tablets. Rapid relief of stomach cramping, helping also sooth me until I could, after taking some cyclizine and buscopan by mouth too, and take a large dose of a combination of 2x alpha2 adrenergic autoreceptor agonists for the adrenolytic activity, as I was due to pick my med refill up at 8am.

Even got a little rest. Until getting a lift off my old man to the pharmacy and back home, 70mg oxycodone IR up the nose straight away in the car, 3 caps of 192mg chlormethiazole base, and on getting home, a 390-410mg shot of morphine sulfate, and several strong ass antinauseant and gut-calmers, one of them being more usually used for cancer patients, and horribly expensive to the NHS for even a few tablets, but one that'll help even the worst sickness of the worst, hence it's being prescribed mostly for chemo patients, ondansetron, in particular.

Fuck me, after the ondansetron was added to the already taken cyclizine, buscopan, and deliberately spiked-with-nitrazepam cup of DIY bromide-containing selzer, which soothed my poor scourged bowels and gizzard, that pair of BIG lines of oxy, and the whopper of a morphine shot, oh me oh my, that was a bloody well relief. Helped to drastically slow gastrointestinal peristalsis, as well as neatly line up a sniper rifle and pop a 5.56mm round in the back of that food poisoning's head.

I feel so much better now.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6560 on: January 07, 2019, 10:03:27 PM »
It's Lorne sausage.

Had just a plateful of mash today. The food here is shit.

Thanks. I learned something. Never heard of Lorne sausage before yourself and Queen Victoria mentioned it.

I guess they can't serve anything that you can't eat with a spoon.

My son was showing no interest in food on the weekend. I offered to cook him steak and mashed potato. His response: "I'll just have the mashed potato".

So when I called him that the food was ready.... he came downstairs and slapped a big pile of mashed potato on his plate and then went and sat in front of the TV to eat it. I did later manage to convince him to have a couple of sausages with it.

Any plans to get out and eat some real food and drink some booze? Tie a few sheets together and scale down a wall or something? Or do we have to "borrow" a helicopter?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6561 on: January 07, 2019, 10:49:54 PM »
Finished u eating my big bowl of porrridge, with molten salty butter stirred into it as it cooks, brown sugar added in during cooking, and then finally topped with molasses sugar, really dark black, moist, clumpy and soft dark, dark dark sugar with a full rich flavour, very treacly, but different from treacle, and it tastes wonderful when it melts and begins to pour down the porridge over the top as a liquid melty sugar you can dip your fingertip in and have it set solid, then gnaw little flecks of solid treacle-sugar crystal from your own fingerprint.

Pouring slowly as a river down from the mountain of steaming hot, rich, salted, buttery porridge, spiked with just a little heaping 'just chuck some in out the bag a few times' serving of demerara light brown sugar to melt that in homogenously whilst you cook it, the molasses is put on top by hand after the porridge sets hot, so it runs down the peak of the big heaping bowlful of steaming munchyness, and as i cools just enough, starts to recrystallize, all unevenly too, leaving solid 1cm diameter or so balls of sugar-spiked blackness emitting and being emitted by the very sweet, tasty gooey stuff of tasty darkness itself.

Slaanesh would approve.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6562 on: January 08, 2019, 07:32:22 AM »
So far just yogurt. It's still morning.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6563 on: January 08, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »
I had leftover stir-fry for breakfast.

Nothing in between and then Macca's for a very late dinner - quarter pounder, fries and a caramel thickshake (they were out of chocolate).
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6564 on: January 08, 2019, 05:42:13 PM »
I forgot about lunch but had really good homemade beef and mushroom stroganoff for dinner.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6565 on: January 08, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »
Ew I hate mushroom stroganoff. You'd think it'd be something I'd love, given my penchant for eating mushrooms?

But yuck!. I hate stuff with creamy sauces in them, not counting candy type stuff, gooey candies are fine, but creamy and especially cheesy and creamy sauces make me want to snort a line of dried out cholera squirtings then vomit blood from my anus. Things like lassagna or stroganoff are revolting to me.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6566 on: January 08, 2019, 07:18:47 PM »
It's funny how junk food like Maccas or bags of crisps (chips) or chocolate ends up being a cheaper way to feed the family than buying proper food these days.

Sometimes on the weekend I'll say "let's have a BBQ", and I'll go out and buy some meat and sausages and whatever else I need and I'd be lucky to have change out of $50. Realistically I buy a bit extra and it's more like $70.

Or I can go to Maccas drive through and buy a box with 4 burgers and 4 serves of fries and 4 drinks for $19.95. Or the family burger box with bigger serves and more stuff for $27.95.

I haven't eaten anything yet today. It's just past midday, time to start thinking about lunch.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6567 on: January 08, 2019, 07:54:06 PM »
For the past couple of months I've been "snacking" on Nissan Cup of Noodles, beef flavour.  I just stir in a hot sauce packet and enjoy.  The food salvage store has the 6 pack for 76 cents, so about 18 cents a piece.   I still have  5 of the six packs and will pick some more soon.

Dinner tonight was grilled cheese sandwich and a dill pickle.  Lunch was a tuna salad sandwich at the bowling alley.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6568 on: January 08, 2019, 09:28:22 PM »
For the past couple of months I've been "snacking" on Nissan Cup of Noodles, beef flavour.  I just stir in a hot sauce packet and enjoy.  The food salvage store has the 6 pack for 76 cents, so about 18 cents a piece.   I still have  5 of the six packs and will pick some more soon.
Bought a 4 pack of noodle cups yesterday. Beef flavoured too. I don't know why but eating a cup of noodles makes me feel very content.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6569 on: January 10, 2019, 08:27:29 AM »
It's funny how junk food like Maccas or bags of crisps (chips) or chocolate ends up being a cheaper way to feed the family than buying proper food these days.

Sometimes on the weekend I'll say "let's have a BBQ", and I'll go out and buy some meat and sausages and whatever else I need and I'd be lucky to have change out of $50. Realistically I buy a bit extra and it's more like $70.

Or I can go to Maccas drive through and buy a box with 4 burgers and 4 serves of fries and 4 drinks for $19.95. Or the family burger box with bigger serves and more stuff for $27.95.

I haven't eaten anything yet today. It's just past midday, time to start thinking about lunch.

In Canada, the price of fruits and veggies has gone up but the price of meat has gone down.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad