Educational

Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97912 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #6525 on: December 15, 2018, 10:07:20 PM »
Bowl of porridge cooked the way I like it.

two coffee mugs of jumbo size rolled oats
two of the same, full of full-fat, full cream milk, none of that skimmed or semi-skimmed muck.
Slab of butter, proper butter, absolutely NOT any of those spreadable fuckers, the stuff thats part butter part vegetable oil, part paint stripper. Nice, rock-solid, bastardly to spread on anything until it's been left out, or a piece cut off and microwaved for a second or three. Porridge needs real butter. And really salty stuff too. Or it ain't going in there. I melt it in while it cooks, not serve it as a topping. Makes the porridge richer, saltier and tastier.

Then a generous mound of salt, a teaspoonful or so, roughly, going by what I imagine would fit in one compared to the average size of the pile I pour into my hand and chuck in.

Demerara light brown sugar, not measured, just cut the corner off the bag and sprinkle it around a bit.

Cook low heat until it's really thick, and really nice and hot.

Then, take a fist-full of that really really sticky, treacly, dark and moist soft molasses type sugar, the stuff so dark african racists would shout 'nigger' about.

And sprinkle, inasfar as doing so is practical with the stuff, which clumps together like anhydrous calcium chloride being used to desiccate soaking piss wet through nonpolar solvents, total sod to distribute at all evenly, so I just TRY using thumb and forefinger to break it up into bits that melt easier and throw it all over the show.

IF there's any left in said fist, down the hatch it goes. Although there almost never is.

No, it probably isn't exactly what you'd call great dietary advice. But it IS what can be called a fucking tasty breakfast.

Also ate a gobstopper, chewing gum center, searing hot fireball-candy shell, that smells just like P2NP, lovely. I can't eat one without thinking of the other, or reduce the other, without thinking of fireball candy, haven't been able to work with P2NP for bloody time, now, without a mental association with fireball candy. It smells SO much like it, its uncanny. Although definitely NOT a consumable substance, it is an irritant to skin, and as vapor, its like teargas. Only, teargas that smells  so good that you work up an appetite whilst coughing, choking, spluttering, eyes and nose streaming and burning and swearing the air so thick with profanities and blasphemies, in several different languages, that you could float a brick in it.

But it smells so fucking good...WHY has teargas got to smell so nice you actually want to stick your nose in a pile of it in crystalline form!  That's the gods of chemistry taking the fucking royal great piss if ever the royal great piss was taken.

Aldi do salmiak? oh damn I'm gonna look.

You should see if your aldi places do the frozen margarita cocktail sorbets gettable here. And even better, frozen mojito, either in a BIG pouch, just freeze, slice the end off, squeeze out a big fat bowl full of either tasty cocktail in sorbet form.

Bet you couldn't manage to eat just one, unless you bought only one and moved the hell away from the shops before tasting it. I can't. Not a huge alcohol fan, but those are good enough to eat until you get pretty pissed, even when you only wanted them because they taste so fucking good.

As for me, also drinking a milkshake. Just most of a 2l jug of milk, and a tub of cadbury's hot chocolate mix. Cold, just tossed the powder in on a sheet of printer paper to guide it, as I'd not consume anything that's been in any non-glass funnel. The others are used to pour chromic acid wastes into tanks for me to recycle when the demijohns are full up. And hexavalent chromium is toxic, carcinogenic and generally considered toxic waste, and with good reason. And in this case, it's stewing in 98-99% sulfuric acid.

So not going to be using THAT to funnel hot chocolate mix into my milkshake :P

Chocolate, cancer, and toxic waste flavour...yum.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6526 on: December 16, 2018, 08:48:32 AM »
Blergh! I wish I liked zucchini. And cucumber. And cabbage. They seem to be pretty versatile foods.

I don't like licorice or aniseed either. Kayleigh bought some Dutch salted licorice from Aldi. Quite a big packet of it. She needn't worry about me eating it. It's all hers.
I don't like zucchini either but was at a restaurant. It came with steamed broccoli too which I abhor so I made myself eat the zucchini and carrots instead.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6527 on: December 18, 2018, 02:14:31 AM »
Broccoli....oh EWwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I quite agree. Broccoli really is abhorrent, isn't it? it is just one of those botanical entities which quite simply; ought not to exist. And where found, should be doused in a saturated solution of white phosphorus in carbon disulfide.  (CS2 is a very, VERY low-boiling, although toxic, solvent, which has a truly excellent solubility for white phosphorus. Typically smells disgusting due to traces of thiophene as an impurity, the sulfur analog of furan, which causes it to smell vile, very volatile, and quite probably THE most flammable chemical I know of, definitely the most flammable solvent. Simply dipping a glass rod into tap-hot water, and holding it close to carbon disulfide will quite likely cause it to ignite. So one to be very careful with, especially with it being rather one of the more toxic solvents to be found in labs, but useful)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6528 on: December 18, 2018, 02:34:54 AM »
Steamed broccoli with melted butter isn't bad at all.

I had rice with goat curry and butter chicken, and a pappadum, for lunch today. The goat curry was superb, soft enough to melt in your mouth.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6529 on: December 18, 2018, 08:01:23 AM »
Steamed broccoli with melted butter isn't bad at all.

I had rice with goat curry and butter chicken, and a pappadum, for lunch today. The goat curry was superb, soft enough to melt in your mouth.

I made chicken korma last night with a salad and naan. One of my favourites.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6530 on: December 18, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
Broccoli gives me IBS symptoms. My mum would serve it practically every night and I would have a belly ache all the next day topped off by emergency visits to the toilet.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6531 on: December 18, 2018, 06:53:53 PM »
I love all the cool season crops and especially broccoli.

I always grow broccoli, kale, Brussells sprouts, spinach, mustard, lettuce, beets and Chard.  Had trouble with rabbits for a couple of years getting the long growing ones going, like Brussells sprouts.

Sometimes I also grow Bok choy, turnips, leeks, okra and radishes.

Onions, tomatoes and peppers are also on the always list, along with green beans and snow peas.
Weather does not always cooperate, so starting with high hopes usually leads to a decent garden production as the season progresses.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 07:27:44 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6532 on: December 18, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »
I made chicken stir fry tonight and for whatever reason it tasted amazing. And there's enough left over for my lunch tomorrow.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6533 on: December 19, 2018, 12:18:39 AM »
Fruit cake for a fruit cake...

It has given me indigestion.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6534 on: December 19, 2018, 04:33:06 PM »
For breakfast:
Yoghurt, mixed with a bit of raspberry preserves and sprinkled with uncooked rolled oats.

For mid-day snack:
Toasted sunflower seed bread, with mozzarella slices (slowly eating this treat that was on sale).

For afternoon meal:
Left over eggs & kale& jalapenos, with refried pinto beans

Dinner:
My friend is cooking chili. We are having an early solstice gathering :)
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6535 on: December 19, 2018, 04:35:23 PM »
I had leftover chicken stir fry for lunch. Skipped lunch and skipped dinner. I'm bad about missing meals when I'm anxious.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6536 on: December 19, 2018, 04:36:56 PM »
I had leftover chicken stir fry for lunch. Skipped lunch and skipped dinner. I'm bad about missing meals when I'm anxious.

You alright?

One way to help, is drink hot tea, or eat hot soup. Helps with an anxious tummy.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6537 on: December 19, 2018, 04:37:28 PM »
^^ But not too much caffeinated teas. That can make anxiety worse.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6538 on: December 19, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »
I have PTSD. It messes with me more times than others. This would be one of the more times ;) But I'm okay. It's not anything I'm not used to, I just hate it with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6539 on: December 19, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »
It's not anything I'm not used to, I just hate it with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. :laugh:

You are Phoenix, after all. ;)

Flame on!