Author Topic: Ask me anything  (Read 9830 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: I have seized power from McJagger. Ask me anything!
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2006, 02:28:07 AM »
It hit me in 1997, I "felt" God's presence and then I started a new religious obsession.  I think God is present as a benevolent life-force that manifests itself through humans in acts of kindness.

Do you think that suddenly 'feeling' God's presence could have been the onset of another perceptual disorder similar to DP?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2006, 05:35:49 AM »

If you were deep in sleep, and a man applied significant influence, could it be possible for him to make you yell out in your sleep from orgaism without waking you?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2006, 05:54:53 AM »
It hit me in 1997, I "felt" God's presence and then I started a new religious obsession.  I think God is present as a benevolent life-force that manifests itself through humans in acts of kindness.

Do you think that suddenly 'feeling' God's presence could have been the onset of another perceptual disorder similar to DP?
yeah I was wondering the same thing...  we aren't the only ones, Bill Maher often jokes that believers might be suffering from a mass neurological disorder
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2006, 09:51:09 AM »
There was never a kiss goodnight, never a hug and an "I love you." But there were shadows in the night and visitors. And then I would have visions too. I was given a mission and I told my parents (who by this time were religious fanatics having followed me into Christianity) that God had sent an angel to me to tell them to sell all they had and travel in a motorhome ministering around the country. Good plan. I thought it was real. It sure seemed real. And that's exactly what they did. Why they didn't have brains to reason by this time that I was mentally ill, is beyond me. But only six weeks into the journey it was obvious that it was all a big mistake. But bipolars often blame their irrational behavior on God and then also say that God is using these tests to do something entirely different than what they were saying God wanted in the first place!
    I am a Christian. But in my mania I suffer with religious mania. As a result I have converted away from Christianity several times. Once in 1993 I converted to Satanism and witchcraft. Oh that was an adventure. But it definitely appealed to my religious mania. I was obsessed with spells and rituals and hearing voices. I would lock myself in the closet and rock and chant and cut myself. All classic bipolar manic signs.

http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/8819/bipolar3.html

Probably rather more extreme that what you experience, Shima, but when people tell me that they hear, see or feel God, my first suspicion is that something's gone a bit wonky in their head.  I had a long discussion with a friend a while ago, where we were comparing our perceptions of things.  She saw beauty in everything, felt really awed by sunsets and the way leaves would sway on a tree, felt that everything was part of some divine essence and so on, and to me it sounded very much like how I've felt when I've taken ecstacy, except she had it constantly.  (When I've taken ecstacy though, I've been fully aware of the chemical reasons for why I felt the things I did, and didn't ascribe any religious significance to it).

Normally, I don't feel anything like that.  Sure, something might be pretty, but it doesn't give me an emotional surge to see a sunset or whatever, and I never have the slightest sensation of there being a supernatural side to reality.  I don't percieve things as being connected in any spiritual way, I don't see purpose in coincidences, and God, gods, magic, astrology, fairies and so on are completely absent from my experience of reality, though I understand, to my satisfaction, why many people believe in such things. 

The friend, on the other hand, was into all sorts; believed in fairies, thought she could so magic (but said it would be disrespectful to test it under controlled conditions, along with a whole bunch of other excuses for why I'd just have to take her word for it), believed that everything was part of a divine essence, that everything happened for a reason and so on.  She found it quite disturbing that I didn't feel the stuff she felt; that life for me was pretty cold and meaningless compared to her perception of it, ruled by happenstance rather than divine purpose.

So, I attribute a lot of religious feeling to brain chemistry and neurology.  Some people just seem wired for religion.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

hiroshima

« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2006, 11:38:12 AM »
Pete & draggon, yes, I am more than willing to attribute my belief in god to head wonkiness.

Flourescent-- you (he?) would have to drug me first.  I wake easily.

Eamonn

« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
Pete & draggon, yes, I am more than willing to attribute my belief in god to head wonkiness.

That's what YOU think!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2006, 09:26:52 AM »
Are you a candidate for admin?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

hiroshima

« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »

That's what YOU think!

That flourescent is a he? ;)

hiroshima

« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2006, 10:16:28 PM »
Are you a candidate for admin?

No....

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2006, 10:21:08 PM »
LOL - a bit late now. Oh well.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

hiroshima

« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2006, 10:23:22 PM »
Damn, I thought you had a question! :'(

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2006, 10:27:59 PM »
Would you like a question?

What's the furthest you've ever been from home?

hiroshima

« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2006, 10:48:58 PM »
I love questions!

The furthest I have been from home is Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2006, 10:51:17 PM »
How often do you remember your dreams?

Have you ever been able to do lucid dreaming?

hiroshima

« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2006, 10:53:39 PM »
I remember my dreams every morning; unless I write them down, though, the memory starts to fade.

I have experienced lucid dreaming quite a bit, but found it frightening, so tried to stop it with varying success.