Educational

Author Topic: Delete your copy of the anarchists' cookbook  (Read 632 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Delete your copy of the anarchists' cookbook
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »
It's apparently illegal to possess it now:

Boy in court on terror charges
A British teenager who is accused of possessing material for terrorist purposes has appeared in court.

The 17-year-old, who was arrested in the Dewsbury area of West Yorkshire on Monday, was given bail after a hearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

It is alleged he had a copy of the "Anarchists' Cookbook", containing instructions on how to make home-made explosives.

His next court hearing has been set for 25 October.

The teenager faces two charges under the Terrorism Act 2000.

The first charge relates to the possession of material for terrorist purposes in October last year.

The second relates to the collection or possession of information useful in the preparation of an act of terrorism.

He stood in the dock wearing a baggy, blue hooded top and only spoke to confirm his name and date of birth.

After the 40-minute hearing, the teenager was released on bail under several conditions.

A second 17-year-old who is facing similar charges has already been remanded in custody and will also appear at the Crown Court on 25 October.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Delete your copy of the anarchists' cookbook
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 01:55:19 PM »
I'm old school I have it print form from my college days  :): And they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands :evillaugh:  Most of the stuff in it is rather dangerous to try and make but it's a fun read.  I can't see making it illegal to posses there are many better sources of info on this subject including chemistry textbooks and  even warning labels  on products about  what not to mix with them. Are they going to make all these thing illegal also.  Maybe stop teaching chemistry and making it a banned science so we can fall further behind the rest of the world in the name of safety and security  All this has gone way too far, almost everybody has something in their house that could get them arrested if this is all they look for and think is grounds for it. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »
I'm waiting for them to arrest someone for possession of Delia's How to Cook.  Making bread rise is just an explosion in slow motion!
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »
I'm waiting for them to arrest someone for possession of Delia's How to Cook.  Making bread rise is just an explosion in slow motion!
Just maybe your just practicing mixing bread and cake to get the hang of mixing chemicals for explosives.  Next it will be  Delia's How to Cook Volume 2  Bombs and Explosives for Terrorists Made with Love in Your own Kitchen :evillaugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »
I got in trouble for giving this to a classmate in 1996 or so when I was in highschool.   I don't have it anymore, I also had the Jolly Roger's handbook too which was fairly similar anyways.   It was fun to play with for a while when I was a teenager and wanted to blow shit up.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 05:14:13 PM »
I got in trouble for giving this to a classmate in 1996 or so when I was in highschool.   I don't have it anymore, I also had the Jolly Roger's handbook too which was fairly similar anyways.   It was fun to play with for a while when I was a teenager and wanted to blow shit up.

I have Jolly Roger's handbook also still(I throw away nothing) I also collect old technical books many of which have much better recipes and techniques in them for making this stuff so that won't kill you when your making it I also have lots of old books that go into demolition  and charge placement.
Once when the police were at my house for something I'd rather not go into they asked lots of questions about my collection of glass lab ware just think if they saw my military collectibles they'd be carting me away

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 05:21:05 PM »
I didn't print them out really, they are probably still on the HD of my oldest PC.   So nothing to actually throw away haha.   My friends all had that crap too, thats who I would go around blowing shit up with (mainly mailboxes).
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »
Useless anyhow. The US Army Guide to Improvised
Munitions is MUCH better.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 06:57:42 PM »
Anarchists' cookbook doesn't really have anything useful to a terrorist that a five year old with a box of matches couldn't figure out.

It seems people just get dumber and dumber every f'cking day.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 06:58:23 PM »
I know I do.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 03:26:40 PM »
Anarchists' cookbook doesn't really have anything useful to a terrorist that a five year old with a box of matches couldn't figure out.

It seems people just get dumber and dumber every f'cking day.

It's for people without an imagination not that I'd ever think about that kind of stuff :angel:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
Why didn't he just think of things that might hurt and start from there?  Standards are slipping here in Blighty, aren't they?  Retard.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 07:16:05 PM »
Why didn't he just think of things that might hurt and start from there?  Standards are slipping here in Blighty, aren't they?  Retard.

Your right standard are slipping but it's the standards of what you have to do to be arrested.  Anybody with a copy of that book could be arrested and be accused of having dangerous materials because a lot of the ingredients are common in most households >:(  So it's just a matter of who they want to screw

George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 09:15:11 PM »
Useless anyhow. The US Army Guide to Improvised
Munitions is MUCH better.

These are also available as the "Improvised munitions blackbook" from Desert publications.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 05:30:09 AM »
They showed a copy of it on TV this morning along with all the guns and weapons some kid hat in Pa.  They called it subversive literature.   

George Bernard Shaw