Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93435 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #7860 on: October 20, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »
The day started badly with a pointless attempt at selling but ended with a terrific lead.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #7861 on: October 20, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »
Am I the only one who probably just got the wrong idea about this shop and kitty therapy?!?! :autism:
And that I get asked to take pictures of pussys?  :zoinks:

My education day at the farm was a huge success even though it was pouring rain right before we got there. 39/50 kids showed up, everyone was awesome, friend that runs the farm said homeschooling kids are amazing. So respectful of the land, the animals, the space and she wants us back so we're already planning another day for the spring! Yay!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7862 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
I got a job call along with a good friend. It will be 5 months @ 5 10s. $$$  :thumbup:

Don't let cbc know.  She'll expect you to airfreight her some seafood from that restaurant now that you're making the big bucks.
:agreed:

For my first shipment I would like some fresh haddock, lightly breaded and fried!   :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7863 on: October 21, 2011, 02:42:42 AM »
My recycling bin finally came :2thumbsup:. No more dealing with shit and people putting crap in all the other bins and filling them up.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7864 on: October 21, 2011, 03:02:30 AM »
I'm more mobile. And, health of my dad is improving.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7865 on: October 21, 2011, 04:23:01 AM »
My recycling bin finally came :2thumbsup:. No more dealing with shit and people putting crap in all the other bins and filling them up.

I love having a recycling bin.  Mine is bright green, what color is yours?  :)

People forget.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7866 on: October 21, 2011, 05:00:23 AM »

The ones in our area are dark green with sunny yellow lids. They're council issued. The council still owns them, we get charged in our rates bill for the supply and emptying of such.
I'm just chuffed because I don't have to share with next door anymore (family of 3 who seem to fill up the bin all by themselves, and now there's someone in the complex filling up ALL the bins with crap that doesn't go in them). Every unit has it's own bin now. There was one other  new bin still in the alcove which belongs to either unit 1 or 2 but I can't be stuffed figuring out who will get it. I hope none of the other units steal it though.

I'll be keeping mine in my garage away from yobs, I mean the neighbours, and thier tonnes of "empties".

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7867 on: October 21, 2011, 05:54:28 AM »

The ones in our area are dark green with sunny yellow lids. They're council issued. The council still owns them, we get charged in our rates bill for the supply and emptying of such.
I'm just chuffed because I don't have to share with next door anymore (family of 3 who seem to fill up the bin all by themselves, and now there's someone in the complex filling up ALL the bins with crap that doesn't go in them). Every unit has it's own bin now. There was one other  new bin still in the alcove which belongs to either unit 1 or 2 but I can't be stuffed figuring out who will get it. I hope none of the other units steal it though.

I'll be keeping mine in my garage away from yobs, I mean the neighbours, and thier tonnes of "empties".

Where I live, you can get a bin free from the Department of Public Works, but you have to
 buy and use the official bright yellow city trash bags with the logo on them, or else
 the sanitation workers will leave your trash on the curb.    :yarly:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7868 on: October 21, 2011, 05:54:39 AM »
Finished a first draft of a presentation that I need to do on Monday.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7869 on: October 21, 2011, 06:03:01 AM »

Where I live, you can get a bin free from the Department of Public Works, but you have to
 buy and use the official bright yellow city trash bags with the logo on them, or else
 the sanitation workers will leave your trash on the curb.
    :yarly:

Now that's just rubbish! :zombiefuck: (excuse the pun lol)

We can use any bags for general rubbish/landfill (which we have a smaller red lidded bin for), but we're not allowed to use plastic bags to dispose of the recycling.
Apparently they have cameras on the collection trucks (with an automated bin lifter thingo, nobody gets out of the truck), so if you put the wrong things in the wrong bin they know. There's a 3 strike system in place where they fine you and take your bins away if you exhaust all 3 chances.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #7870 on: October 21, 2011, 06:12:08 AM »

the sanitation workers will leave your trash on the curb.
    :yarly:

Now that's just rubbish! :zombiefuck: (excuse the pun lol)

We can use any bags for general rubbish/landfill (which we have a smaller red lidded bin for), but we're not allowed to use plastic bags to dispose of the recycling.
Apparently they have cameras on the collection trucks (with an automated bin lifter thingo, nobody gets out of the truck), so if you put the wrong things in the wrong bin they know. There's a 3 strike system in place where they fine you and take your bins away if you exhaust all 3 chances.
Wow. They're hardcore! :laugh:

We have a blue recycling bin (you get one free from Public Works but can buy extras of various sizes at Home Depot) and then we have a green bin (also from Public Works) which is for compostable goods. My city has a very extensive recycling program. There's not much you can't recycle so our garbage pickup is only every 2 weeks and you're allowed a maximum of four bags.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #7871 on: October 21, 2011, 06:17:48 AM »
I have started to burn some of my rubbish,  and have been piling up some
stuff today for my friday night fire.

The urchin and I love our little fires.
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7872 on: October 21, 2011, 06:20:47 AM »
I have started to burn some of my rubbish,  and have been piling up some
stuff today for my friday night fire.

The urchin and I love our little fires.

I love fires too.  I haven't been to a bonfire in so long. :cbc:

People forget.

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #7873 on: October 21, 2011, 07:06:59 AM »
I got my notation software working again.

P7PSP

« Reply #7874 on: October 24, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »
I worked 7 hours but got paid 10.