Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 94471 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #7425 on: July 14, 2011, 05:45:27 PM »
The whole Harry Potter thing is a bit like Apple iPhone--the more people encourage me to read/see/use it, the more I resist. And it's got nothing whatsoever to do with what i think of the product. I'm just a grumpy old man and a contrary bastard to boot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7426 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
The whole Harry Potter thing is a bit like Apple iPhone--the more people encourage me to read/see/use it, the more I resist. And it's got nothing whatsoever to do with what i think of the product. I'm just a grumpy old man and a contrary bastard to boot.

:pinkbeat: grumpy old men.  Contrary bastards, I'm not so sure of.

PS Prince Albert can't stand HP either.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7427 on: July 14, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »
It's sexayh to be a grumpy old man, I know.  :autism:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7428 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »

Your place or mine?  Or Paris?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7429 on: July 14, 2011, 05:50:22 PM »

Your place or mine?  Or Paris?

We'll *always* have Paris. :-*

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7430 on: July 14, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »
agreed about the popularity/pressure, though there's none on me because I don't have any IRL friends. I thought the movie was as bad as the book - as the series progressed, the books got longer and more boring to the extent that I read the last two in the bookstore rather than waste money on them.
On the other hand, I like going to movies with my partner, and it's even better when we don't have to wait in line or until midnight, and we don't have to pay for tickets. Her job has gotten us in to see 3 Harry Potter movies and into Universal Studios theme park. All we paid for was the food.

btw, the first half of Deathly Hallows was fairly good - worth seeing on one of the pirate sites.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7431 on: July 15, 2011, 01:57:37 AM »
I would read the books over seeing the movies. I don't think the movies would seem that good if the books aren't read first.

I will see the movie next week when there aren't so many people in the theatre.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7432 on: July 15, 2011, 09:54:43 AM »
agreed about the popularity/pressure, though there's none on me because I don't have any IRL friends. I thought the movie was as bad as the book - as the series progressed, the books got longer and more boring to the extent that I read the last two in the bookstore rather than waste money on them.
On the other hand, I like going to movies with my partner, and it's even better when we don't have to wait in line or until midnight, and we don't have to pay for tickets. Her job has gotten us in to see 3 Harry Potter movies and into Universal Studios theme park. All we paid for was the food.

btw, the first half of Deathly Hallows was fairly good - worth seeing on one of the pirate sites.

The rest of the family are all HP followers so I keep hearing all about the boy wiz. Some day I might watch movies 3-(whatever the number is now) on DVD.

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #7433 on: July 16, 2011, 03:21:18 PM »
I was headed home from downtown today. As I was passing the airport, I saw a Mooney M20K. So I pulled into the airport and went to take a look. The owner was there and i strted to chat with him. Tounge in cheek, I asked for a ride in it. He said "sure, I'm not flying it today, but here's my card, give me a call and next time I fly somewhere you can come along for a ride".

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7434 on: July 16, 2011, 04:04:12 PM »
I was headed home from downtown today. As I was passing the airport, I saw a Mooney M20K. So I pulled into the airport and went to take a look. The owner was there and i strted to chat with him. Tounge in cheek, I asked for a ride in it. He said "sure, I'm not flying it today, but here's my card, give me a call and next time I fly somewhere you can come along for a ride".

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Shameless, slutty, stewardess.  You'd do anything for a plane ride.  LOL LOL LOL

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7435 on: July 16, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
Managed to get 32 degrees of bend in my knee today, woo! (not 32 extra degrees, just 32 altogether)

Scrapheap

« Reply #7436 on: July 16, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »

Shameless, slutty, stewardess.  You'd do anything for a plane ride.  LOL LOL LOL

I learned from the master. :razz:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7437 on: July 16, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »
Managed to get 32 degrees of bend in my knee today, woo! (not 32 extra degrees, just 32 altogether)

Great.  Remember to stop before you get 360 degrees of bend.  OUCH!

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7438 on: July 16, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »

Great.  Remember to stop before you get 360 degrees of bend.  OUCH!
hahaha, i'm sure there's a video of that happening somewhere :laff:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7439 on: July 16, 2011, 06:51:31 PM »
I went and saw my brother in law who I have not seen in 19 years.  He was away when I went to Florida to visit my sister earlier this year
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw