Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93883 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #7350 on: June 10, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
Gave my little girl her Birthday present. A handbag and a gift voucher worth $60 to buy what she wants. Likely clothing or toys or videogames I guess. She was really pleased.
Am in a competition at work, they are trying to shift a heap of nice handsets on a high end user plan. I sent out some really good emails to targeted customers that I researched shit out of. i reckon the conversion rate will be god if I can follow up on them.
Whilst everyone else there is pitching shit out of these things either with no targeting or conversely pitching and drying up the easiest sources, I will find niche targeting and work the needs creatively. It is harder and more time consuming but I will be able to sustain many more opportunities to pitch confidently and effectively. That is the hope.
Oh the competition means that if we sell 7 in 30 days we get one free for ourselves. 14 gets 2 etc.

Happy Birthday to that cute and witty girl of yours.

:agreed:

For some reason the image of Les trying to buy a handbag is a very funny image to me.  :lol:

The spirit of Chopper Reid was with him!  He just made himself harden the fuck up and do it!   :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #7351 on: June 10, 2011, 10:15:46 PM »
I got a total of 88 texts on my phone today. I guess it is good because it means I have friends and this new boy likes me. But bad news for my thumbs.

Your thumbs are worn out, but your other fingers can rest. :snowman:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

eris

« Reply #7352 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:31 PM »
I got a total of 88 texts on my phone today. I guess it is good because it means I have friends and this new boy likes me. But bad news for my thumbs.

Your thumbs are worn out, but your other fingers can rest. :snowman:

:rofl:  :plus:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7353 on: June 11, 2011, 04:23:51 AM »
The weekend is here.

That's something good that will happen later today for me.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7354 on: June 11, 2011, 04:48:17 AM »
 I felt dizzy upon waking, as I occasionally do, but after I eating a banana I felt much better!   :bananas:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #7355 on: June 11, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
I felt dizzy upon waking, as I occasionally do, but after I eating a banana I felt much better!   :bananas:

I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7356 on: June 11, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »
The Princess Royal woke this morning with excruciating pain in her abdomen.  Pale faced, sick looking around the eyes, felt warmish.  She doesn't cry often, but she did cry over this.  Thankfully the doctor has office hours on Saturday.  Took her over there, still in pain.  Just as the doctor walked in she puked all over the floor.  Instead of the appendicitis we feared it was thankfully a bad stomach virus.  After resting with some OTC sleeping aids she woke up feeling better.  Now we're seeing how she's tolerating liquids.

What's the good part?

It wasn't appendicitis.
She's still seeing the only pediatrician she's ever had and he's said as long as it's something he can treat he'll continue seeing her.
The doctor and I have such a close relationship that he and I are on each other's facebook and regularly exchange joke emails.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7357 on: June 11, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
Glad she'll be ok  ^

also sounds like she has a good doctor

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7358 on: June 11, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »
The Princess Royal woke this morning with excruciating pain in her abdomen.  Pale faced, sick looking around the eyes, felt warmish.  She doesn't cry often, but she did cry over this.  Thankfully the doctor has office hours on Saturday.  Took her over there, still in pain.  Just as the doctor walked in she puked all over the floor.  Instead of the appendicitis we feared it was thankfully a bad stomach virus.  After resting with some OTC sleeping aids she woke up feeling better.  Now we're seeing how she's tolerating liquids.

What's the good part?

It wasn't appendicitis.
She's still seeing the only pediatrician she's ever had and he's said as long as it's something he can treat he'll continue seeing her.
The doctor and I have such a close relationship that he and I are on each other's facebook and regularly exchange joke emails.

I'm very relieved for her that it wasn't appendicitis.

My good thing is that my daughter finally figured out how to swing herself on the swings today when we walked to the park.

I gave her ten hard pushes at a time, and then walked away in between pushes to use a magnet on the sand and small rocks at the park looking for magnetite, which she likes.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7359 on: June 11, 2011, 06:30:37 PM »

What's the good part?

It wasn't appendicitis.

My good thing is that my daughter finally figured out how to swing herself on the swings today when we walked to the park.

I gave her ten hard pushes at a time, and then walked away in between pushes to use a magnet on the sand and small rocks at the park looking for magnetite, which she likes.

Great for your daughter.  Swinging on swings is something I love to do, but there don't seem to be too many that fit adults.  Oh, to be a child again  :laugh:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7360 on: June 11, 2011, 06:35:32 PM »
Glad she'll be ok  ^

also sounds like she has a good doctor

Yes.  I remember when she was about 3 and had a cluster of febrile seizures that went from 10 pm to 4 am before the emergency room had them under control.  (You know it's bad when you're giving the admit clerk your insurance information and the ER nurse comes in and says, "We need to see the Mother now.")  We made an emergency appt with the pediatrician that morning and he spent 1 hour talking to us about seizures, what to do, etc.  He is also the PR and PA's allergist, so I'm the only one who doesn't see him for medical stuff.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7361 on: June 11, 2011, 06:50:49 PM »

What's the good part?

It wasn't appendicitis.

Great for your daughter.  Swinging on swings is something I love to do, but there don't seem to be too many that fit adults.  Oh, to be a child again  :laugh:

The ones at the parks here are one size fits all and adults often swing on them.

Our parks have blue ones like these:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7362 on: June 11, 2011, 06:53:14 PM »

What's the good part?

It wasn't appendicitis.

The ones at the parks here are one size fits all and adults often swing on them.

Our parks have blue ones like these:

We used to have those, but the recreation department is getting rid of all swings except for diaper style ones for toddlers.  Fear of litigation and increased insurance costs.  Idiots.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7363 on: June 12, 2011, 03:58:09 AM »
Sockface is back to his old funny self :cheer:

:heart:'s Sockface

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7364 on: June 12, 2011, 04:12:50 AM »
I'm glad your daughter didn't have appendicitis, QV. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein