Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 94712 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #6360 on: March 06, 2011, 06:19:12 AM »
My mother is ok, but my father openly resents my existence, and my brother... I don't feel like typing it all out here, but he's a problem. I really don't feel safe here. I'm just about at the point of packing up whatever I can carry and walking out without caring about where I go.
That sucks PSP, I hope you get it sorted out properly.
Any chance you can live in a room rented out to students? Being and feeling safe is very important.

Especially if they're the kind of people who are always     :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
I grew up in a large family so the noise doesn't bother me as much as the lack of decompression time. I remember during the time I just referred to when lots of family was visiting so I went to my bedroom for peace and heard my mother going around saying "where's Russ?" repeatedly until I came out and said "I want time by myself, is that okay?". The concept puzzled my mother.

I know what you mean. Never was a problem to get that as a child, but now, it only is there in the little hours. And then I am actually too tired to use the time well.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6361 on: March 06, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
Bought a guitar  8)

Cool!

I got told that I should be making money from my photography.
That would be interesting if, after so much work in music, you end up making a living as a photographer. Knowledge gained is not wasted in any case.

It would be. I'm on the way to making a living in music, it's just a long process.
Any way of making money from things that I enjoy is good.
Have you managed to get a try out for the Brisbane Symphony or Philharmonic?

Not yet... I do know how to go about auditioning, but university + work + trying to move out of home + my family being insane is taking up all my energy at present.
I got broke as shit almost 19 years back and moved back in with my parents.  :zombiefuck: My parents are cool but it was a relief to get my own place again. Having people around all the time drives me nuts.

My mother is ok, but my father openly resents my existence, and my brother... I don't feel like typing it all out here, but he's a problem. I really don't feel safe here. I'm just about at the point of packing up whatever I can carry and walking out without caring about where I go.

That's awful, PSP.  I hope things get better for you soon.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6362 on: March 06, 2011, 09:10:08 AM »
Got a few pictures and sat on a bouncey tree branch with my brother lol

P7PSP

« Reply #6363 on: March 06, 2011, 09:17:10 AM »
When I was 15 I visited my biological father  :thumbdn: in Oregon. My cousin Tracy took me to a cherry tree and we sat there all afternoon eating cherries. They were delicious.  :thumbup: Then we had diarrhea all the next day.  :thumbdn:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6364 on: March 06, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »
When I was 15 I visited my biological father  :thumbdn: in Oregon. My cousin Tracy took me to a cherry tree and we sat there all afternoon eating cherries. They were delicious.  :thumbup: Then we had diarrhea all the next day.  :thumbdn:

I can't eat any more than a few macadamia nuts because of a similar incident when I was a child. They are fairly oily, and my body just goes, 'not these fuckers again'...and I start to feel sick in the stomach.

Offline Stalin

• Constant Poster
« Reply #6365 on: March 06, 2011, 09:28:37 AM »

I can't eat any more than a few macadamia nuts because of a similar incident when I was a child. They are fairly oily, and my body just goes, 'not these fuckers again'...and I start to feel sick in the stomach.

I'm the same way with feta cheese. Pity. It's delicious.
When Stalin strikes, lightning stands still

Stalin has the strength of ten tigresses

When Stalin asks, you answer

Stalin freezes your blood, makes cowards out of strong men

P7PSP

« Reply #6366 on: March 06, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »

:lol: Fortunately I do not have that response to cherries, but I do moderate my consumption now.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6367 on: March 06, 2011, 10:57:11 AM »
here's video of me and my brothers on a tree. I nearly knock him off when I get off it lol

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6368 on: March 06, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6369 on: March 06, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
here's video of me and my brothers on a tree. I nearly knock him off when I get off it lol

Is that your mother laughing behind the camera when you get off the branch?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6370 on: March 06, 2011, 11:03:55 AM »
yeah that's my mum with the dog

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6371 on: March 06, 2011, 12:10:43 PM »
Hey there are plenty of guys who like cats too.  :LOL: Rage especially loves cats (another guy on here) 

Although yeah, it is definitely more common for girls too, and old women lol

I also have a dog, tortoise, bird and bearded dragon, but cats are definitely my favourite animals. I fucking love cats. All of them. Always have ever since i was a kid. I grew up with cats and didn't have a dog till a couple years ago, so that may be why

I bet this Rage is a camp gay old supervillain lady. In disguise.

:plus:

Hey, Rage, the ball is in your court now. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6372 on: March 06, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
Cleaned up in my study. Finally.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Binty

« Reply #6373 on: March 07, 2011, 02:42:49 AM »
Well it wasn't exactly good but it did make me laugh loads.

Tazzy (the cat) loves going upstairs but for some reason lately, she's taken to sticking her head/torso out through the banisters and because she extremely clumsy and can't land or jump properly, we panicked and barricaded the stairs with a window screen thing.  Her response was to meow mournfully at it.  However, today she decided to take matters into her own paws and began trying to get past the barricade. Her efforts were quite hilarious.  Then to our surprise, she managed to push the barricade slightly to the side and squeeze past it.  She looked extremely triumphant and proud of herself before she realised that I wasn't coming over to congratulate her but to plonk her back down on the landing.  She started running away from me and trying to hide but she's too pugdy to do it effectively  :laugh:  Anyway, I got her down and we fixed the barricade.  What followed though were the most hilarious 10 minutes of this year, probably, as she attempted to paw her way through the screen  :lol:  I felt bad laughing but watching her pawing/punching the barricade repeatedly and getting more and more frustrated was too funny.  It was also probably the most exercise she's had in years.

Just thought I'd share that.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6374 on: March 07, 2011, 02:55:44 AM »
I saw Sockface's doppleganger :laugh: