Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93806 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #645 on: February 20, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »
At least I am moving less than 25 miles away from my current location.   It will be nice to have my own place (well I am living w/ my brother).   I already have a friend who wants to pay to live in the living room lol.   Right now its going to be me and my brother in a 2 BR 2 Bath 1100 sq ft with washer and dryer hook ups.   I should be able to get cable and internet within the week.   After the lease is over I want to be able to get a mortgage on a small house.   I am going to have to work my ass off, but I am looking forward to it.
:P   Internets are super serious.

The_P

« Reply #646 on: February 20, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »
Told a friend of mine to fuck off. LOL.

Sophgay

« Reply #647 on: February 20, 2008, 10:44:21 AM »
Had a shower
Dealt with my ocd stuff quite well, compared to the usual
Got a new table thing for my room, from IKEA (lol), so hopefully I won't spill so many drinks on the floor now
It has room for some of my things I use as well, like my ipod and my phone and tv remotes

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #648 on: February 20, 2008, 11:00:25 AM »
At least I am moving less than 25 miles away from my current location.   It will be nice to have my own place (well I am living w/ my brother).   I already have a friend who wants to pay to live in the living room lol.   Right now its going to be me and my brother in a 2 BR 2 Bath 1100 sq ft with washer and dryer hook ups.   I should be able to get cable and internet within the week.   After the lease is over I want to be able to get a mortgage on a small house.   I am going to have to work my ass off, but I am looking forward to it.

Twenty five MILES! Are you fucking INSANE!!

:evillaugh:

Actually, it sounds like a nice place, Alex.

What about amenities, locally? Have you done a drive 'round, to find how accessible all the pleasantries are? Changing apartments was always about pleasantry to me.

:asthing:

There is nothing like having your own place!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #649 on: February 20, 2008, 11:03:27 AM »
They have a pool and a fitness center at the apartment complex.   It is really close to 9A and UNF (the uni that I am going to).   Being close to 9A allows me to get to a good part of the city in a decent amount of time.    The St. Johns Town Center and Regency Square Mall are within 5 miles or so.

25 miles in Jacksonville is nothing, this city is so fucking spread out.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #650 on: February 20, 2008, 11:11:53 AM »
I put some cheques into the bank; the ones from the website have been piling up, and the past 6 months of them came to £89.68, converted from USD 190.53 - £5 commission.  It's not going to buy me a tropical island, but a day with £89.68 is better than a day without, all else being equal.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #651 on: February 20, 2008, 11:39:37 AM »
I put some cheques into the bank; the ones from the website have been piling up, and the past 6 months of them came to £89.68, converted from USD 190.53 - £5 commission.  It's not going to buy me a tropical island, but a day with £89.68 is better than a day without, all else being equal.

I haven't been there since you started, but Have you kept up the reviews or is this residual from past efforts?

Either way, I doubt there could be a "cooler" job. Make enough for a "trip" to the island and I'd call it a successful business venture!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #652 on: February 20, 2008, 11:41:34 AM »
Nice, some extra money never hurts.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #653 on: February 20, 2008, 11:50:40 AM »

I haven't been there since you started, but Have you kept up the reviews or is this residual from past efforts?

Either way, I doubt there could be a "cooler" job. Make enough for a "trip" to the island and I'd call it a successful business venture!

It's residual income from past efforts.  I've been too messed up lately to work on it, but I'm getting about $30 a month just on the basis of about 10 articles I wrote.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #654 on: February 20, 2008, 12:17:59 PM »
They have a pool and a fitness center at the apartment complex.   It is really close to 9A and UNF (the uni that I am going to).   Being close to 9A allows me to get to a good part of the city in a decent amount of time.    The St. Johns Town Center and Regency Square Mall are within 5 miles or so.

25 miles in Jacksonville is nothing, this city is so fucking spread out.

Yeah, I was being weird, on purpose.

It sounds like a great place. Convenience to you is essential.

ozymandias

« Reply #655 on: February 20, 2008, 12:37:23 PM »
Got my car back from the garage and the problem was not as bad as I thought!  <phew>

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #656 on: February 20, 2008, 12:41:11 PM »
A UK recruitment agency called to ask me if I was interested in a manager job. Unfortunately, in the UK. Full time, on site. Had to turn it down.

sods law. still, shows your skills are still in demand, right?  :bangbang:

Yeah, it's a good thing they called. I'm still tempted to call back and change my mind, but I don't see how that would work out.

/refrains from commenting.  ;)  :-*

what dunc said, though - people out there recognise your skills, and you're in demand.  employment-wise, i mean cos you know all about the other version, right?   :eyelash:.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #657 on: February 20, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »
A UK recruitment agency called to ask me if I was interested in a manager job. Unfortunately, in the UK. Full time, on site. Had to turn it down.

sods law. still, shows your skills are still in demand, right?  :bangbang:

Yeah, it's a good thing they called. I'm still tempted to call back and change my mind, but I don't see how that would work out.

What would the job be?

Couldn't you move?

Says the biggest baby in the world about moving, although she has done it countless times.

you could, er, stay with me.   :eyelash:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #658 on: February 20, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »
Got my car back from the garage and the problem was not as bad as I thought!  <phew>

You may owe penance, but don't you love the car gods when they shrug.

ozymandias

« Reply #659 on: February 20, 2008, 01:02:47 PM »

You may owe penance, but don't you love the car gods when they shrug.

Possibly, I'm sure they have it in for me and are saving that for the worst possible moment.   :-\