Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93857 times)

ozymandias

Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #525 on: February 14, 2008, 01:11:09 PM »
Well, once again I'm ahead of the snow piles, we'll see how long this interval lasts. ::) Oh and it's sunny!   :green:

Maybe it will start to melt soon, spring is almost on its way.

Yeah, I keep telling myself that, but, the Northeast and especially Maine are known for having screwy weather at this time.  The weather reports for the next week are not encouraging.  1 day of sun followed by another of clouds and either rain/snow or a mix. 

Don't mind me, I'm feeling exhausted and if there wasn't sun today, I'd probably be having a bad case of SAD.  I need a break, somehow, somewhere................... :-\

ozymandias

« Reply #526 on: February 14, 2008, 01:18:36 PM »
I bought some flowers for my wife and some sherry for myself later today. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #527 on: February 14, 2008, 02:08:44 PM »
Well, once again I'm ahead of the snow piles, we'll see how long this interval lasts. ::) Oh and it's sunny!   :green:

Yeah, I keep telling myself that, but, the Northeast and especially Maine are known for having screwy weather at this time.  The weather reports for the next week are not encouraging.  1 day of sun followed by another of clouds and either rain/snow or a mix. 

Don't mind me, I'm feeling exhausted and if there wasn't sun today, I'd probably be having a bad case of SAD.  I need a break, somehow, somewhere................... :-\

Jamaica.

I can recommend the sea breeze and the warm water. Just don't try to order a non-alcoholic beverage. They will all laugh at you.

"HA HA HA! This is Jamaica, mon. I don' ev'n think we have anythin' loike thot. Wha' can I ge' f'r ya?  Really?"
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #528 on: February 14, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »

This time of year can be crappy, but not much longer now :hug:

ozymandias

« Reply #529 on: February 14, 2008, 02:27:52 PM »

Jamaica.

I can recommend the sea breeze and the warm water. Just don't try to order a non-alcoholic beverage. They will all laugh at you.

"HA HA HA! This is Jamaica, mon. I don' ev'n think we have anythin' loike thot. Wha' can I ge' f'r ya?  Really?"

Sometime in the Caribbean sounds delightful right now! 

ozymandias

« Reply #530 on: February 14, 2008, 02:30:53 PM »

Your right and I do look at the calendar constantly.   :green:   We're just having having, what they call a "once every 36 year average", roughly translated, it means we get a REALLY shitty winter about every 36 years on average.   ::)

Soph

« Reply #531 on: February 14, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
bought a californian map from c.1902 and a bookk about frogs

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #532 on: February 14, 2008, 04:58:08 PM »
Took some Lindt truffles and a card to my gran for VD Day.  It felt good to do that.
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #533 on: February 14, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »
got offered another job - had to turn it down.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #534 on: February 14, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »

Jamaica.

Doesn't it though!

I would even be OK in swimming trunks. Private resort - not necessary.

:evillaugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #535 on: February 14, 2008, 06:13:40 PM »

Thank fuck!

I must admit, though, that this years has not been as bad as some previous years, for me. I really wish I knew why. It's not just the fact that I am working, because my worst times with SAD have been when I was flush making money, doing what I love. Can't explain it.

Maybe I'm cured.

:D

ozymandias

« Reply #536 on: February 14, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »

Jamaica.

Doesn't it though!

I would even be OK in swimming trunks. Private resort - not necessary.

:evillaugh:

Fuck the swimming trunks, just let me lay under a beach umbrella feeling soft warm ocean breezes and sucking down some refreshing tropical drink.  Listening to some decent reggae/blues music with the sound of a gentle surf in the background.  <bliss>

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #537 on: February 14, 2008, 06:18:47 PM »

Thank fuck!

I must admit, though, that this years has not been as bad as some previous years, for me. I really wish I knew why. It's not just the fact that I am working, because my worst times with SAD have been when I was flush making money, doing what I love. Can't explain it.

Maybe I'm cured.

That would be great.  If you find out what cured you send some for Dunc will you- this winter has been a rough one.

ozymandias

« Reply #538 on: February 14, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »

Thank fuck!

Maybe I'm cured.

That would be great.  If you find out what cured you send some for Dunc will you- this winter has been a rough one.

Send some for me too.  PLEASE!! 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #539 on: February 14, 2008, 07:41:48 PM »
That part was nothing more than quipping, mischievous antic, jesting facetiousness, wisecracking drollery, or foolish espieglerie, even.

I AM  not CURED.
In fact, I may have infected others, but inexplicably, I have a sense of being on the outside looking in for the worst part of it all this year. I can't begin to account for this. Maybe recognising that my kids get it too, encouraging them and trying desparately to liven them up has actually helped me. Maybe this "fake it until you make it" rigmarole has availed me to a flourish in some mysterious way.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:43:49 PM by DirtDawg »