Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93864 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »
there's just notthing, exceptt that when I cam home to an alreaddy over stimmed houdeholdd, myy daughter huggged me.

I tried to look inher eyes but she was not there.

I enjoyed the hugg though.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Soph

« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2007, 03:12:12 PM »
flo is snoring!!!!!!11

v cute!

Soph

« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2007, 03:12:44 PM »
she is curled up on a blanket on the end of my bed with her paw over her face

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2007, 04:07:55 PM »
thats cool.

mine wont touvh me right now or get anywhere near. she just seems to knw when i am not wanting her toucj.

later i will give her a proper purring
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:09:35 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2007, 09:28:19 PM »

It's still about animals ...

I got a call from my sister-in-law who needed a favor. She lost her dog about three weeks ago and had given up on ever seeing her again. She found her dog today though and she needed a lift out into the country to pick up the dog. She has some terminal disease and takes wicked meds at times and she can't drive. Her husband is out of town. Of course, I loaded up the kids and we took off.

It turns out that her dog was hit by a car and rather severely injured. One of the first people on the scene was a horse veterinarian who, gathered up the injured dog and took her to a nearby clinic where he does some volunteer work and got the dog stabilized. The next day, after leaving notice with all the local shelters, he took her to his farm where he performed two surgeries to save her leg, including implanting reconstructive plates in the dog's pelvis and femur ... all with no intention of being reimbursed or even finding the owner, just helping the injured dog.

The re-union was amazing and it made for a very happy ending to the day for a nice lady and her loving dog and I think for the vet as well. The dog is up walking around, although with a limp and very happy to see her owner. She will be fine. They both will.

The vet would only take one hundred twenty nine dollars for the medical supplies and antibiotics he used on the dog.

Unbelievable!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2007, 09:34:17 PM »
 I wish the best of luck on people like this there should be more of them 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2007, 09:41:08 PM »

It amazes me to find someone in this busy world still performing such selfless acts of "random kindness."  I had to share it. It really made my day, especially after such a rough time I have had this past week.
It is almost like fresh air to breathe.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2007, 08:30:15 AM »
I'd have been more surprised if the guy hadn't helped the dog.  It seems such a natural thing to do, and I'd be very wary of anyone who wouldn't help a hurt animal when they had the means to do so.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2007, 04:44:27 PM »
I'd have been more surprised if the guy hadn't helped the dog.  It seems such a natural thing to do, and I'd be very wary of anyone who wouldn't help a hurt animal when they had the means to do so.
Agreed. It is his life interest, but let's be real for a moment.
I certainly see what you are saying, but the business climate and the normal hustle and bustle of central Indiana life, (which I am not really part of) would prevent most people from even noticing yet another destroyed dog on the road, although a decent vet would probably wince.

It was merely luck that he was there and managed to stop fast moving highway traffic long enougth to save the dog from the next series of car hits, which would have been the end for her.

I also have pleasant thoughts for him, because he did not exploit a perfectly legitimate business opportunity, when the owner showed up.

ozymandias

« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
My daughter and I indulged in a day of shopping, she got some Farside and Garfield books as well as a bunch of BellaSara trading cards AND I got some GOOD Volcano books!! :green:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2007, 06:46:46 PM »
Fixed the brakes on my wifes car without any problems
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »
My daughter and I indulged in a day of shopping, she got some Farside and Garfield books as well as a bunch of BellaSara trading cards AND I got some GOOD Volcano books!! :green:

Cool.
Both my kids have been into Garfield for a while. my son has just discovered gary larson's incredible wit, though.
We have much work to do.

I have neeb getting mih some books at the library full of stupid jokes and I found one about the origins of colorful sayings andand how they all relate to the history of the times in which they became popular. Designed for kids.

It is truly a fun grey area lesson to teach.

ozymandias

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2007, 09:25:02 PM »

Cool.
Both my kids have been into Garfield for a while. my son has just discovered gary larson's incredible wit, though.
We have much work to do.

I have neeb getting mih some books at the library full of stupid jokes and I found one about the origins of colorful sayings andand how they all relate to the history of the times in which they became popular. Designed for kids.

It is truly a fun grey area lesson to teach.

My daughter has an incredible intelligent wit and creative spirit.  She has experienced and adores wit/humor of all types, from Mel Brooks to Monty Python, Whose Line is it Anyway or whatever.  She also loves asking what certain puns or jokes may mean, as she doesn't have the full historical reference to understand some of them.  But, she knows that she can ask us about things that most parents would blanch in horror in answering.   ::)  The way my wife and I see it, a sense of humor is an essential survival tool in this crazy world.  AND a curious mind is not a bored mind, to paraphrase Vincent Price.  ("If your curious, you'll never be bored.") 

Books are an indulgence that reaps benefits!!  IMHO

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2007, 09:47:32 PM »
I'm dressed, and listening to the clash.
Looks good.

Soph

« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2007, 10:44:02 PM »
had chinese and a happy hippo