Author Topic: Two Patroit Provisions Ruled Unlawful  (Read 354 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Two Patroit Provisions Ruled Unlawful
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 12:12:05 AM »
It's not over, but I'm glad to see the damned thing
get chipped away at.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 04:28:15 AM »
http://www.midco.net/news/read.php?ps=1011&id=15520088&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

Is that for the good or bad?

I think it is very much for the good that the Patriot Act is getting slapped down.  When Big Brother can do something like this to Brandon Mayfield without due process, they are violating the Fourth Amendent from the Bill of Rights and that's terrible.

Mayfield, a Muslim convert, was taken into custody on May 6, 2004, because of a fingerprint found on a detonator at the scene of the Madrid bombing. The FBI said the print matched Mayfield's. He was released about two weeks later, and the FBI admitted it had erred in saying the fingerprints were his and later apologized to him.

Before his arrest, the FBI put Mayfield under 24-hour surveillance, listened to his phone calls and surreptitiously searched his home and law office.

The Mayfield case has been an embarrassment for the federal government. Last year, the Justice Department's internal watchdog faulted the FBI for sloppy work in mistakenly linking Mayfield to the Madrid bombings. That report said federal prosecutors and FBI agents had made inaccurate and ambiguous statements to a federal judge to get arrest and criminal search warrants against Mayfield.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 06:02:33 AM »
So when does Bush get given some quality bonding time with big gay Bubba?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 08:37:36 AM »
http://www.midco.net/news/read.php?ps=1011&id=15520088&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

Is that for the good or bad?

I think it is very much for the good that the Patriot Act is getting slapped down.  When Big Brother can do something like this to Brandon Mayfield without due process, they are violating the Fourth Amendent from the Bill of Rights and that's terrible.

Mayfield, a Muslim convert, was taken into custody on May 6, 2004, because of a fingerprint found on a detonator at the scene of the Madrid bombing. The FBI said the print matched Mayfield's. He was released about two weeks later, and the FBI admitted it had erred in saying the fingerprints were his and later apologized to him.

Before his arrest, the FBI put Mayfield under 24-hour surveillance, listened to his phone calls and surreptitiously searched his home and law office.

The Mayfield case has been an embarrassment for the federal government. Last year, the Justice Department's internal watchdog faulted the FBI for sloppy work in mistakenly linking Mayfield to the Madrid bombings. That report said federal prosecutors and FBI agents had made inaccurate and ambiguous statements to a federal judge to get arrest and criminal search warrants against Mayfield.

I think it great but worry if it will be upheld as it moves up the line.  I hope things make a positive turn soon or there will be many more of these cases in the future and we will never hear about them.  Much more of this law needs to go and not just by chipping away by hand but with a jack hammer. The federal prosecutors and FBI agents who made inaccurate and ambiguous statements to a federal judge need to be dealt with as the Duke lacrosse  prosecutor was and be held accountable while those agencies still have at least some creditability or it will only get worse.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw