Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 335298 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #29925 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »

I asked her and she said that's just the way it is sometimes, I guess she either didn't believe how much pain I was in or was just stumped. My pain's always worse after physio so I guess I'm pushing myself too hard too soon but the physio is insistant on super fast progress. I'm seeing my surgeon on Wednesday for a catch up so I'll talk to him about it then, hopefully that'll go well.

Are you good at expressing how bad the pain is in words?

Telling that it is really bad may not be enough.

Telling how you nearly pass out, or what things it makes impossible for you to do may be something they'll listen too.

Spectrumites sometimes don't have the facial and bodily expression that seems to belong with severe pain, and that may make they will not be taken serious.
Ah! I never thought of that. Now you said it that's really true and it happens all the time in loads of situations. I'll get my mum to explain how the pain is, they'll understand then. Thanks, it finally makes sense now! :green:

Hyke is an awesomely wise and helpful cow, she's probably right!   :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #29926 on: July 14, 2011, 07:28:07 AM »

I asked her and she said that's just the way it is sometimes, I guess she either didn't believe how much pain I was in or was just stumped. My pain's always worse after physio so I guess I'm pushing myself too hard too soon but the physio is insistant on super fast progress. I'm seeing my surgeon on Wednesday for a catch up so I'll talk to him about it then, hopefully that'll go well.

Telling how you nearly pass out, or what things it makes impossible for you to do may be something they'll listen too.

Spectrumites sometimes don't have the facial and bodily expression that seems to belong with severe pain, and that may make they will not be taken serious.

Maybe this will help:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/02/boyfriend-doesnt-have-ebola-probably.html
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #29927 on: July 14, 2011, 07:36:37 AM »
I'd want my whole house to look like that if I was mega-rich and ran out of more productive things to do with my money, though I'd have blinds installed in case the shimmering light started to annoy me.
I don't think blinds alone would cut it for a few reasons (shape being the main thing, but inadequate ability to fully filter light would also be an issue).  You'd need somethign more like a motorized retractable canopy.

I was thinking along the lines of zillionaire blinds, which would probably have more in common with the iris in Stargate than with anything I've ever used to cover my windows.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #29928 on: July 14, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »

Maybe this will help:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/02/boyfriend-doesnt-have-ebola-probably.html
Oh god, that is hilarious. The link I mean. Cheers for the laugh! :thumbup:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #29929 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:14 AM »
It would be better if the tank were filled with sharks  :zoinks:

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #29930 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:37 AM »
I need to speak with someone who knows their stuff about pain meds. If tramadol, codeine and other strong opiates aren't enough and the doc won't give me morphine for at home what the hell do I do? ???

midlifeaspie

« Reply #29931 on: July 14, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »
I need to speak with someone who knows their stuff about pain meds. If tramadol, codeine and other strong opiates aren't enough and the doc won't give me morphine for at home what the hell do I do? ???

Have you been on Oxycodone or Hydrocodone yet?  Fentanyl patches?

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #29932 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »

I haven't had any of those yet. I think oxycodone doesn't go well with very low blood pressure and seizures, not sure on that though ???. Hydrocodone is illegal here, class A. I'll ask about them patches though, thanks! :thumbup:

Edit: oxycodone is a class A drug too over here. Oh well :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:24:46 AM by Crip »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #29933 on: July 14, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »

I haven't had any of those yet. I think oxycodone doesn't go well with very low blood pressure and seizures, not sure on that though ???. Hydrocodone is illegal here, class A. I'll ask about them patches though, thanks! :thumbup:

Edit: oxycodone is a class A drug too over here. Oh well :P

Where are you?  You can't get a prescription for a "class A" drug?  In the US Oxycodone is a schedule 2 and Hydrocodone is a schedule 3 because it is only available in combination with Acetaminophen.  A Fentanyl patch would be extremely effective, but is also a schedule 2 drug in the US.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #29934 on: July 14, 2011, 02:21:39 PM »
I'm so glad I was never made a moderator on a site like AFF or WP.

I can see myself abusing my powers really easily.  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29935 on: July 14, 2011, 04:45:10 PM »
If you think of them as powers you might end up doing just that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #29936 on: July 14, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
Seems like a lot of pressure, and impossible to be viewed as a just member by other members.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #29937 on: July 14, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »
I can still think of them as "just members".  The Modulator title doesn't come with any responsibility.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29938 on: July 14, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »
Seems like a lot of pressure, and impossible to be viewed as a just member by other members.

Being a mod is a bit like that. Everything you do is judged by a different set of standards.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #29939 on: July 14, 2011, 09:22:24 PM »
I can still think of them as "just members".  The Modulator title doesn't come with any responsibility.
Sorry, didn't mean that. Was talking about moderators on wp or aff.