Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 335398 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #6930 on: February 19, 2007, 10:22:16 PM »
You were assuming I was being depressive and angsty, rather than being silly and weird.  When I am angsty, I am very strait forward about it.  But for future reference ...<message>... means what I am thinking RIGHT now.  It was intended to make you go "huh?" as do most bits of conversation do out of context.  Like, ...if it weren't for my horse, I would have never spent that year at college...
- points for whoever gets the reference.

"Michael Jackson is a punch line to any joke you want." )more Blackism(

I had assumed you were being silly and weird while wanting people to think you were depressive and angsty. I don't know if emo is a good description or not, but it sounds like you want to create a feeling of angst in another person. As far as I'm concerned it fits the thread, since you explained your meaning and I like the idea of bringing something confusing, but funny to people. If that's a rule of the thread, I missed it and all my talking about speakers or music could be considered off topic.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Teejay

« Reply #6931 on: February 19, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »

Its fairly obvious to me you think everything is black and white.  I don't have any obessions, those went bye bye along time ago.  What sex?  So the fuck what, the same as any other male.  I have a purpose to things I do, and its I don't get worried if my plans change.  I am not so sure I can say the same thing about you!  I have a fun time with the reaction I get from green tea, and I am not obessed with that either.  I just love it so much that is why I talk so much about it.

For an NT you think yourself as being, you do have some truly weird interests.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6932 on: February 20, 2007, 01:19:20 AM »
You were assuming I was being depressive and angsty, rather than being silly and weird.  When I am angsty, I am very strait forward about it.  But for future reference ...<message>... means what I am thinking RIGHT now.  It was intended to make you go "huh?" as do most bits of conversation do out of context.  Like, ...if it weren't for my horse, I would have never spent that year at college...
- points for whoever gets the reference.

"Michael Jackson is a punch line to any joke you want." )more Blackism(

I had assumed you were being silly and weird while wanting people to think you were depressive and angsty. I don't know if emo is a good description or not, but it sounds like you want to create a feeling of angst in another person. As far as I'm concerned it fits the thread, since you explained your meaning and I like the idea of bringing something confusing, but funny to people. If that's a rule of the thread, I missed it and all my talking about speakers or music could be considered off topic.

No... I was just being silly.  I kind of wanted to explain before that ... ... signified out of context thought, but I figured it would take some of the weird out of it.

So I guess it was just a bad move of mine to use THAT particular out of context thought as the first for the trend.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:20:59 AM by Nomaken »
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

duncvis

« Reply #6933 on: February 20, 2007, 03:03:55 AM »
I had assumed you were being silly and weird while wanting people to think you were depressive and angsty. I don't know if emo is a good description or not, but it sounds like you want to create a feeling of angst in another person.

Snap. I also figured you come out with that sort of 'wtf' stuff for effect, being attention seeking and over-the-top weird - it doesn't come across as real, but as part of a tendency to project a public image of being bizarre, unique, sensitive, a truly independent thinker (read: somewhat random and self-consciously avoiding any value judgements which may reflect an absolute rather than relative stance on an issue) etc etc - but actually coming across as pretentious and insincere, an insecure person clinging to an act.

I wasn't calling you emo. I was telling you how your random standalone 'huh?'isms look, coupled with some of your more outlandish (stated) opinions. I hope this goes some way towards explaining some people's gut reaction to some of your posts, at least as far as I see it.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #6934 on: February 20, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »
Lancelot vs. Zero. White Knight vs. Black Knight. Hm, the main character plays chess. White Knight vs. Black Knight, heh heh heh heh. It took me 17.5 episodes to think of the the chess angle, heh heh ::Hangs head down::
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #6935 on: February 20, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »
Seems the ginger flamer has had an interesting change of indentity...

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #6936 on: February 20, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »

When is someone not impersonating him?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

The_P

« Reply #6937 on: February 20, 2007, 01:33:23 PM »

Go back to your silly little webpage, you Swedish pipe-dreamer you.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6938 on: February 20, 2007, 01:33:47 PM »
I am an attention whore.  But if this is an act, then there is nothing of me that isnt.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

The_P

« Reply #6939 on: February 20, 2007, 01:34:58 PM »
I am an attention whore.  But if this is an act, then there is nothing of me that isnt.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #6940 on: February 20, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »

Go back to your silly little webpage, you Swedish pipe-dreamer you.
Atleast I do not have any ridiculous identity crises. And care to point out one of those pipe-dreams?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6941 on: February 20, 2007, 04:28:05 PM »
Why the fuck am I suddenly compulsively muttering the lyrics to "I'm too sexy" under my breath?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6942 on: February 20, 2007, 04:29:11 PM »
... memories of Rio and many, many mardi gras ago.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #6943 on: February 20, 2007, 05:06:18 PM »
That was fucked up, and I totally fell for it. Some bastard had to start a gotcha thread on another forum that pretended to announce a 3rd season of Black Lagoon. So cruel.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6944 on: February 20, 2007, 06:02:56 PM »
Why the fuck am I suddenly compulsively muttering the lyrics to "I'm too sexy" under my breath?

Because I posted them here:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=2617.msg109421#msg109421

:mwhaha: :mwhaha: :mwhaha: :mwhaha: