Author Topic: My ask away thread  (Read 30329 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: My ask away thread
« Reply #705 on: June 12, 2007, 05:50:27 PM »
Hide my identity more than others? In what way?

Boundaries I have: I don't often feel comfortable talking about emotional stuff and I find it very hard to show when people have hurt me.  And as I said before I won't share pics- because I've posted some elsewhere and I wouldn't want them being connected to me here (That's not a place I'm at in my life anymore).

Do you seem to have any boundaries?- yes, but I'm not sure what they are.  You seem to joke off certain questions or make light of certain issues and I sometimes get the impression you're holding something back(don't ask me for examples because nothing springs to mind at the moment)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2007, 03:44:43 AM »
Hey PI - You have posted a picture of yarn in the Post a Photo of your Obsessions thread...what exactly is the obsession?

Knitting?  Just trying to remember.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #707 on: June 26, 2007, 04:01:13 AM »
Hey PI - You have posted a picture of yarn in the Post a Photo of your Obsessions thread...what exactly is the obsession?

I just generally love to make things- I sew, crochet, paint, but mainly I knit.  I'm the kind of person that can't sit doing nothing for very long. The picture of yarn was to illustrate my obsession with this and also my obsession with good hand painted yarns.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #708 on: June 26, 2007, 04:07:45 AM »

I just generally love to make things- I sew, crochet, paint, but mainly I knit.  I'm the kind of person that can't sit doing nothing for very long. The picture of yarn was to illustrate my obsession with this and also my obsession with good hand painted yarns.

I've done all of those things too!  The reason I asked is because I have this secret bag of yarn that I've had since 1990 I think of all different ones I love. 

What medium do you use to paint with?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #709 on: June 26, 2007, 04:15:01 AM »
I have yarn everywhere (and I just gave away 2 carrier bags to the kids school)  :laugh:

I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to painting, I prefer the thick acrylic paints so I can get some texture as well as colour in my pictures.   I don't paint often anymore, but when my PMDD was at its worst I found it very therapeutic.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #710 on: June 26, 2007, 04:29:00 AM »
I have yarn everywhere (and I just gave away 2 carrier bags to the kids school)  :laugh:

I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to painting, I prefer the thick acrylic paints so I can get some texture as well as colour in my pictures.   I don't paint often anymore, but when my PMDD was at its worst I found it very therapeutic.

To explain your painting as abstract is always a good excuse I find!  Acrylics dry to fast for my liking...but I know what you mean about texture.  Oils take a long time to dry when you use big gobs of it.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #711 on: June 26, 2007, 04:43:11 AM »
I've not really had the spare cash available to spend trying out different types of paints, I prefer to save my 'treat' money for really nice yarn.  :laugh:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #712 on: June 26, 2007, 04:52:18 AM »
I've not really had the spare cash available to spend trying out different types of paints, I prefer to save my 'treat' money for really nice yarn.  :laugh:

Fair enough.  I mucked around on miniature 6 X 8 in with limited colours to get a feel at first.

Nice oils are expensive though, I agree.  But the slow drying time is actually good because you can still touch up for weeks afterwards...(no getting dirty here PI...stay on topic!)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #713 on: June 26, 2007, 04:54:29 AM »
Might have to give oils a go then when I next get some spare cash.

I'm really trying not to think about sex at the moment, since I'm not going to be getting any for almost 3 weeks.  :laugh:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #714 on: June 26, 2007, 04:59:28 AM »
Might have to give oils a go then when I next get some spare cash.

I'm really trying not to think about sex at the moment, since I'm not going to be getting any for almost 3 weeks.  :laugh:

:'(  Cry me a river!

You love your little digs...lucky I can take them....

otherwise, I'd be crying a river!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #715 on: June 27, 2007, 05:56:40 AM »
have a nice trip, PI.
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #716 on: July 02, 2007, 09:04:22 AM »
19 guests? Fuck me.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #717 on: July 05, 2007, 03:53:40 PM »
have a nice trip, PI.

Thanks- the journey was actually pretty stress free, which was a pleasant surprise.  Having a good time so far, just missing having any real time on my own.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #718 on: July 05, 2007, 06:34:29 PM »
have a nice trip, PI.

Thanks- the journey was actually pretty stress free, which was a pleasant surprise.  Having a good time so far, just missing having any real time on my own.
i have missed you.  was actually thinking about that, just today.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #719 on: July 08, 2007, 02:01:16 PM »
What other windows do you have open on your computer right now besides this one?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.