Educational

Author Topic: Sept 11 families  (Read 3346 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Sept 11 families
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »
around 9/11 noone could get it right. Osama, Usama, Esama, Asama, Barack Obama, Oma Desala... pick one!
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »
Same problem with Quadafi - who's name is now
spelled completely differently.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
i used to think american newscrews were professional and checked things out. but the Usama crap opened my eyes.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2007, 08:38:57 PM »
They just make it up.
BBC is better. They get
paid.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »
Not all of our letters correspond perfectly with letters in different alphabets.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2007, 08:43:12 PM »
crap excuse.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2007, 08:49:23 PM »
Jews = infidels (same with Christians).   He hates America for supporting Israel.   For just "permitting" Israel to invade Lebanon and helping them, he hates the U.S.

Jews worship Jehovah/Yahweh/etc and not really Allah like the Islamists claim.   Since Allah to them is the one true God, then everyone must worship him or be destroyed.   Lemme find that verse in the 9th sunnah I think.

"Strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, 'We are Christians': because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.  (The Noble Quran, 5:82)"

"Say: 'O People of the Book (i.e., Jews and Christians)!  Come to common terms as between us and you:  That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah.'  If then they turn back, say ye: 'Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).'  (The Noble Quran, 3:64)"

Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations. 2:61
Allah turned the Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes. 2:65-66
Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They'd like to live 1000 years. But they are going to hell. 2:96
# Those who submit and convert to Islam will be treated well. (Those who don't submit will be killed. See previous verse.) 9:6

# Don't make treaties with non-Muslims. They are all evildoers and should not be trusted. 9:7-9

# Treat converts to Islam well. (Kill those who refuse to convert. See 9:5) 9:11

# Fight the disbelievers! Allah is on your side; he will give you victory. 9:12-14

# Don't let idolaters tend the sanctuaries. Their works are in vain and they will be burned in the Fire. 9:17

# Don't make be friends with with your disbelieving family members. Those who do so are wrong-doers. 9:23

# Allah punished those who disbelieved. 9:26

# Only idolaters are unclean. Keep them away from your places of worship. 9:28

# Fight against Christians and Jews "until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low." 9:29

# Christians and Jews are perverse. Allah himself fights against them. 9:30

# The "Religion of Truth" (Islam) must prevail, by force if necessary, over all other religions. 9:33

# Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to the rich and greedy Christian monks and Jewish rabbis. 9:34

There is much more.   Very obvious that the Quran doesn't like Jews or Christians.  Unfortunately there is a lot more where that came from regarding both religions in relation to Islam.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »
Jews = infidels (same with Christians).   He hates America for supporting Israel.   For just "permitting" Israel to invade Lebanon and helping them, he hates the U.S.

More than 'permitting'. The US is essentially WHY Israel
has the military might that it does. Indeed, why Israel
survives. We could halt just about any action they take.
They have no other allies, really.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2007, 09:01:13 PM »
We could halt just about any action they take.

Ha. Does that include them torpedoing our ships?

So there's a great list of the usual bible snippets that we can always point to when someone blows something up or burns someone alive. It's unsatisfying and one dimensional. Not only are there other factors at work, but they have been researched and documented. Unfortunately, the western obsession with Israel/Palestine creates a whole lot of noise.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2007, 09:02:34 PM »

:laugh:

Presumably that was an accident.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2007, 09:10:08 PM »

Yeah France gave them nuclear technology for their plants as well.   The U.S. is their main ally, that much is for sure.   The UN might help them if it got too bad imo.

Offline morthaur

• Dungeon Master of the Aspie Élite
  • Part of the Chaos
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2007, 09:33:10 PM »
around 9/11 noone could get it right. Osama, Usama, Esama, Asama, Barack Obama, Oma Desala... pick one!
Hrmm...  Well, the FBI's wanted poster uses Usama, as does Al Jazeera.  The BBC used to use that form but recent articles are now saying Osama.  Either way, it's just a matter of transliteration.

Languages using other scripts than the Latin often have differing forms at differing times and places.  Look at the argument over Chinese transliteration: Beijing is now pushing Pinyin and the Taiwanese are sticking with Wade-Giles (e.g.: Mao Zedong vs. Mao Tse-tung; Teibei vs. Taipei, Nanjing vs. Nanking, etc.).  And Russian studies still has no consensus, with folks like me preferring (e.g.) Trotskii and others using Trotsky; and then there's the debate over Anglicization: is it Peter or Pyotr?  :laugh:  You can see this gets really annoying at times.

Anyroad... I'll try just to use 'bin Laden' if that makes ye happier.  But if I use the full name, habit is likely to drop me into the occasional 'Usama'...

Jews worship Jehovah/Yahweh/etc and not really Allah like the Islamists claim.   Since Allah to them is the one true God, then everyone must worship him or be destroyed.
Christians and Jews usually disagree, but as far as Islam is concerned, Allah is the same G-d first worshipped by the Jews and then by the Christians.  The Qur'an is meaningless if this is not the case, as the entire justification for it depends upon the link to Abraham, etc.  Jews are considered wayward but are not condemned by Allah.  Are you going to ignore the fact that non-Muslims have lived in Muslim lands, without trouble, for over a millennium?

There is much more.   Very obvious that the Quran doesn't like Jews or Christians.  Unfortunately there is a lot more where that came from regarding both religions in relation to Islam.
As for your string of out-of-context quotes, I will prepare a more suitable response another day, when I have time to sit down with the original sources.  Suffice it for now to say that I reject your interpretation of Islamic law, and your dismissal of historical relations between Muslims and non-Muslims.  This is the kind of pig-ignorant reading of the Qur'an that calls to mind that Westboro Baptist son-of-a-bitch and his obscene "god-hates-fags" movement...

Agreed that the US was more complicit than permissive in the Lebanon campaign, but Israel is not always perfectly reliable and has frequently pursued foreign policy objectives at cross-purposes with America's.  It is tempting at times to make a reductive assessment of the American military relationship with Israel, but it's not entirely fair to the facts.

:laugh:

Presumably that was an accident.
It was, yeah, but the IDF would fire on American troops if they stood in the way of an important Israeli objective, and they have said so before.  Israel's leadership have committed themselves to acting solely in their perceived national interest, for the sake of their national survival, and they don't much give a hoot if they piss people off along the way.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2007, 10:14:02 PM »
  The UN might help them if it got too bad imo.

Pfft. Israel is up shit's creek in the UN,
if not for US bullying. The general assembly
is almost ALWAYS trying to get them to
support right of return.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »
Hrmm...  Well, the FBI's wanted poster uses Usama, as does Al Jazeera.  The BBC used to use that form but recent articles are now saying Osama.  Either way, it's just a matter of transliteration.

Languages using other scripts than the Latin often have differing forms at differing times and places.  Look at the argument over Chinese transliteration: Beijing is now pushing Pinyin and the Taiwanese are sticking with Wade-Giles (e.g.: Mao Zedong vs. Mao Tse-tung; Teibei vs. Taipei, Nanjing vs. Nanking, etc.).  And Russian studies still has no consensus, with folks like me preferring (e.g.) Trotskii and others using Trotsky; and then there's the debate over Anglicization: is it Peter or Pyotr?  :laugh:  You can see this gets really annoying at times.

Anyroad... I'll try just to use 'bin Laden' if that makes ye happier.  But if I use the full name, habit is likely to drop me into the occasional 'Usama'...

i don't really care i was just postwhoring. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2007, 10:41:08 PM »
  The UN might help them if it got too bad imo.

Pfft. Israel is up shit's creek in the UN,
if not for US bullying. The general assembly
is almost ALWAYS trying to get them to
support right of return.

True they are in a way.   They keep pushing their luck.

Well I just quoted that stuff.   The 9th sunnah or w/e has more that really can't be taken out of context.   They are supposed to reach out to Christians and Jews and share their faith.   I have never had a Islamic person explain jack to me about Islam to convert me.   Maybe it is more common elsewhere.