Author Topic: Reality...  (Read 1694 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Reality...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 05:37:22 PM »
can the Darius from The Sign Of One turn back time so i can watch Star Trek? come on.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 07:57:44 PM »
:booty:
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 08:06:41 PM »
is that a time machine?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 08:50:07 PM »
No, I think 'tis a woman waiting for rear penetration.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 09:03:37 PM »
it does me no good. unless her ass projects the episode of Star Trek i missed.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 09:11:59 PM »
Was it "The shit from inner space?"

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 10:37:51 PM »
lol. that reminds me of an episode that could have been called the shithead from outerspace. or the shit episode from rick berman's butt. it was so illogical and stupid it made me sick. they encountered an entity called nagilum and it randomly killed a convenient redshirt and Picard was like why did you kill that man, obviously not caring about his death, and nagilum said he wanted to see what death was like as he was immortal. and he wanted to kill all on enterprise in different ways. and he claimed to be a wise superior being. well i say bullhickey. a superior being knows better. what an asshole. and Picard should have seen this and kicked his ass but they start a philosophical debate instead. and in the end Picard is left puzzled. well i'd have told that fucker to get the fuck out of there if it ever wants to refer to itself in any respectful way. i'd have called it a goddamn faker. a fucking hitler in mama terry's raggy clothes. what a fuckhead indeed. i hate that episode.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 10:40:23 PM »
lol i said asshole not angel fluffy bunny.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »
lol i mean a sshole :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »
lol. that reminds me of an episode that could have been called the shithead from outerspace. or the shit episode from rick berman's butt. it was so illogical and stupid it made me sick. they encountered an entity called nagilum and it randomly killed a convenient redshirt and Picard was like why did you kill that man, obviously not caring about his death, and nagilum said he wanted to see what death was like as he was immortal. and he wanted to kill all on enterprise in different ways. and he claimed to be a wise superior being. well i say bullhickey. a superior being knows better. what an angel fluffy bunny. and Picard should have seen this and kicked his ass but they start a philosophical debate instead. and in the end Picard is left puzzled. well i'd have told that fucker to get the fuck out of there if it ever wants to refer to itself in any respectful way. i'd have called it a goddamn faker. a fucking hitler in mama terry's raggy clothes. what a fuckhead indeed. i hate that episode.

Weird.  I always enjoyed that episode.

Besides, if they had "told that fucker to get the fuck out of there if it ever wants to refer to itself in any respectful way", it likely would have just said "...interesting" and gone right on with what it was doing.  Wouldn't have made all that much difference.

One nitpick -- Rick Berman only co-executive produced that one.  Roddenberry was still around and involved in 1988.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »
nagilum was so illogical and stupid. it didn't deserve the respect. i was disappointed in Picard in that eppy, in that he didn't condemn nagilum like he did that oil slick.

i don't like berman, if Roddenberry had had more power there would have been gays on enterprise. and he hated Wesley.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 03:35:47 PM »
nagilum was so illogical and stupid. it didn't deserve the respect. i was disappointed in Picard in that eppy, in that he didn't condemn nagilum like he did that oil slick.

i don't like berman, if Roddenberry had had more power there would have been gays on enterprise. and he hated Wesley.

Different approaches for different villains.  Nagilum was more or less rational, hence a rational approach.  The skin of evil was pure dark emotion, condemnation was used to further enrage it.

Please clarify your 2nd statement -- who hated Wesley?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 03:39:31 PM »
nagilum wasn't rational. it's not rational to kill people. it was malevolent and nasty.

the skin of evil i felt sorry for. it was a stain on the world, trapped in hatred. i felt bad for it. nagilum had no excuse really, at least if it claimed to be so superior.

berman didn't like Wil Wheaton and was mean to him.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 03:47:05 PM »
nagilum wasn't rational. it's not rational to kill people. it was malevolent and nasty.

An alien rationality is still a rationality.  Humans were little more than ants/lab rats to him, at least at first.  Picard convinced him otherwise.

the skin of evil i felt sorry for. it was a stain on the world, trapped in hatred. i felt bad for it.

I agree with you here.  A tragic "character".

nagilum had no excuse really, at least if it claimed to be so superior.

Superior in capability is inarguable.  Superior in morality......depends on who's morality.

Oh good.  You do have it right.  I quite agree with you on that.  I was afraid you meant Roddenberry.  You had me digging through "Dancing Barefoot" (Wil Wheaton's first book) to find quotes about how much Roddenberry loved the guy.   :green:

*edit:  cleaning up the quote blocks
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 04:19:13 PM by mordok »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 04:04:39 PM »

An alien rationality is still a rationality.  Humans were little more than ants/lab rats to him, at least at first.  Picard convinced him otherwise.

the skin of evil i felt sorry for. it was a stain on the world, trapped in hatred. i felt bad for it.

I agree with you hear.  A tragic "character".

nagilum had no excuse really, at least if it claimed to be so superior.

Superior in capability is inarguable.  Superior in morality......depends on who's morality.

Oh good.  You do have it right.  I quite agree with you on that.  I was afraid you meant Roddenberry.  You had me digging through "Dancing Barefoot" (Wil Wheaton's first book) to find quotes about how much Roddenberry loved the guy.   :green:

you've read dancing barefoot? do you by any chance visit his blog? :) i haven't read it much in ages but sometimes i check it out.

yeah Roddenberry made Wesley into a boy but wasn't it based on his granddaughter? i haven't read dancing barefoot but i've read loads of the stories in Wil's blog.

i don't think nagilum was rational at all. i have different standards for that. it's logical to be as gentle and kind and emphathetic to all beings because we are all one and we all can feel pain. it benefits us all when we treat each other how we would want to be treated. nagilum was a lonely old fool with no real sense of love or pain... maybe in that sense he wasn't malevolent, he was deluded and inexperienced. not just inexperienced, unable to experience and understand. unless he himself felt pain or loss or died.

and he was not rational because he should have experimented on himself. understanding of death only occurs when you experience it.

and i am against animal testing anyway.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 04:07:44 PM by Hannahfan »
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar