Poll

How often do you change your sheets?

(Option for men) Once a week or more.
(Option for men) Every couple of weeks.
(Option for men) Once a month.
(Option for men)  Almost never.
(Option for men)  I do not change my own sheets.
(Option for men) I sleep without sheets.
(Option for women) Once a week or more.
(Option for women) Every couple of weeks.
(Option for women) Once a month.
(Option for women) Almost never.
(Option for women) I do not change my own sheets.
(Option for women) I sleep without sheets.

Author Topic: How often do you change your sheets?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How often do you change your sheets?
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2017, 05:28:11 AM »
Now I want to buy a jersey cotton quilt cover. Over $100 though. If I save for it and get it, I will never want to get out of bed in the mornings.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2017, 02:57:16 PM »
 :indeed:

Almost €70. Lot of money.

No shops with cheaper options?
I like flannel in winter, even softer than  jersey. It's either really expensive, or at a bargain at discount textile shops. Can't afford the expensive stuff.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »
umm, i sleep between sheets on a random basis ( i mostly just drop off wherever i happen to be, most often the sofa ) and i change them when i think "hmm. it's awhile since i changed them" or  else when expecting guests (whichever comes soonest)
i would need to note sheet-changes in a diary to be able to figure out how often that comes to. and i would also ned to figure out a walkie-proof method of keeping  my diary in a place where i can  find it more often than not ; both of which would be highly novel circumstances.

you're tallking to somebody who got to the menpause before she got the hang of having monthly periods. they always arrived unexpectedly, cause i'd forget when the last one occured long before the monyth was up. amnd yeah, that sometimes occasioned a sheet-change, not to mention a good long soak of the sheets before washing them.

the feel of freshly-washed sheets next to skin is heavenly, but it doesn't last. the next night,  the sheets feel unwashed again (by comparison)  , and the following night, and the night after that. if sheets that really need changing feel or look any different , i've  never noticed that difference. hmm, so maybe i've  just happened to change them in time, every time? :shrug:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2017, 03:37:02 PM »
PS in short: sorry, but none of those options seem to fit!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2017, 03:55:19 PM »
Did no one tell you that the "monthly" in monthly periods is a myth?  :tard:

I've promised myself a clean bed for over a week now. I'll do it when I feel better.
Bed of daughter gets cleaned  more often. Nosebleeds do the trick there.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2017, 06:02:11 PM »
  Speaking of periods, I've only had one so far in 2017.  Getting close to the end.  :prude:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2017, 09:58:25 AM »
  Speaking of periods, I've only had one so far in 2017.  Getting close to the end.  :prude:

don't look so happy about it, since my supply of female hormones dried up, i've been strongly leaning towards that theory that they help to mask or modify the autism.  and also  a whole bunch of other things like seizures, ataxia and catastrophes in the gut region.

iIactually asked my Gp if i could have HRT, on the suspicion it would help the nameless disaster that was happening to my entire system, but she said "We only prescribe that for [typical ]menopausal symptoms"

Huh. foiled by the damned NHS again. (who's chief role in my life is to repeatedly say "No can do")

I suggest that if you get similar symptoms ( I very  hope you don't)  majke a big promotion out of night-sweats and such , just in case your Dutch system is similarly unhelpful.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »

don't look so happy about it, since my supply of female hormones dried up, i've been strongly leaning towards that theory that they help to mask or modify the autism.  and also  a whole bunch of other things like seizures, ataxia and catastrophes in the gut region.

iIactually asked my Gp if i could have HRT, on the suspicion it would help the nameless disaster that was happening to my entire system, but she said "We only prescribe that for [typical ]menopausal symptoms"

Huh. foiled by the damned NHS again. (who's chief role in my life is to repeatedly say "No can do")

I suggest that if you get similar symptoms ( I very  hope you don't)  majke a big promotion out of night-sweats and such , just in case your Dutch system is similarly unhelpful.

CBC is a proud American. ;)

I hope I take after my mom with menopauze. Though looking forward to another decade of menstruating is no fun. But her menopauze went as smooth as can be.

Think I could convince my Dutch GP to give me HRT, when needed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:12:17 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2017, 11:49:39 AM »

I hope I take after my mom with menopauze. Though looking forward to another decade of menstruating is no fun. But her menopauze went as smooth as can be.

ooops. i got her mixed up with you, hyke, didn't i?
that happen now and then, cos you are both prolific posters, you are both female, you are both admirable tpeople, and if i carry on much further with the sinmilarity thing, i shall begin to brown-nose so much that you will i am taking the piss or something.

but it's true. and besides i don't wabnt to offend the weeble. she might do some sort of menacing wobble-thing in my direction.

my mum disn't do the menopause thing until she was 60-or so.  Far from taking after her, I've had my GP muttering "ealy menopause" at me since i was 37. Not because i had a particularly early menopauase, as things turned out,  it was just the onky explanation she could think of for the bouts of excruciating pain i was getting in the appropriate part of my belly, investigation theroof having drawn a load of blanks (story of my life) .oh! and some other symptoms iiirc. but i've had so many mysrerious symptoms it's all a bit of a blur by now.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »

ooops. i got her mixed up with you, hyke, didn't i?
that happen now and then, cos you are both prolific posters, you are both female, you are both admirable tpeople, and if i carry on much further with the sinmilarity thing, i shall begin to brown-nose so much that you will i am taking the piss or something.

but it's true. and besides i don't wabnt to offend the weeble. she might do some sort of menacing wobble-thing in my direction.

my mum disn't do the menopause thing until she was 60-or so.  Far from taking after her, I've had my GP muttering "ealy menopause" at me since i was 37. Not because i had a particularly early menopauase, as things turned out,  it was just the onky explanation she could think of for the bouts of excruciating pain i was getting in the appropriate part of my belly, investigation theroof having drawn a load of blanks (story of my life) .oh! and some other symptoms iiirc. but i've had so many mysrerious symptoms it's all a bit of a blur by now.

*gently wobbles over :cbc: to sit with Walkie*

I didn't realize till very recently that some women can still have regular periods well into their 50s. 
   As a youngster/teenager, I thought every woman started menopause at 40-44 or so, and that it
   lasted about six months.  Naive.  :laugh:  So far, my own perimenopause has been uneventful.  8)

People forget.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2017, 02:06:17 AM »
@ the weeble: :)  :hug:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2017, 05:13:33 AM »

We need a Walkie smiley now.  :)

People forget.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2017, 05:42:47 AM »

We need a Walkie smiley now.  :)

oooh! i like that. but hang on... i wonder what a walkie smiley would look like? Eek!  i have no idea!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2017, 05:45:56 AM »
My wife and I love clean sheets, so no issue there. Regarding the kids, clean sheets is a potential war. Part of the point is to get them to Take Care Of Themselves!

I have even resorted to dumping left over spaghetti in my daughter's bed to convince her to freshen her bed clothes. I am not evil, just desperate to make a point at times.
It hurts us to go this far!
 :bigcry:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
 :LOL: Your poor daughter.

I am still guilty of not changing my sheets often enough. Come to think of it I should change them now and I've been putting it off for at least a week.

Sometimes one has to learn the consequences (or advantages) of these chores for oneself.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.