Author Topic: odeon's ask away-thread  (Read 68893 times)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
Re: odeon's ask away-thread
« Reply #1425 on: October 29, 2008, 02:36:57 PM »
What is your favorite vegetable?, and ideal meal?
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1426 on: October 29, 2008, 02:39:25 PM »
Carrots, actually.

And I've always been partial to a good steak.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1427 on: October 29, 2008, 03:01:12 PM »
* Pyraxis drooools....

Maybe tonight for dinner, porterhouse was half off at the grocery.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1428 on: October 29, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »
Carrots, actually.

hurumph.  :P

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1429 on: October 29, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »
Who much snow do you get ther
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1430 on: October 29, 2008, 04:04:53 PM »
Who much snow do you get ther

are you typing in a scots accent, parts?

:LMAO:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1431 on: November 15, 2008, 08:21:43 PM »
Copied from worldbuilder's thread.

No, that is not where the interesting conversations come from.

Okay, so if drama is almost always a good thing because it increases traffic, but arguments don't create interesting conversations, where do interesting conversations come from?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1432 on: November 15, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »

Okay, so if drama is almost always a good thing because it increases traffic, but arguments don't create interesting conversations, where do interesting conversations come from?

Decent question.

New material is interesting. How about an argument that poses questions that we have yet to consider? Now that would be interesting to me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1433 on: November 15, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »
Hm. That requires knowing what questions you've already considered. I often make the mistake of thinking that just because a question's new and fascinating to me, it will be to others too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1434 on: November 15, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »
Hm. That requires knowing what questions you've already considered. I often make the mistake of thinking that just because a question's new and fascinating to me, it will be to others too.

No requirement. A perchance inspiration is far more satisfying.

This is why we continue attempting to exchange. We just don't know where to look, it seems.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1435 on: November 16, 2008, 09:19:31 AM »

You're taking my reply out of its context. I was referring to the non-arguments used by worldbuilder, how he was dodging the real question--that is, the question was actually what kind of world HE would prefer. What happened now, twice, was that he didn't answer, opting instead to use vague references to a "utopia" created by some sharp minds not otherwise defined. And no, "utopia" certainly isn't an answer because one man's utopia is another's daily bullshit, as proven by Hadron & Co in another thread and context.

Arguments can certainly create interesting conversations but the non-arguments worldbuilder was using were designed to manipulate and mind-fuck, rather than actually arguing. And that is exactly what I hold against him and why I don't see a point to arguing with HIM.

NEXT!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1436 on: November 16, 2008, 10:17:03 AM »
You're reading things between the lines that neither I nor worldbuilder intend.

Worldbuilder is missing things between the lines that are obvious to you.

That said, my question here was more general. If I'm remembering right, you've said before that you want interesting conversations on Intensity. One of the ways I find interesting information is to go after the things I hate - that's one of the reasons I pick so many fights. And the drama provides fodder for my interest in sociology, so people's responses to drama will fascinate me until I learn to predict them. But I'm still figuring out how to connect with others' interests.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1437 on: November 16, 2008, 11:17:32 AM »
No requirement. A perchance inspiration is far more satisfying.

This is why we continue attempting to exchange. We just don't know where to look, it seems.

Chasing the tail, trying to find the vertebrae that point to the skull?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1438 on: November 16, 2008, 03:36:42 PM »
You're reading things between the lines that neither I nor worldbuilder intend.

How do you know what worldbuilder intends?

Worldbuilder is missing things between the lines that are obvious to you.

Aye, and I expect the opposite to be true as well.

That said, my question here was more general. If I'm remembering right, you've said before that you want interesting conversations on Intensity. One of the ways I find interesting information is to go after the things I hate - that's one of the reasons I pick so many fights. And the drama provides fodder for my interest in sociology, so people's responses to drama will fascinate me until I learn to predict them. But I'm still figuring out how to connect with others' interests.

Yes, I've said that, and I still want those interesting conversations because generally speaking, they are good for this site. To some degree Intensity is about the banter and the cheap drama, but it is also about differing viewpoints, heated discussion, and intelligent conversation. It's all good for the site, IMHO.

I know you like to shit-stir, and it's often good for this place because it creates drama and sometimes the other bit.

Me, I'm all for drama and bad puns and the occasional serious commentary, because that's the kind of person I tend to be, but there's no reason that should be the case with everyone else. In the end, Intensity is still primarily about enabling the spazes, however we can make that happen.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1439 on: November 16, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »
How do you know what worldbuilder intends?

Cause I asked him, IRL.

Yes, I've said that (...) In the end, Intensity is still primarily about enabling the spazes, however we can make that happen.

Makes sense. No hard feelings.