Educational

Author Topic: odeon's ask away-thread  (Read 68890 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: odeon's ask away-thread
« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2007, 02:54:14 PM »
But in case you don't mean him, I'm doing OK. As of yesterday, I'm unemployed--again--but I'll live.

Ah, that explains why you were more
present. Good luck with it. It's sometimes
hard to get good money while not working.

He lives in Sweden. He'll probably be OK. We should have some benefits for living in this cowardly country with extreme anti-freedom laws.

We do have benefits, actually.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2007, 02:58:05 PM »
Yes, I don't have to starve, despite the fact that it more or less was the state that put me on disability and let me be bullied for several years. Great benefits.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2007, 03:06:09 PM »
But in case you don't mean him, I'm doing OK. As of yesterday, I'm unemployed--again--but I'll live.

Ah, that explains why you were more
present. Good luck with it. It's sometimes
hard to get good money while not working.

Thanks. I hope I'll get something to occupy myself with soon. Postwhoring was never enough for me.

Nor should it be.
Gods, I'm idiot for wasting yesterday.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2007, 03:09:09 PM »
Yes, I don't have to starve, despite the fact that it more or less was the state that put me on disability and let me be bullied for several years. Great benefits.

In quite a few countries, some of which have very liberal gun laws, the state would put you away or let you starve, or both. I'm aware of the shortcomings of this one but you do need to get some perspective.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #544 on: May 22, 2007, 03:25:53 PM »

In quite a few countries, some of which have very liberal gun laws, the state would put you away or let you starve, or both. I'm aware of the shortcomings of this one but you do need to get some perspective.

Yes, but in those states I could easily make my own justice and not be forced to be a helpless sheep. I'd die, but not as a coward.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #545 on: May 22, 2007, 03:28:53 PM »

Yes, but in those states I could easily make my own justice and not be forced to be a helpless sheep. I'd die, but not as a coward.

Someone willing to die trying to make their own
justice, won't be stopped by a simple gun law.

You're full of it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #546 on: May 22, 2007, 03:30:18 PM »

In many of those places, you'd disappear long before you had the chance to die in public.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #547 on: May 22, 2007, 03:30:50 PM »

In many of those places, you'd disappear long before you had the chance to die in public.

Damned alien abductions.

Litigious

« Reply #548 on: May 22, 2007, 03:39:59 PM »

Someone willing to die trying to make their own
justice, won't be stopped by a simple gun law.

You're full of it.

I can get a gun without obeying to this cowardly and insulting anti-freedom laws against guns we have here, but it's not quite easy, since I've been a law-abiding person most of my life. I've actually been offered to buy guns from people here on Intensity, but I found it unrealistic to get them through the customs. But there are other ways. That girl I posted pics of had a stun gun without a cowardly license. But she was an immigrant and not an ordinary cowardly Swede.

Litigious

« Reply #549 on: May 22, 2007, 03:41:40 PM »

In the US too? I think you might be thinking of some Arab countries that have no or extremely liberal gun laws.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #550 on: May 22, 2007, 04:13:35 PM »
I can get a gun without obeying to this cowardly and insulting anti-freedom laws against guns we have here, but it's not quite easy, since I've been a law-abiding person most of my life. I've actually been offered to buy guns from people here on Intensity, but I found it unrealistic to get them through the customs. But there are other ways. That girl I posted pics of had a stun gun without a cowardly license. But she was an immigrant and not an ordinary cowardly Swede.

All I'm saying is that if you really wanted
to fight, and were willing to die for these
beliefs, you'd manage to get what you need.
Doesn't make a damned bit of difference if
you're in Sweden.

The real danger is that of the ability of the
military to control the populace through superior
weaponry - and, you know what? That's the case
here in the US, as well. The gun laws here make it
VERY difficult for an insurrection. About as hard as
trying to do it with swords.

The technology that the military and the government
could bring to bear is likely to destroy any movement
before it has a chance of gaining popular support. The
actions dramatic enough to attract attention, are assured
to put one in jail.

Litigious

« Reply #551 on: May 22, 2007, 04:27:44 PM »

All I'm saying is that if you really wanted
to fight, and were willing to die for these
beliefs, you'd manage to get what you need.
Doesn't make a damned bit of difference if
you're in Sweden.

I don't have a death wish today, but I'd like to be prepared for the worst, and I don't give a damn about the law. The law is the lowest form of Gangsterism, as Dec put it. And on that I fully agree. I have made some attempts to get hold of illegal guns, but not full-hearted ones. It's quite easy if you know the right people, though. The thing is that the ones who sell illegal weapons here only do it to people whom they trust to 100%, which is fully understandable.

The real danger is that of the ability of the
military to control the populace through superior
weaponry - and, you know what? That's the case
here in the US, as well. The gun laws here make it
VERY difficult for an insurrection. About as hard as
trying to do it with swords.

The technology that the military and the government
could bring to bear is likely to destroy any movement
before it has a chance of gaining popular support. The
actions dramatic enough to attract attention, are assured
to put one in jail.

I know all that. It's a disgrace. No American should fear their government. The government, if abusing its power, should fear the people. I think that private citizens should have the right to have any kind of weaponry that the military has, including cannons, tanks and missiles. It may sound crazy, but I don't see that such weapons in civilian hands would be a greater threat to the US than the government having a "monopoly" on them.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #552 on: May 22, 2007, 04:42:44 PM »
I don't have a death wish today, but I'd like to be prepared for the worst, and I don't give a damn about the law. The law is the lowest form of Gangsterism, as Dec put it. And on that I fully agree. I have made some attempts to get hold of illegal guns, but not full-hearted ones. It's quite easy if you know the right people, though. The thing is that the ones who sell illegal weapons here only do it to people whom they trust to 100%, which is fully understandable.

And here we come to agreement again. The person who
is not desperate for a weapon, will have difficulty, as their
life is worth more - and they don't wish to risk their comfort.

I know all that. It's a disgrace. No American should fear their government. The government, if abusing its power, should fear the people. I think that private citizens should have the right to have any kind of weaponry that the military has, including cannons, tanks and missiles. It may sound crazy, but I don't see that such weapons in civilian hands would be a greater threat to the US than the government having a "monopoly" on them.

The problem is that weapons have gotten too
potent (and expensive). Having nukes available to
the public may SEEM a good idea for freedom, but
when it comes down to it, someone like you or I would
end up leveling a city, if we could get them.

Tanks aren't too big a deal, but military planes and
heavy artillery could be pretty damned devastating
as well. Without the full array of weapons available,
and the training (in formation) to use them, no rabble,
is going to be able to stand up to the military. Thus, the
days of the people, with some right to rebellion was actually
over more or less as soon as it began.

So, the question lies not where we'd like it - on the right to
revolt - but on the safety issue. And here, I don't agree that
the world is all that much safer with everyone packing. Though,
they'd probably be more polite, which might be worth it, in and
of itself.  :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #553 on: May 27, 2007, 11:53:59 AM »
odeon, how is the job hunting?
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #554 on: May 27, 2007, 05:30:16 PM »
odeon, how is the job hunting?

Slow and deliberate. :P Well, slow, at least.

- Albert Einstein