Educational

Author Topic: odeon's ask away-thread  (Read 68892 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: odeon's ask away-thread
« Reply #2235 on: December 29, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »
I know full well what you mean btw. Lynch mobs are nowhere near the same as arguing in the internet, but to a sensitive snowflake it certainly is. Typical Progressive regressive mentality you have there. Poor zegh tortured by words on a screen while you and mla constantly give each other penis high fives insulting Benjaminbreeg and pappy, you serial killers you!
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2236 on: December 29, 2016, 06:42:50 PM »
Sometimes viewing mob mentality as a non-participating observer is very interesting, but sometimes is also very interesting to be the mob.

:agreed:

Be the mob.  :thumbup:

:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2237 on: December 29, 2016, 06:48:47 PM »
Why is Al no longer an elder?  :orly:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2238 on: December 29, 2016, 06:49:43 PM »
Al, GTFO of my ask away thread. I won't allow you spreading your bs all over the board again.

Simply answering Py's question honestly. You couldn't, so I had to step up.

She didn't ask you.  :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2239 on: December 29, 2016, 07:33:02 PM »
I had the audacity to question both the motives and the methods behind Al's months-long bullying of a member who, as a result, is no longrer posting here. Al, in spite of what you may be led to believe, does not take kindly to criticism.

Is this really why you're feuding with Al? As far as I've seen (haven't read all the crap) this is the first either of you have mentioned it as a direct cause.

I was the one who said agree to disagree not him. And I stopped talking to Odeon. But when he made the bullying comment I pointed out the hypocrisy with himself and mla. Initially Benjamin said he had no hard feelings from the past.  He was able to make up with butterflies , but mla and Odeon continued to call him stupid, etc.  Zegh is not blameless even pmed Al, goading him to keep writing about him. He enjoys the attention initially then plays victim when things get too hot for him.

You'd be part of the mob if they still lynched people, DFG. Grow a fucking backbone.

Says the person who uses the admin panel to win an argument. I find it interesting you speak of lynching when your buttbuddy mla has that mentality.

::sigh::

You entirely missed my point, which is why you would be in that mob in the first place. Not enough brains to stand on your own.

"Bullying" and "lynch mobs"? Is THAT where you are trying to drive this narrative? You are trying now to pretend situations on I2 when one party is being mean and nasty to another, they are being bullies or that people collectively being incensed and attacking a member on here are a lynch mob? Moreover is there is one person already attacking a member's premise then another one similarly showing outrage, indignation, anger at what a person has said (or Hell even agreeing with the person originally attacking the member) is a risking being a lynch mob......on I2?

Okay, Alex Plank, let's look at every instance where YOU have been a party to more than one member's voices against another member. Hell, I will be happy to go back through I2 and my earliest recollections here in 2007 was you and Lucifer double-teaming all-comers. That was okay though right? But there are plenty more. The fact that DFG brings that up on your Odeon Butthurt thread had you lock it down speaks volumes.

But let's focus things back on me a second. Have I been on both sides? Yup. In fact, I remember a time not too long ago where it was You, Zegh and Butterflies against me and you know what? I don't care. I don't call that bullying. I have read the front page every time I log in. I know the score and so does everyone here.

Re-writing the cultural norms or history or a narrative will not work and think it will, is a slight against every member here because you are essentially telling people that what they have seen and read is at odds with the new narrative. You can play in your Admin Panel and censor as much as you like but it does not change history and nor what people have seen. You can lock threads, say "The conversations stops here" or silence people's voices that you disagree with, but that does not make you right, nor make your narrative believable or believed.

"Zegh was a victim that I bullied so much that he stopped posting".

"I bravely interceded into things because poor little Zegh was beset on all sides by mean old Al."

Nice Narrative.

This Zegh?

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,23207.msg1083709.html#msg1083709

How much does it bother you, on a scale from 1 to 10, that you are by now too old to develop any new personality traits, and that those you allready posess has given you a long, bothersome divorce, as well as an obsessive need to write block-of-text rants that people have trouble even understanding (You clearly use a flow-of-thought process, which is _extremely impulsive_)

You hate Feminism, because your wife fucked you over. Mystery solved. Loser

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,23194.msg1083601.html#msg1083601

You know what I meant, and you are still debating semantics.

And boo hoo, name calling, was that in contrary to the tradition and culture of I2 political debate?

"Extremely religious people that happen to be Conservative have similar views to extremely fundamental Muslims, no issue." basically what I said, but without those words: semantics.

How on EARTH did you become this obsessive? Was it your ex wife?
Either way, too late for you, old man. You're gonna die a pathetic shit

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,23228.msg1084486.html#msg1084486

One time I kept mis-reading a sentence in a game, so that the word "Pub" sounded like a person being refered to. Despite correcting myself each time, I begun to imagine that there was a person named Pub around, that I had to look for.

Then I thought.. Pub isn't such a bad name, like, short male name, Bob, Pub and Bill

It wasn't pot though was it? I am thinking really concentrated hash, and you were passing the joint around to Bob, Pub and Bill, to toke on....yet you were the only one there.
Sounds like quite the experience.

Are you gonna follow me around now? :D Go ahead, follow me around!

So... I take it you never tried weed, you have probably not even seen it. What's the matter, are you afraid of getting in trouble? Or did you simply never meet enough people to come across weed?
You're like 60 no? I mean, in all that time... not once? My bet is on scared. Scared of weed :D
Maybe if you touch it, the "concentrated hash" will seep through your skin, and give you hallucination-addictions! :o

No I just like the image. You in a cloud of smoke, eyes like slits and red as Hell, saying "Bob....Bill...Pub. Pub? Why is no-one called Pub? Hey Pub you take a drag and give it to Bill..."

I found the image funny. Its okay dude. Don't be offended. Carry on talking about Pub.

You remind me of those old people who try to refer to that "hippity-hop-music!"
Also, it's cute to see you use the same "tactics" as Buttplug, like the "you are upset, because I say you are" thing. Is this really the best you can do?

I have guessed that your idiotic mysogynistic obsessions come from your aspie inability to even keep a wife, and all you got is my weed-smoking, a habit that I actually enjoy?
I mean... you'd mock Tiger Woods for playing golf? You have absolutely nothing, and it's been like 2 weeks... and you're still trying too.

Suggestion! Make a call-out!

Yes Odeon, look at the dates. He went low and THEN so did I. I did not leave the forum or cry and I did not ask for help and nor did I receive any. But Zegh was no fucking victim. Zegh was NOT bullied and so please tell everyone here why you are lying to them and trying to re-write the history of what exactly occurred. Why do you think the members of I2 are stupid enough to fall for it?

Zegh even said in PM (As DFG points out)

Or a girl.

So, try to "hound" me off the site. Try. Try harder. Try all you can muster. Let me watch you try :]

Zegh was never the victim in this and only a fucking moron would imply that he was or that HE was being bullied. Why did YOU make that implication?

Zegh the self-proclaimed troll decided to get very nasty and personal and quite frankly bit off more than he could chew. He did not HAVE to. In the same way, YOU did not have to take his side and be partisan. He did and so did you. Bad choices that anyone with any brains could have told you was a bad decision. Unfortunately, you have a rather large blindspot in respect to taking responsibility for any damn thing you do or your various hypocrisies or even the volume of lies and misrepresentations you get called out on and so you are that guy who has to keep reinventing the truth to cover for the things previously exposed as false.

This is why you have been more censorious the last 6 months than in the last 5 years. It has a compounding effect. You are effectively digging a fresh hole for the dirt to fill a previous hole, again and again, and grinding your gears to try to find new inventive ways to re-paint your part in things. Yet all it takes is DFG to even suggest that the behaviour that you engaged in was exactly the behaviour you pretended to be against and you lock the thread.

Odeon you are fooling no one. My questions are why did you think you were and did you think I2 membership are that collectively stupid to believe these false narratives?

Edited for PSMELLE to see questions asked
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:42:42 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2240 on: December 29, 2016, 07:34:17 PM »
Al, GTFO of my ask away thread. I won't allow you spreading your bs all over the board again.

Simply answering Py's question honestly. You couldn't, so I had to step up.

She didn't ask you.  :zoinks:

:asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2241 on: December 30, 2016, 01:35:09 AM »
You are like a broken record, Al, repeating the same tired platitudes, half-truths and insults over and over and over again. Why do you think I locked that thread? It was that or the sinbin for you, and I had hoped you would take the message.

Clearly you didn't.

You're saying that I've moderated I2 more during the last six months than the last, what?, five years? Actually I haven't, but your perception--your opinion of me, basically--has changed. As a result, your entire narrative is flawed. You hate my guts now, so I am Alex Plank now.

Here's the thing, though: you are the one hurting the board now, not me. You take every opportunity to deliver yet another underhanded comment, and you move your broken record here rather than stopping and moving on. If anything, I think I'm showing great restraint for not sinbinning you again. But if it comes to that or the board, guess what I'm going to choose?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2242 on: December 30, 2016, 03:18:47 AM »
You are like a broken record, Al, repeating the same tired platitudes, half-truths and insults over and over and over again.

Sounds to me like I am able to show a level of consistency and evidence it with what has been said on here in the past. Whereas you have struggled to do the same. "broken record' sounds fine to me.

Why do you think I locked that thread?

It's clear to everyone why you locked the thread. You locked it directly after a post NOT from me but from DFG who pointed out your own hypocrisy in doing what you condemned in me. You are not good at introspection or taking responsibility. You did not like the torch shined on you.

It was that or the sinbin for you, and I had hoped you would take the message.

The message I suppose, being that having no luck in insulting me, lying about me, misrepresenting my positions, siding against me, modding me, sinbinning me, changing my profile, making threats and ultimatums.....that further threats of further censorship for not kowtowing to you and your shit behaviour, would "induce me" to capitulate? I mean that would seem the likely reading and so I have to question your sanity here. When did that EVER make sense to you?

Clearly you didn't.

Clearly I did not feel overly induced by your shitty treatment to give you any kind of respect, indulgence, gratitude, time of day, and such. Yes THAT would be a reasonable conclusion and if you believed anything other, then you are a complete idiot. I am happy for you to confess to either appraisal.

You're saying that I've moderated I2 more during the last six months than the last, what? five years? Actually, I haven't, but your perception--your opinion of me, basically--has changed. As a result, your entire narrative is flawed. You hate my guts now, so I am Alex Plank now.

Yup, that is exactly what I am saying. In comparable terms and given the level of activity and number of members the amount of censorship and moderation is hardly comparable. Moderation creep is something that only you can reign yourself back from. it has been noticed and not just by me. The things that were moderation worthy 5 years ago are still moderation worthy but things in much more recent times have been moderated that never were before. New undefined infractions not found in any terms of service nor spelt out anywhere. The locking of threads and modding as a way of the Admin having the last word on a discussion and now you are even trying to re-invent the narrative and misrepresent history in ways that can be disproven if anyone cares to look.

Yes, I am absolutely saying that you are censoring and moderating more than you normally would. I imagine that the first time you lie or over-censor or misrepresent, it is difficult to bring yourself to it, but after that, it gets easier and happens more quickly and with less need and so on. Only you can reign yourself back in from your behaviour.

As to, "hating your guts", don't be overly dramatic. I do not "hate your guts". I don't respect you though, and happy to call out your bullshit.

Here's the thing, though: you are the one hurting the board now, not me. You take every opportunity to deliver yet another underhanded comment, and you move your broken record here rather than stopping and moving on. If anything, I think I'm showing great restraint for not sinbinning you again. But if it comes to that or the board, guess what I'm going to choose?

Oh, this is very rich. Look at you go. Stop trying to re-write history, Jackass.

* You decided to ignore all of Zegh's personal lowblows at me and nastiness but chose to insult me and chose Zegh's side, do you think this was a good choice or a bad choice?
* Do you think your choice to dismiss the suggestion that you was choosing a side of one member over another, only to basically admit to it 9 months later, was a good choice or a bad choice?
* Do you think after months of struggling to define your actual position (apart from what now looks like you just being mad and fed up and not actually having an argument as such) and yet alternatively reclarifying yourself, dropping premises, redefining definitions of words you used to be suggestive of some abstract position you could not be pinned on and generally misrepresenting and lying about positions, that not just admitting your real motive, was a good choice or a bad choice?
* Do you think you calling me a bigot was a good choice or a bad choice?
* Do you think that an intelligent person would expect that you doing so would not be taken positively by me or do you think an intelligent person would believe I would accept the insult happily?
* Do you think that it was a good idea to put the mod on me for arguing with you, or do you think that was a bad decision?
* Do you believe that an intelligent person would believe I would appreciate this or not?
* Do you believe that making unqualified and unquantified ultimatums about Peaguy (What are we ACTUALLY allowed to say or reference and what is the specific rule this breaks and what is the punishment and where can we reference all of this?) is a good choice or not?
* Do you believe recently fucking with me with the mod again (and then denying it), was a good choice or a bad choice?
* Do you believe an intelligent person would imagine that this would make me more inclined to believe you and trust you or less?
* Do you believe that sinbinning me recently and changing my avatar, Aspie Elite title and such was a good choice or a bad choice?
* Do you believe an intelligent person would believe that doing this would make me more inclined to be respectful, trusting, kind and courteous of him or less?
* Do you believe your efforts now, trying to re-write the narrative (despite history pointing the fact that the narrative is dishonest) is a good choice or a bad choice?

But in your imaginary world you have been restrained and "I" have been hurting the board. Get your fucking head straight. I have been a member getting along fine. I have been the same combative grumpy old sod I have been for the last 9 years only this last 12 months you have made a series of very bad decisions that have made a very bad situation worse. Your way of rectifying things is to
A) Tell me to drop it (No, go fuck yourself).
B) Double down and take no responsibility for the continual bad decisions you make to exacerbate things.

You have been driving this bus and with 12 or so active members you are warring with one, have ramped up your level of censorship, are now spreading propaganda to the remaining members over things they can check to confirm your misrepresentations and you have your foot flat on the accelerator with the cliff edge looming.

The only reason we are here and that this has gone so very badly is that your ability to manage this forum in the last 12 months has been subpar. You have not managed your members, your emotions, your consistency, your censorship level and transparency.

Hell, do you even see people speaking about Peaguy in code phrases or prefacing everything they say about him with a disclaimer because they fear repercussions and do not know where the line is or what is punishable by what and what will upset you in respect to talk of or about him? No one fucking knows because you are vague about this. Are we allowed to say his name? Are we allowed to reminisce about some good things or mention him generally, talk about something important recently like his mother being operated on for Cancer and given a clean bill of health? Is it just not relaying messages or Youtube? I don't know and no one here does. We just know the threat of censorship is real. That is a bad start for open and free speech. Nor even for this imagined pub setting you have in your mind.

"There are no boundaries here over what may be said, save for one rule - be prepared to back up your words."

..............Except if it upsets Odeon in some way and then you may be banned or modded or sinbinned or your threads locked and we are not sure what those specific trigger words are nor the boundaries around them. He in return can and will say what he likes and sees it as a perk of being an Admin.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:41:45 PM by Al Swearengen »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2243 on: December 30, 2016, 06:07:52 AM »
Why do three of the posts on the first page show an edit stamp ten years after the fact? Two of the three were quoted and they don't appear to have been changed at all.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2244 on: December 30, 2016, 06:27:27 AM »
Why do you think I locked that thread? It was that or the sinbin for you,
These aren't the only options.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2245 on: December 30, 2016, 11:03:04 AM »
Why do three of the posts on the first page show an edit stamp ten years after the fact? Two of the three were quoted and they don't appear to have been changed at all.

No idea.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2246 on: December 30, 2016, 11:03:36 AM »

I could ban him, too. :M

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2247 on: December 30, 2016, 11:15:49 AM »

I could ban him, too. :M

You will. That is your end play. Why did you get me out of the sinbin then? For show. The last magnanimous gesture before you ban me. A "See, I was so nice to him and even gave him a last chance and he squandered it" kind of deal.

But you were not so nice, this was not a one-sided deal. There was plenty of crap on both sides. You just don't own yours. The fact that you have "better tools" simply means that the playing field is skewed to your favour. You were not trying to resolve things, you were just trying to shut me up.

That is because in your arrogance you still denounce any thought of having done anything wrong at all, and point to me as having been the cause of everything. It's pretty transparent. Pretty weak too. I'm far from the only one who sees it. How can we have been at it so long and yet the only side with any responsibility is mine?

The truth, of course, is much less dramatic. You started shit and I retaliated. You wanted me to stop and I would not. You tried to stop me by insulting me, censoring/moderating me, giving me threats and ultimatums and I was not interested. But don't kid yourself, whilst I was no innocent in this, you were both the cause of our feud and exacerbated it every step of the way.

There is not enough in this story to have either of us as the innocent, the victim nor the good guy.

Edit: Called it! (and YES Sinbin is banning without banning. A soft ban. Good old censorship to start the New Year. Does Odeon have the bottle for I2, as per the front page mission statement? Is he punishing people who do?)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:38:57 PM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2248 on: December 30, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »
I *did* give you a chance and it's not too late yet. Get over yourself and move on.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2249 on: December 30, 2016, 11:36:00 AM »
I *did* give you a chance and it's not too late yet. Get over yourself and move on.

No. You take some responsibility and stop casting everything at my feet and misrepresenting everything.

Only an idiot would imagine having insulted, censored and moderated me and misrepresented and lied about and to me, that now ultimatums will win me over. Are you that big an idiot? Yes or no. It's a simple question.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:36:59 PM by Al Swearengen »