Educational

Author Topic: odeon's ask away-thread  (Read 68909 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: odeon's ask away-thread
« Reply #2220 on: December 29, 2016, 12:26:05 AM »
I had the audacity to question both the motives and the methods behind Al's months-long bullying of a member who, as a result, is no longer posting here. Al, in spite of what you may be led to believe, does not take kindly to criticism.

Is this really why you're feuding with Al? As far as I've seen (haven't read all the crap) this is the first either of you have mentioned it as a direct cause.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2221 on: December 29, 2016, 01:02:19 AM »
I had the audacity to question both the motives and the methods behind Al's months-long bullying of a member who, as a result, is no longer posting here. Al, in spite of what you may be led to believe, does not take kindly to criticism.

Is this really why you're feuding with Al? As far as I've seen (haven't read all the crap) this is the first either of you have mentioned it as a direct cause.

I'd say that the last sentence is key. As Zegh pointed out at the time, Al had a real problem with accepting that my opinions differed from his. It's why he, early on, could not agree to disagree.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2222 on: December 29, 2016, 01:18:31 AM »

Funny thing about that.
Many months ago I did exactly that. I framed it as Odeon picking a side.

The expression "Get a life" is not a literal definition and nor does it require a deeper examination. People when they use it, use it to denounce the object of their derision and are signalling their displeasure at that person's actions.

The expression "Full of shit" is not a literal definition and nor does it require the person requiring a deeper insight into everything someone says. It could be based off one conversation or an impression or a series of actions. It DOES NOT require you have heard or read everything someone says NOR that you are studying them (ie If you watch a couple of interviews with Glenn Beck, you would certainly be in good company saying he is full of shit. There would not be an expectation to watch and read everything he says for the next six months. Nor would you be intellectually dishonest if you proclaimed this after not having watched or read him for 6 month. Only an absolute idiot would argue that point). People use that when they use it, use it to denounce the value of the object of their derision and they are signalling their displeasure at that person.

This all comes back to where I was a few months ago with you. I have a nose for bullshit, Odeon.
There is something bigger here. It never smelled right. This is why I have pursued it as I have. It is not personal, nor upsetting per se. It all seems terribly beneath you intellectually and so I think the reason for you doubling down and denying is something else.

• Your original claims were NOT JUST about me being intellectually dishonest but of being dishonest as well and of pretending, assuming things, and so on. You since dropped this claims or merged them into your greater claim
  • You raised some point about something I said about Butterflies ("ganging up")and when I addressed it, you tried the crazy argument technique of questioning ME raising it (points for originality)
  • You posted the definition of Intellectual Dishonesty as though I needed that explanation to know what the term meant. In fact I answered every aspect of the term, to show it wanting (something that unto itself, would run against the grain of "transparency" for intellectual dishonesty)
  • You then kept repeating variations of the Mantra "You did not read Zegh, so you can't know for sure, he is full of shit, therefore you are intellectually dishonest". Then admonishing me when I had the temerity to question why this alone makes a case for intellectual dishonesty
  • You tried a new tact and said that I was tiptoeing around DFG. This was an even weaker claim and you soon dropped it
  • Changing tact you suggested I was not Intellectually dishonest afterall and it was a blindspot I had. That premise went nowhere and you gravitated back to the Intellectually dishonest premise again.
  • I then showed a few instances of YOU using the term. Once with Calandale - to whom you could NOT have read everything he said for 6 months either (and so could not have been absolutely sure he was "full of shit" .... as if that was ever an argument worth making) and secondly I showed you casting such sentiments to Dr Bitch to something she said in one of her 18 posts, after having joined the day before. You did not (chose not to?) see the similarity of what you were doing and what you accused me of doing
  • You then tried to reference Zegh as a reference point to support your claims (I just can't tell you how bizarre this is). Not only have I stopped reading him (because he is full of shit) but referencing him after suggesting that I was wrong about my suggestions you were "sticking up for him", you now try to use him as a reference point to your arguments of my feuding with him. No bias?
  • Now I find you telling me to "get a life" and point out the examination of such a generalised insult is stupid and disingenuous AND more importantly, very similar in nature to saying someone is "full of shit". You agreed that get a life was a "mere expression". You have yet to see the hypocrisy.

What all the above tells me is that this line of premise is crap and always was. You likely were not expecting to get challenged, or in the way that I have. You were not expecting or wanting to give ground. You doubled down on what you knew was really weak. You did this for a reason that had NOTHING to do with me being Intellectually Dishonest and I don't think you actually even believed it.

I could be wrong. It does happen. But now trying to sell me on the fact that Zegh now says this or that to support you, is like me trying to evidence you being wrong by referencing something Sol says against you. Yes it is THAT stupid and disingenuous AND that not like you.

You have to have a good reason to act the way you have, and to have done so from the outset. I think it was simply that you were starting to get sick and tired of Zegh and I feuding, me not reading Zegh, spamming Ninja Cats and you were wanting it to stop. You possibly thought that to shame my methods of posting and accuse me of being dishonest, assuming things, being intellectually dishonest, pretending, being intellectually lazy, tiptoeing and use dramatic phrases no matter the consequences. Maybe you thought I would get too distracted or maybe embarrassed or maybe that once pointed out, the rest of the board would join in and I would feel obliged to self-censor. The problem is that it did not work and you have distanced yourself now from everything but the "intellectually dishonest"claim. That claim is looking from where I sit, pretty petty and hypocritical, considering how you use not only other similar general insults and derision BUT also how you use the term itself. I think you wanted to side with Zegh without appearing partisan. Too late for that now.

I honestly believe that this is the case and after having doubled down and given some ground you do not wish to admit what seems transparent to me. I would not have had much of an issue if you had not have just said, "You know, you weren't being intellectually dishonest BUT you were pissing me off and others in I2 were not liking it either. I do blame your part in things more than Zegh and I was just wanting you to stop and hoped by saying something, anything, that you would just drop it." That would seem quite fair. Hell, I may have even considered dropping things with Zegh. No you doubled down again and again after being called on it. So I too will double down with you and with Zegh.

Terrible shame, Odeon. I expected better.

He denounced it for all he was worth. It was clear to me he was focussed exclusively on me, but no, the mere suggestion he was taking a side was so unreasonable. He has other reason aside from that and it was not related.
His efforts then to examine and clarify these positions was a failure of stupendous proportions. Retracting some aspects, redefining definitions, reclarifying positions....

its because the whole thing was bullshit. Odeon lied. Odeon for all his gaslighting WAS picking a side and had no position he believed in. As Cleocatra mentioned rather well tbe type of combative feuding Zegh and I partook against EACH other is no different to the conduct he and others partake in, yet framed it now as me bullying.

I find this re-writing of the narrative really pathetic.

Careful though Pyraxis. He will probably go in with "this conversation stops here" and/or lock the thread. Moderation creep is real. Think how much moderation has taken place in the last 6 months. I think it was more than the previous 5 years.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:16:18 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2223 on: December 29, 2016, 01:22:04 AM »

I'd say that the last sentence is key. As Zegh pointed out at the time, Al had a real problem with accepting that my opinions differed from his. It's why he, early on, could not agree to disagree.

Nice spin, jackass.

My question is why you lied as referenced in my post above?

Also why are you trying to re-write the narrative now? No one is that stupid to believe your re-write of history, why are you acting like they are?

Edited for PSMELLE to see questions asked
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:43:33 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2224 on: December 29, 2016, 09:20:24 AM »
Al, GTFO of my ask away thread. I won't allow you spreading your bs all over the board again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2225 on: December 29, 2016, 10:08:07 AM »
Al, GTFO of my ask away thread. I won't allow you spreading your bs all over the board again.

Simply answering Py's question honestly. You couldn't, so I had to step up.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2226 on: December 29, 2016, 11:02:09 AM »
I had the audacity to question both the motives and the methods behind Al's months-long bullying of a member who, as a result, is no longrer posting here. Al, in spite of what you may be led to believe, does not take kindly to criticism.

I was the one who said agree to disagree not him. And I stopped talking to Odeon. But when he made the bullying comment I pointed out the hypocrisy with himself and mla. Initially Benjamin said he had no hard feelings from the past.  He was able to make up with butterflies , but mla and Odeon continued to call him stupid, etc.  Zegh is not blameless even pmed Al, goading him to keep writing about him. He enjoys the attention initially then plays victim when things get too hot for him.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:53:23 PM by Cleocatra »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #2227 on: December 29, 2016, 03:06:28 PM »
I wonder if it's time to go Atomic Psycho??   :chin:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2228 on: December 29, 2016, 04:37:43 PM »
I wonder if it's time to go Atomic Psycho??   :chin:
What does that mean?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2229 on: December 29, 2016, 05:44:05 PM »
I had the audacity to question both the motives and the methods behind Al's months-long bullying of a member who, as a result, is no longrer posting here. Al, in spite of what you may be led to believe, does not take kindly to criticism.

I was the one who said agree to disagree not him. And I stopped talking to Odeon. But when he made the bullying comment I pointed out the hypocrisy with himself and mla. Initially Benjamin said he had no hard feelings from the past.  He was able to make up with butterflies , but mla and Odeon continued to call him stupid, etc.  Zegh is not blameless even pmed Al, goading him to keep writing about him. He enjoys the attention initially then plays victim when things get too hot for him.

You'd be part of the mob if they still lynched people, DFG. Grow a fucking backbone.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2230 on: December 29, 2016, 05:48:11 PM »
Sometimes viewing mob mentality as a non-participating observer is very interesting, but sometimes is also very interesting to be the mob.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2231 on: December 29, 2016, 05:51:49 PM »

Simply answering Py's question honestly. You couldn't, so I had to step up.

You wouldn't know honesty if it bit you in the ass. Which, I expect, will happen a some point.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2232 on: December 29, 2016, 05:52:31 PM »

You'd be part of the mob if they still lynched people, DFG. Grow a fucking backbone.

Says the person who uses the admin panel to win an argument. I find it interesting you speak of lynching when your buttbuddy mla has that mentality.

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2233 on: December 29, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »

Says the person who uses the admin panel to win an argument. I find it interesting you speak of lynching when your buttbuddy mla has that mentality.

::sigh::

You entirely missed my point, which is why you would be in that mob in the first place. Not enough brains to stand on your own.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2234 on: December 29, 2016, 06:01:07 PM »

::sigh::

You entirely missed my point, which is why you would be in that mob in the first place. Not enough brains to stand on your own.

Absolutely right! No one understands your brilliance. Everyone you don't like is stupid. Totally! ;)