Educational

Author Topic: Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion  (Read 5377 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Things that a lone man can't do without arousing suspicion
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2007, 11:14:34 AM »
The way things are in some places, many fathers are afraid to hug their children in public for fear of being accused of molesting them. It's insane. What, with all the pointless lawsuits and paranoia. Legislation needs to be put in place to protect people from false accusations, yet protect children at the same time.

I'm still waiting for women who give false rape accusations to be publicly identified and sent to prison.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2007, 11:16:25 AM »
The way things are in some places, many fathers are afraid to hug their children in public for fear of being accused of molesting them. It's insane. What, with all the pointless lawsuits and paranoia. Legislation needs to be put in place to protect people from false accusations, yet protect children at the same time.

I'm still waiting for women who give false rape accusations to be publicly identified and sent to prison.
And for drunken consent?

Offline AlCapone

• Part of the Chaos
  • The Clown is You.
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2007, 11:20:51 AM »

And for drunken consent?

If you're drunk enough, your inhibitions go out of the window. It's your fault for getting drunk in the first place. If both people are drunk, then neither can be blamed, really. But sober people should know better than to take advantage of drunks.
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2007, 11:36:15 AM »
I think that just in general once people have children, they think it gives them a license to suspect anyone of anything if they feel like it. I remember sometimes when I used to walk my border collie and there was a family coming the opposite way they'd cross to the other side of the street or something - as if my border collie is going to maul them.
!!Super atomic enema!!

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2007, 11:52:42 AM »

And for drunken consent?

If you're drunk enough, your inhibitions go out of the window. It's your fault for getting drunk in the first place. If both people are drunk, then neither can be blamed, really. But sober people should know better than to take advantage of drunks.

My issue is I could be pissed, and lured into a rape accusation. The law is way too far in favour of women, it seems.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2007, 12:44:22 PM »
i always wonder about people crossing the street when they see a black man or whatever, don't think it's really weird to cross the street all of a sudden? i'd be too mortified to cross the street if i saw someone i was afraid of. i'm more afraid of acting weird in public. i know it's sick.

Hardon just try being a rape victim and proving it. they put the women on trial and make them prove the rape and go through it in detail. it's not an easy thing to go through.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2007, 12:48:55 PM »
1. i always wonder about people crossing the street when they see a black man or whatever, don't think it's really weird to cross the street all of a sudden? i'd be too mortified to cross the street if i saw someone i was afraid of. i'm more afraid of acting weird in public. i know it's sick.

2. Hardon just try being a rape victim and proving it. they put the women on trial and make them prove the rape and go through it in detail. it's not an easy thing to go through.
1. They do it intentionally, I have heard enough NT conversations to that effect over the years.
2. How about you try being someone who is falsely accused of rape. Equally as nasty. It seems we have a scenario where women are scared of men because they think they can rape them, and men are cautious of women because they know they can be accused of raping them.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2007, 02:01:21 PM »
I think that just in general once people have children, they think it gives them a license to suspect anyone of anything if they feel like it. I remember sometimes when I used to walk my border collie and there was a family coming the opposite way they'd cross to the other side of the street or something - as if my border collie is going to maul them.

The danger is very real. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and have had many wonderful dogs as pets. I am also quite talented at training them, but there is always the possibility that a dog may react badly to a stranger, if it feels threatened. Children who are not aware of a certain dog's demeanor will often make mistakes which could make the dog feel trapped. Braindead parents who allow their kids to walk up on a strange dog are being irresponsible.

Most of the problems are caused by the kids, themselves, though. My kids have been taught how to approach a dog and "introduce" themselves, but they still get stimmed out by them. I usually cross the street, too, but it is mainly because my kids get severely overstimulated by big dogs and the dogs sense this. It is not fair to the kids or the dogs to force them into stress.

I have seen what happens when a dog bites a child, more than once. A dog can quickly produce gruesome injuries to a small arm or leg. One of my favorite dogs had to be put to sleep, because it bit a child. It was a very bad day for me, but he did bite the kid and a rabies test was ordered by the court, that same day. It happened to be a kid who had taunted my dog through a fence for weeks, but that did not matter. I trusted that dog more than I trusted any human, but he defended himself and was destroyed for it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »
One of my favorite dogs had to be put to sleep, because it bit a child. It was a very bad day for me, but he did bite the kid and a rabies test was ordered by the court, that same day. It happened to be a kid who had taunted my dog through a fence for weeks, but that did not matter. I trusted that dog more than I trusted any human, but he defended himself and was destroyed for it.

Nothing to say except  :grrr: .
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2007, 02:23:02 PM »

The danger is very real. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and have had many wonderful dogs as pets. I am also quite talented at training them, but there is always the possibility that a dog may react badly to a stranger, if it feels threatened. Children who are not aware of a certain dog's demeanor will often make mistakes which could make the dog feel trapped. Braindead parents who allow their kids to walk up on a strange dog are being irresponsible.

Most of the problems are caused by the kids, themselves, though. My kids have been taught how to approach a dog and "introduce" themselves, but they still get stimmed out by them. I usually cross the street, too, but it is mainly because my kids get severely overstimulated by big dogs and the dogs sense this. It is not fair to the kids or the dogs to force them into stress.

I have seen what happens when a dog bites a child, more than once. A dog can quickly produce gruesome injuries to a small arm or leg. One of my favorite dogs had to be put to sleep, because it bit a child. It was a very bad day for me, but he did bite the kid and a rabies test was ordered by the court, that same day. It happened to be a kid who had taunted my dog through a fence for weeks, but that did not matter. I trusted that dog more than I trusted any human, but he defended himself and was destroyed for it.
You should have let the dog finish off that kid, I suspect he will grow into right scum.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2007, 02:28:16 PM »
One of my favorite dogs had to be put to sleep, because it bit a child. It was a very bad day for me, but he did bite the kid and a rabies test was ordered by the court, that same day. It happened to be a kid who had taunted my dog through a fence for weeks, but that did not matter. I trusted that dog more than I trusted any human, but he defended himself and was destroyed for it.

Nothing to say except  :grrr: .
:'( was first.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2007, 02:46:45 PM »
That too, then.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2007, 12:01:03 AM »
This town is great. I was dancing with some
little girl (4 or 5 yrs old) and there was
just no problem at all. Her mother seemed
happy as a clam about it.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2007, 01:20:47 PM »
Today was the first day of school and I am the one in charge of bringing and picking up my daughter who is in the forth grade.  You can add this to things guys can't do alone  without arousing suspicion  I got the looks today.  Sure there were other guys there but they got them too I am tired of this.   I have been bringing her since she was in kindergarten and it's always been like this. >:(

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »
Today was the first day of school and I am the one in charge of bringing and picking up my daughter who is in the forth grade.  You can add this to things guys can't do alone  without arousing suspicion  I got the looks today.  Sure there were other guys there but they got them too I am tired of this.   I have been bringing her since she was in kindergarten and it's always been like this. >:(

I used to get them, too, before they discovered I was actually just a crazy, overprotective momma bear in a grandpa suit.

Do you look more like her grandfather, too. I used to think that added to the weird stares, but maybe it just adds to the overall suspicion.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:54:51 PM by MarkingDawg »