Author Topic: GreenBlue  (Read 9000 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: GreenBlue
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2007, 06:14:41 AM »
nice attenpt at side-slipping, and it would've worked, only i have a brain.  ::)

yes, it is anecdotal.  but which would you say was nearer the reality - your conversations with a handful of teachers from one or two schools in an area, at one given point in time, or mine, with hundreds (if not thousands) of teachers from across the country, over twenty years, hmmm?

Oh, apparently, you have collected too much data to collate properly. Save yourself the bother. Use smaller samples then project results along a vector.

:laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2007, 06:17:26 AM »
:laugh:

never did like vectors, much.  i'm far more into algebra and number theory.  ;)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2007, 06:26:28 AM »
my experience is from across the country, and across both urban and rural schools, actually.

so, can you stop arguing inanely (and ignorantly) about education and maths, at least, now, as there are obviously people (me, kosmo and callaway, and probably cal, respectively) who actually have a clue what they're talking about?
For now I will have to take a step back. But I assure you I am in the education system, so do understand it, albeit from the other side. Maybe we just have different perspectives on the matter?

Soph

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2007, 06:30:15 AM »
nonsense.  i got a place there, and my dad was as working class as they come.  ::)
And your fellow students? Asides, I am talking about more modern times, back when you applied, getting 3 A's would have got you in. Now it is meaningless, in fact 5 A's doesnt.
There is plenty of dodgy stuff going off with the allocation of places at Oxford, and you know it.
Sure it wasn't just that you weren't good enough?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2007, 06:36:38 AM »
nonsense.  i got a place there, and my dad was as working class as they come.  ::)
And your fellow students? Asides, I am talking about more modern times, back when you applied, getting 3 A's would have got you in. Now it is meaningless, in fact 5 A's doesnt.
There is plenty of dodgy stuff going off with the allocation of places at Oxford, and you know it.
I doubt it. All my other universities that applied to seem to want me. The evidence is out there about Oxford processes, it doesnt take long to find. Especially the fact that over 50% of its students come from private schools.

The_P

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2007, 07:01:19 AM »
They don't understand you. They cannot realise your power! Hahahahahahaaa!!!

Once your jelly baby army has been created, the world will be yours -- Oxford, Glasgow, all the universities in the world! Hahahahahahaha!

Yep.

The_P

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2007, 07:06:01 AM »
I'm moving to Ireland after I've finished unii.

And, while I'm here, Hardon - you're a fucking cunt.

Good moment to pop your cherry, then, lezzer.

Tongues wagging for it!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 07:13:12 AM by Yoghourt Top »

Kosmonaut

« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2007, 08:45:07 AM »
Is going to Oxford like going to Harvard in the US?  Really only important in name?
If you went to Oxford or Cambridge then it will get you a job interview irrelevant of what the rest of your CV looks like ( in design or content.)

Kosmonaut

« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2007, 08:47:57 AM »
I doubt it.
I don't. The fact that you went to wiki to solve a geometric equation is a bit of a give away.
Oxford material wouldn't do that.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »
I doubt it.
I don't. The fact that you went to wiki to solve a geometric equation is a bit of a give away.
I went to wiki to find a formula out, to save me typing it out into format. I could have done it on the spot anyway.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »
I doubt it.
I went to wiki to find a formula out, to save me typing it out into format. I could have done it on the spot anyway.
Also, you got it wrong.  :lol:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »
I doubt it.

:plus:

(Even though karma doesn't work for you.)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »
I doubt it.
No I copied the wrong formula across, as i didnt check it properly. Its what happens when you use the net drunk.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2007, 10:18:14 AM »
i wouldn't know i don't go on the net unless i am sober.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2007, 12:27:44 PM »
i wouldn't know i don't go on the net unless i am sober.
That explains it then.