Author Topic: GreenBlue  (Read 9058 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: GreenBlue
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2007, 03:48:27 AM »
not as far as i'm aware, there isn't.  hadron, you didn't get in, and you're bitter about it, as i would be too, i imagine.  just accept it gracefully and move on - life's too short to carry all that poison and spite around with you for any amount of time.  you're using up energy which could be put to good use elsewhere.

anyway, durham's one of the top universities, on the "next tier down".  you should be pleased you have a place there.  (i am right in thinking that's where you're going, aren't i?)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2007, 03:53:05 AM »
not as far as i'm aware, there isn't.  Hardon, you didn't get in, and you're bitter about it, as i would be too, i imagine.  just accept it gracefully and move on - life's too short to carry all that poison and spite around with you for any amount of time.  you're using up energy which could be put to good use elsewhere.

anyway, durham's one of the top universities, on the "next tier down".  you should be pleased you have a place there.  (i am right in thinking that's where you're going, aren't i?)
I will find out if I get in there in 3 days time, assuming Edexcel and AQA manage to mark the papers properly (the setting of this years exams was dire). I might send off a sly email today to see if i can find out earlier if I got in. Out of intrest, do you have Edexcel online access, there is a section with the physics and GS MS's I would like to nab, but you would only be able to get them if the school you teach at does them?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2007, 03:55:43 AM »
not as far as i'm aware, there isn't.  Hardon, you didn't get in, and you're bitter about it, as i would be too, i imagine.  just accept it gracefully and move on - life's too short to carry all that poison and spite around with you for any amount of time.  you're using up energy which could be put to good use elsewhere.

durham is full of oxbridge wannabes.
I can't think of a worse uni to go, but hardon will probably fit in there - he can bitch about how he failed to get in oxford.  :lol:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2007, 03:56:25 AM »
you won't get any early information - we have emails stating that any queries to try and get early exam results are to be refused.  don't waste your time.

i don't mark with edexcel, and i don't teach science anymore.  and i wouldn't pass on information like that anyway, cos it would be a breach of professional ethics, which, surprisingly, i'm hot on.

but do let us know your results, won't you?  i'd say "good luck", but it's pretty pointless now, lol.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2007, 03:57:11 AM »

I can't think of a worse uni to go, but hardon will probably fit in there - he can bitch about how he failed to get in oxford.  :lol:

:laugh:

well, yes, but i was trying to be nice, so he didn't feel so bad about it.  ;)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2007, 03:58:29 AM »

The way your old chancellor at Oxford is going, i bet half the colleges will have worse tuition than Durham. Anyway Durham is still rising I hope.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2007, 03:59:40 AM »

The way your old chancellor at Oxford is going, i bet half the colleges will have worse tuition than Durham. Anyway Durham is still rising I hope.
i couldn't give a fuck.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2007, 04:00:23 AM »
:laugh:

kosmo, i think i love you.  ;D

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2007, 04:03:10 AM »
you won't get any early information - we have emails stating that any queries to try and get early exam results are to be refused.  don't waste your time.

i don't mark with edexcel, and i don't teach science anymore.  and i wouldn't pass on information like that anyway, cos it would be a breach of professional ethics, which, surprisingly, i'm hot on.

but do let us know your results, won't you?  i'd say "good luck", but it's pretty pointless now, lol.
Some unis are letting it go it seems, via "confirmation emails". Anyway I have good reason to send another email, and anyway i dont want my results off him, just to know whether I got in or not. As for proffesional ethics in the teaching profession, i thought they were ignored these days most of the time, given some of the goings off at my school and elsewhere.
If I get online Thursday I will let you know, but its more likely to be friday.
And Kosmo, you will care if Oxford reputation drops next time you want a job.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2007, 04:06:24 AM »
you're completely wrong abut professional ethics in the teaching profession, right the way through from primary to higher ed.  but then i'm not surprised, as there are a lot of things you don't know about, but comment on anyway.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2007, 04:09:04 AM »

Some unis are letting it go it seems, via "confirmation emails". Anyway I have good reason to send another email, and anyway i dont want my results off him, just to know whether I got in or not. As for proffesional ethics in the teaching profession, i thought they were ignored these days most of the time, given some of the goings off at my school and elsewhere.
If i ever need a job, then Oxford's reputation will be the least of my worries.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2007, 04:10:21 AM »
you're completely wrong abut professional ethics in the teaching profession, right the way through from primary to higher ed.  but then i'm not surprised, as there are a lot of things you don't know about, but comment on anyway.
I know enough about what went on in my school, the local paper had some stuff in it, and the rest I learned through certain teachers telling me. There are some who adhere to the ethics, but many who do not.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2007, 04:11:50 AM »

Unless it fell dramatically. I thought you had a job anyway, or you implied it when we were talking in that Suspension of Fuckwittery thing.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2007, 04:20:02 AM »
I know enough about what went on in my school, the local paper had some stuff in it, and the rest I learned through certain teachers telling me. There are some who adhere to the ethics, but many who do not.

you're talking bollocks, as usual.  although, obviously, one HAS to believe everything in the local paper.  ::)

i've been teaching for 20 years, so i suspect i might know just a tad more than you about teachers and their professional ethics, hmm?

Kosmonaut

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2007, 04:21:13 AM »

Unless it fell dramatically. I thought you had a job anyway, or you implied it when we were talking in that Suspension of Fuckwittery thing.
My 'area of special interest' is gambling. Ive not 'worked' for over five years.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:32:44 AM by Kosmonaut »