Educational

Author Topic: Isn't it funny  (Read 467 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Isn't it funny
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:37:59 PM »
I'm obsessed with Spokane and miss it a lot and always want to go there. But whenever I do go there, I do all my stuff there, look at the Benny and Joon locations, and do other stuff I want to do and then I get tired of the city because I don't know what else to do there so I end up leaving. Then when I do get home, I miss the city all over again the next day and want to go back. Funny eh?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Isn't it funny
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 02:04:13 PM »
:LMAO:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »
You should masturbate with it more.  Maybe you'd become a tourist attraction if you did it enough.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 02:07:51 PM »
I think it's because you're obsessed with the idea of Spokane, more so than the city itself.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 04:59:49 PM »
You have an image of Spokane that is better than the real thing. When you are there you are more in touch with the real place, when you leave it you go back to the imaginary one. So really you are spending your time pining for something that doesnt exist.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 05:01:59 PM »
You have an image of Spokane that is better than the real thing. When you are there you are more in touch with the real place, when you leave it you go back to the imaginary one. So really you are spending your time pining for something that doesnt exist.

Sounds likely.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 06:10:53 PM »
is it or isn't it?
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 06:15:33 PM »
I laughed. So it must not be.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »
i just noticed that i misread the thread title.  i thought it read: it isn't funny.
Misunderstood.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 01:21:18 AM »

Spokane exists and so do all the Benny and Joon locationd but I doubt the inside of their home exists. The art studio doesn't exist nor the back porch where Benny and his friends played 5 card stud. I don't know what else you meant by thinking I am pinning for something that doesn't exist.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 05:58:54 AM »

Spokane exists and so do all the Benny and Joon locationd but I doubt the inside of their home exists. The art studio doesn't exist nor the back porch where Benny and his friends played 5 card stud. I don't know what else you meant by thinking I am pinning for something that doesn't exist.
Ok, you have a romantised vision of spokane. When you go spokane does not live up to that vision, so you pine for it when you are there. When you leave you pine for it as well.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 06:03:57 AM »

Ok, you have a romantised vision of spokane. When you go spokane does not live up to that vision, so you pine for it when you are there. When you leave you pine for it as well.

That makes sense, Hadron.  The real place does not measure up to Spokane Girl's idealized expectations of it.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 06:07:20 AM »

That makes sense, Hadron.  The real place does not measure up to Spokane Girl's idealized expectations of it.
I prefered my earlier explaination further up the thread, but Spokane Girl didnt get it unfortuantly.

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 11:05:16 AM »
Obsessions can be funny that way.  I would guess it's because while the places really exist, the atmosphere that the movie sets isn't really there without the characters and storyline and whatnot.  But that's just a guess.

Scrapheap

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 08:52:22 PM »
Find another obsession.  :wanker: