Author Topic: frivolous lawsuits  (Read 164 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
frivolous lawsuits
« on: August 03, 2007, 10:41:32 AM »
find your own and post it here.  or discuss the frivolous lawsuits already posted.

an example:

In 2003, Richard Schick sued his former employer, the Illinois Department of Public Aid. Schick sought $5 million plus $166,700 in back pay for sexual and disability discrimination. In fact, Shick was so stressed by this discrimination that he robbed a convenience store with a shotgun. A jury felt his pain and awarded him the money he was seeking. The decision was then reversed. Unfortunately, the $303,830 he was still awarded isn’t doing him much good during the ten years he’s serving for armed robbery.

Misunderstood.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: frivolous lawsuits
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 01:16:47 PM »

Judge Roy L. Pearson has lost his lawsuit seeking $54 million in damages from a dry cleaner that Pearson claims lost a pair of his pants [SN reported]. Pearson had tried to claim that the cleaner's promise of 'Satisfaction Guaranteed' was not fulfilled.

Pearson, who is an administrative law judge, initially sought $67 million after claiming that Custom Cleaners had lost a pair of his pants and tried to replace it with a charcoal gray pants that weren't his.

Pearson will have to pay more than $1,000 in court costs incurred by cleaner owners Jin Nam and Ki Y. Chung. A motion requiring Pearson to cover the owners' attorney costs will be considered later.
The Chungs are trying to get back their $80,000 lost in attorney's fees from Pearson.  I really hope they get it.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.