Author Topic: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.  (Read 36634 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.
« Reply #585 on: August 05, 2006, 05:33:47 PM »
would it be too painful to retell one of the events?
Misunderstood.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #586 on: August 05, 2006, 06:07:03 PM »
Im pretty much over the things that happened etc.
However at the same time i dont really see the point in "entertaining" the internet public with stories of my dad beating my mother and i or more commonly torturing me by doing sadistic things which pointed to him being a psychopath.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #587 on: August 05, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »
i just think a discussion of the topic could be enlightening to some.  there are several people who do not come from that sort of background and have no empathy for it.

also there are some people who may be caught up in the 'cycle of abuse' but have no empathy for it.  it could prove a worthwhile discussion, if, its not too painful for you.
Misunderstood.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #588 on: August 05, 2006, 06:31:33 PM »
Ive shared most of it with kids, survivors of abuse etc, who i had worked with etc, or asked to speak with, may have been going thru similar things etc. But cant say ive went into internet forums and told my life story of abuse etc, if anyone was in a similar position, or enquired id prob discuss it privately, but its not something id really advertise as such.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #589 on: August 05, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »
thank you, i am happy to hear that you have made yourself available as a resource for someone in need.
you are a good person, despite your protests to the contrary.
Misunderstood.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #590 on: August 05, 2006, 06:45:17 PM »
i am happy to hear that you have made yourself available as a resource for someone in need

Oh of course, ive done that for a very long time, it has played a big part of my life, and is part reason why ive chosen to do certain types of work, study in certain areas, developed certain types of contacts etc. I just stopped doing voluntary work because it took up pretty much all of my time due to me being so envolved and wanting to see things thru etc, check up on things etc.
Which isnt so good when you have family stuff, university stuff, and a fair bit of other things to juggle alongside it, so i took a break even though i still had/have certain ppl contact me who knew me from then etc. I will go back to voluntary work again soon, but at the moment i need to immerse myself in other things first which will help further my goals, and help certain causes even better.

But yes enough of that.

Next.

peegai

« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2006, 08:14:37 AM »
Do you play video games?

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2006, 08:44:09 AM »
I have been known to play games on my bros PS2 yes.
Recently completed the newest Tomb Raider Legend game, was quite cool but not enough levels etc. He only had it 4days, after i completed it he took it and exchanged it for a new game. lol

I like playing him at fighting games, as its funny when i kick his ass because hes goes in such a huff, hes worse when i beat him at games like burnout though because apparently "Girls shouldnt be able to win at those kind of games".

Needless to say hes learnt his lesson. ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 08:46:03 AM by Hypnotica_Gaze »

peegai

« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2006, 08:47:48 AM »
I have been known to play games on my bros PS2 yes.

I like playing him at fighting games, as its funny when i kick his ass because hes goes in such a huff, hes worse when i beat him at games like burnout though because apparently "Girls shouldnt be able to win at those kind of games"

Needless to say hes learnt his lesson. ;D

You mean fighting games such as Dead or Alive, where it's all about the bouncing bosoms and the ladies' bums?

I don't get fazed with girls playing video games, to be honest with you. :/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 10:10:40 AM by peegai »

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2006, 08:55:52 AM »
Dead or Alive, that game is so silly and slightly sexist, oh yeah bouncing boobs and arses, skimpy outfits, but no guys with a bulge or hard-on. ;)

Fighting games in general, like Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibar, Tekken (the most recent versions) Those kinda games.

I quite liked the racing game burnout, because the objective was to smash and destroy as many other cars as possible, which well, its just too easy for a girl like me. ;D

Yes I dont see why some guys are phased by a girl beating them at a video game either. :P

peegai

« Reply #595 on: August 06, 2006, 09:05:37 AM »

Yes I dont see why some guys are phased by a girl beating them at a video game either. :P

Thing is, there's nothing really masculine or feminine playing and outwitting an AI or human opponent on a video game because it's all about mental power -- and that's pretty much universal among all gender-types.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #596 on: August 06, 2006, 09:08:37 AM »
Indeed, but the mental power is a little more advanced in a female. ;)

peegai

« Reply #597 on: August 06, 2006, 09:09:12 AM »
Indeed, but the mental power is a little more advanced in a female. ;)

Sexist pig. :(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 09:10:59 AM by peegai »

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #598 on: August 06, 2006, 09:20:07 AM »
Ok well in some females. :P

peegai

« Reply #599 on: August 06, 2006, 09:24:59 AM »
Ok well in some females. :P

Like you, oh omniscient goth. *bows*