Author Topic: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.  (Read 36632 times)

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
Re: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.
« Reply #435 on: July 01, 2006, 08:51:26 PM »
I tried to fix my post that time.  I  did go oh yeah, when you said escrima.  I remember something.

How does frozen yogurt compare to regular ice cream?

What is your favorite season?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #436 on: July 01, 2006, 09:08:40 PM »
You heard of escrima before? ever tried it?

Frozen yogurt, hmmm mint choc chip ice cream tastes better. ;D

My favourite season, i like them all for different reasons but probably autumn best.
How about you? which do you prefer?

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #437 on: July 01, 2006, 09:46:18 PM »
Yeah I have herd of escrima. I think its about tripping if my memory serves me correctly.  I have a game for the xbox, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, there is plenty of martial arts styles on there. I took some judo, but no striking was taught.  I only obtained yellow belt, and that was because I ran out of money. I beat up the teacher who was a black belt. Well they had trouble with me.  Honestly, I lost a competition due to getting locked in a choke. There is no striking in competition, and you have to pin them down for a certain amount of time.

I am stuck between summer and spring.  Summer allowes me to exposes my body the most, but spring temps are great.  Springs is quite beautiful too.  Thankyou for asking!

What do you think are your strengthes?

If you had to play a sport what would it be?

What is the farthest you have traveled?

Post whore, I am, triple posting!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 03:38:16 AM by fluorescent »
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #438 on: July 02, 2006, 01:22:57 AM »
Do I need to spell it out in layman's terms for you?

yes, please.  well, an attempt at any human language would be a start, i feel.

I understood it better than you think, you and Lucifer are the fuckn AS  morons. I am sheilded, I don't have enough symptoms to meet the criteria, like you two fuckn AS morons.

HG, we are fuckn AS morons.  twice.  be warned - if he says it for a third time, it's a spell.  lawks.  as for the rest of it, well, apparently kryptonite won't work, sadly.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #439 on: July 02, 2006, 01:28:20 AM »
study your professor for the first few weeks, then spend the rest of the semester rteliing them what they want to hear.
simple.

unless it's me, cos you'd get a tutorial where you'd be told in no uncertain terms to get a brain, think for yourself, or remain a sheep forever.  and a pretty mediocre mark.  if i wanted to hear my own opinions quoted back at me, i'd talk to a mirror.

having said which, i might not be the best example of a lecturer.  can't imagine why, i'm sure...  ;)

duncvis

« Reply #440 on: July 02, 2006, 01:31:32 AM »
Good point, actually. In Europe, higher marks tend to be awarded to people who can string together a decent critique of what they are being taught, and display some original thought. Regurgitation is fine at the lower levels of a degree course but by the time you get past the diploma stage you are expected to analyse critically and apply your own brain to a subject.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #441 on: July 02, 2006, 03:25:15 AM »
Sorry, Hypnotica.  I remember somethings meant I asked that question already.  I also remember that answer.

Have you had a dealings with Alex Plank?

If you had to have a pet, what would it be?

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #442 on: July 02, 2006, 07:12:46 AM »
study your professor for the first few weeks, then spend the rest of the semester rteliing them what they want to hear.
simple.

unless it's me, cos you'd get a tutorial where you'd be told in no uncertain terms to get a brain, think for yourself, or remain a sheep forever.  and a pretty mediocre mark.  if i wanted to hear my own opinions quoted back at me, i'd talk to a mirror.

having said which, i might not be the best example of a lecturer.  can't imagine why, i'm sure...  ;)

which is why i say study your professor.  i know what makes you tick lucifer.

BTW- it isn't me.

But i would be very careful in my papers written for your class.  i would have friends obsessively proffread them for grammatical errors.  i would be sympathetic form the plight of woman.  and i would lean towards the darkside and worship Lucifer.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2006, 07:16:14 AM »
Good point, actually. In Europe, higher marks tend to be awarded to people who can string together a decent critique of what they are being taught, and display some original thought. Regurgitation is fine at the lower levels of a degree course but by the time you get past the diploma stage you are expected to analyse critically and apply your own brain to a subject.

yes dunc.
i would agree with that assessment.  but givin HG age i thought we'd just focus in on where she is likely at in her Uni experience.  i never went past the3 lower  levels.  i discovered the fine art of nightclubbing for girls, then when i was serious and went back, i knocked up my girlfriend, decided to get married and get a real job.
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2006, 11:48:08 AM »
i know what makes you tick lucifer.

you are joking, i hope?  mcj, you haven't a clue about me.  really.

But i would be very careful in my papers written for your class.  i would have friends obsessively proffread them for grammatical errors.  i would be sympathetic form the plight of woman.  and i would lean towards the darkside and worship Lucifer.

and then you'd get a tutorial where you'd be told in no uncertain terms to get a brain, think for yourself, or remain a sheep forever.  and a very mediocre mark.

my students this year were first year undergrads, and i STILL expected them to have some sort of original ideas and produce independent work, etc.  by using some of the ideas i'd lectured them on, naturally, as they have to have a starting point.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2006, 12:21:15 PM »
Im just nearly half way thru my current degree, ive always been myself, said what i wanted, what i felt etc, sometimes even argued with my professors, and its done me no harm.

if i wanted to hear my own opinions quoted back at me, i'd talk to a mirror.

Indeed, my last 2 professors said, the best thing about me was that i didnt lick ass for extra grades, i wouldnt have gotten them if i had anyways as we are working at such a high level, he liked my individuality and my attitude of challenging things that were said, thinking independently, interpreting for myself and also my thing for discussing or saying things that were sometimes controversial. ;D He liked my argumentative, outspoken streak etc, which was what helped get me my grades.
Alot of students on my courses (especially my current) have failed most of their papers and exams for being arselickers with no personal identity.

higher marks tend to be awarded to people who can string together a decent critique of what they are being taught, and display some original thought. Regurgitation is fine at the lower levels of a degree course but by the time you get past the diploma stage you are expected to analyse critically and apply your own brain to a subject.

Very true from what ive seen.

Fluorescent, have i had dealings with Alex Plank, not personally.
If i could have any pet? i adore my current pets. But if they didnt exist id like a tiger, maybe some reptiles, possibly even a croc. ;D
Im a weirdo, if dinosaurs werent extinct, id want a velociraptor :laugh:

Im reptile girl. :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 05:25:59 PM by Hypnotica_Gaze »

peegai

« Reply #446 on: July 02, 2006, 12:28:52 PM »
Reptile girl... dododododo... reptile girl... dadadadada...

Reptile girl can do amazing things, Reptile girl can cast off her skin.

Reptile girl! Reptile girl! R-R-R-R-Reptile GIRL!!!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 12:38:00 PM by peegai »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #447 on: July 02, 2006, 12:38:51 PM »
i know what makes you tick lucifer.

you are joking, i hope?  mcj, you haven't a clue about me.  really.

and then you'd get a tutorial where you'd be told in no uncertain terms to get a brain, think for yourself, or remain a sheep forever.  and a very mediocre mark.

my students this year were first year undergrads, and i STILL expected them to have some sort of original ideas and produce independent work, etc.  by using some of the ideas i'd lectured them on, naturally, as they have to have a starting point.
oh you are too modest.

you really do luv me.  aww gee and shucks all at once.
Misunderstood.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #448 on: July 02, 2006, 01:15:25 PM »

:laugh:

peegai

« Reply #449 on: July 02, 2006, 01:18:08 PM »

:laugh:

If you had a theme tune, what would the lyrics be?