Educational

Author Topic: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.  (Read 36247 times)

Hypnotica_Gaze

Re: God, go on then, you may aswell ask.
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2006, 01:41:34 PM »
Working on yourself is good, sometimes it takes some time, but its better getting yourself and all you little issues etc sorted, grounded, settled and the like before you consider pursuing certain things.

Having feelings and sympathising/relating to the other person and their situation is good, but you need to learn to be able to detach yourself from that as much as you can and you cant allow yourself to be upset and let the other person see you are upset as alot of the time that causes more problems for them.

But good luck anyways.

What is my fave tv show.........Criminal Minds ;D

Next Question.....................

peegai

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »
Peegai, Its good that youve worked on things and made the realizations you have. I also agree with alot of what you said in the 2nd half of your post.
Ive never been much of a fan of online support groups either.
 8)

I also write too much in my posts. :P

Well, I finally learned that negativity creates nothing. If you dwell on things too much, you are never going to improve. Acknowledging the faults bit by bit then moving on would be the ideal course of action. That's why the likes of you, me, and other people with shit to deal with are stronger people for it.

People slag of psychology (what do they know?), but it's people like you and my psychologist what makes the practice genuine. You saved lives, so keep it up to the best of your abilities.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2006, 01:47:48 PM »
I have two questions.  Is my way of seeming like I am not a hijacker good enough for you?

Are you a good cook?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2006, 02:06:50 PM »
Indeed you learn alot from yourself.

I think the only problem with Psychology is, even though it is a valuable and reliable science the majority of the time, the way it is applied to individuals by therapists etc isnt always so reliable. That isnt due to the Science itself but instead those who misinterpret it to their clients or their situation etc.

There are many crap psychologists who either soft-soap or dont truly really understand (or want to understand) their patients or listen in depth to EVERYTHING they are saying, instead they simply recall their memorization of textbooks on stereotypes and the precedent of past clients and make a diagnosis based on that when sometimes things arent quite that simple.

However as i have said before sometimes the point of therapy isnt to be diagnosed accurately but instead for you to realise that the psychologist was wrong which encourages you to delve into things yourself and work yourself out and find some answers in order for you to move on.

There are also some good psychologists though which shouldnt be forgotten, its a bit like most professions tho, a lucky dip, some people are better at their jobs than others.

I explained my view on Psychology a while ago, i think you will prob remember that thread Peegai, but yes. :)

Yes Fluorescent You can come across like a hijacker, and yes i can cook, but im not a masterchef as such, and i prefer baking.

Next..................

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2006, 10:31:34 PM »
what is the happiest moment that you have had in your life thus far?

if you could have one wish become reality what would make you the happiest then?
please explain why?
Misunderstood.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »
The happiest moment in my life so far............
Hmm theres a few, one of the most obvious was getting rid of my dad, then finding out 2yrs ago he drove into a gritter van, nearly died and was in hospital, he contacted me and asked if i was gonna send him a "get well soon" card, i told him the only card id be sending would be to his new family saying "better luck next time" . ;D

what else....my mum surprising me by getting me a rescue dog Milo when i was younger, because my old doggy had to be put to sleep and i was in a bit of a lull due to that. Getting better from my illness, moving house, anytime i passed exams, amongst loads of other trivial stuff.

One wish become reality...........hmmmmmm.
Im not sure, i think if something is meant to happen it will eventually anyways, obviously theres a better chance if people intervene to try make it happen, but i also think if somethings not meant to happen then it wont.
I believe theres a reason for everything, weither it seems clear at the time or not.

I have hopes, but not wishes as such.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2006, 01:45:28 PM »
What's the most moving scene you've read/seen in a book/movie/game?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
Oh dear, Pyraxis beat me to it!  I do have a question and while I think your attractive, I'm happily married and I ain't your type, (I don't suffer from testosterone poisoning).  The wine is making me loquacious........... :P!

How many men have you actually kicked in the nuts?????

And yes I'm one of those guys who thinks that some men deserve it!  Along with castration by a rusty razor blade without the benefit of anaethesia!

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »
The most moving scene from a book/movie or game.

Burnout.......when i totally destroyed loads of cars with one nudge at precised timing. ;D
Or the bit in the resident evil movie where the guy walks thru the little laser security corridor, thinks hes got it sussed, is all smug then gets sliced and diced or the bit where the kid goes "your all gonna die down here". Classic.

How many guys have i kicked in the nuts.....hmmm......good question, i dont keep count, not TOO many. :angel:
I can throw things at their nuts too :), i did that to a pervy boy when i was younger, i picked up a mug threw it, slammed it into his nuts and legged it.

Ozymandias........your last statement made me very happy. ;D

ozymandias

« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »

Ozymandias........your last statement made me very happy. ;D

<sweeping bow>  A pleasure to be of service, M'lady! ;)

Seriously, another question;  Have you ever said "Maybe?" to a guy when he asked you out, when you really meant "NO".?

The reason, I ask, was in my single days, I heard "maybe" quite a bit and it turned out that they really meant no.  And I wasn't being obnoxiously  persistent either!  I always took no as NO.  I could never figure out why they didn't say no to begin with.  So after awhile, when a girl I asked out, said "maybe", I took it as "no" and never asked again.  It was all very confusing to me, but, I was only wrong once and I didn't learn I was wrong until after I met my future wife.  Anyway. thats the question and reason in a nutshell!

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2006, 08:21:55 PM »
I always like having this question asked to me, so....

How was you day today?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2006, 08:26:11 PM »
Ive havent ever did that no, and id never say yes or even maybe to a guy i wasnt really into or interested in if he asked me out, id feel it was a waste of my time and theirs.
Im too upfront, and im not someone who lowers their standards or who settles for something less. If im not fully interested its no good for me and i dont go there. :)

My day today was quiet but, very peaceful thanks.

Offline Sanityisoverrated

• Frequent Poster
  • Sleepy type guy
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2006, 03:32:38 AM »
Or the bit in the resident evil movie where the guy walks thru the little laser security corridor, thinks hes got it sussed, is all smug then gets sliced and diced or the bit where the kid goes "your all gonna die down here". Classic.

Ew, the resident evil movies were horrible. You ought to be ashamed.  :'(
'When the world is run according to my standards, everyone will be a happier person and the general standard of health will exceed the average' - Charlie Chaplin

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2006, 09:41:14 AM »
the movies were horrible, but the laser corridor was fucking fantastic, and the creepy child. ;D

Offline Sanityisoverrated

• Frequent Poster
  • Sleepy type guy
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2006, 11:35:48 AM »
Yeah, I'm scared of having kids because I just know that they'll turn out like that.
'When the world is run according to my standards, everyone will be a happier person and the general standard of health will exceed the average' - Charlie Chaplin