Educational

Author Topic: Sound files.  (Read 557 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Sound files.
« on: May 26, 2006, 04:10:11 AM »
I want to take the sound track directly from a DVD, how do I do this?  I want to convert the entire movies sound into an mp3 or something.  I'd also like to be able to edit the length of the mp3.  How do i do this?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Sound files.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 04:15:50 AM »
if i still gave a shit about music i'd be able to help you.

but after i got over my billy gelman phase i realized that i was old and no longer deserved music.
Misunderstood.

Offline Sanityisoverrated

• Frequent Poster
  • Sleepy type guy
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 05:22:01 AM »
I've tried this before, and eventually managed to get what I was after, using a program called "DVD Audio Ripper 4". Unfortunately all the audio ripping software I found seemed to be trial versions with disabled or temporary features, and I couldn't find any freeware utilities.

Good luck :/
'When the world is run according to my standards, everyone will be a happier person and the general standard of health will exceed the average' - Charlie Chaplin

duncvis

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 10:41:52 AM »
Yeah, a quick google turned up a few shareware audio rippers. There are open source tools for Mac OS X and Linux, but not Windows yet sadly.  :-\

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 05:07:36 PM »
I love the songs in the movies because of the sounds occuring during the music and you don't find those songs with the sound effects from the movie.? And as a matter of fact, I often just want to listen to the sound of a movie.? Because I can see what is going on anyway and I want to do other stuff with my eyes in the meantime.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 05:09:20 PM by Nomaken »
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Sanityisoverrated

• Frequent Poster
  • Sleepy type guy
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 02:57:50 AM »
Hmm, maybe you would enjoy listening to some radio plays? I'm a fan of stuff like "The Goon Show", and "I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again". The classic old radio serials like "The Shadow" are great too.
'When the world is run according to my standards, everyone will be a happier person and the general standard of health will exceed the average' - Charlie Chaplin