Educational

Author Topic: Realisation  (Read 842 times)

Teejay

Realisation
« on: July 25, 2007, 07:16:59 AM »
I gotten extremely political conservative in recent years, as I discover how the world really works and how human nature is.

Myself say in 2001 would be amazed I would become a anti-abortion, opponent of gay rights, defender of traditional marriages and families, somebody who agrees with a lot what late Jerry Falwell advocated.

purposefulinsanity

Re: Realisation
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 07:18:56 AM »
Why do you see all this as a problem?

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:30:47 AM »
what happened in the intervening period to close your mind and insert the conservative stick up your arse?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 12:53:05 PM »
I gotten extremely political conservative in recent years, as I discover how the world really works and how human nature is.

Myself say in 2001 would be amazed I would become a anti-abortion, opponent of gay rights, defender of traditional marriages and families, somebody who agrees with a lot what late Jerry Falwell advocated.

Wow, human nature has taught you that we should force
children to be born into unwanted circumstances?

You have learned what? That little snottlings are going
to make their parents into better people, able to raise
them responsibly?

Not sure what your justifications for the other points are,
but this one just boggles the mind. I rather believe that
your supposed 'learning' is just an attempt to give some
reason to your unreasoned beliefs.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »

Conservatism as a personal lifestyle is not a bad thing as long as you have no neighbors, but applying it to a political system involving others and expecting it to be carried out is a farce. It can never work in the currrent state of our world.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:50:59 AM »
Aren't we meant to be supportive here?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Teejay

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 01:53:53 AM »
Why do you see all this as a problem?

I was merely reflecting on how I have changed in last few years.

Teejay

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 02:01:53 AM »

Conservatism as a personal lifestyle is not a bad thing as long as you have no neighbors, but applying it to a political system involving others and expecting it to be carried out is a farce. It can never work in the currrent state of our world.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to moral and many social issues, I see the nuclear family as the bedrock of a free market capitalist system. I see nothing wrong in having governments prefer it and discourage other family arrangements. That means things like preventing divorce and getting rid of no fault divorces, allowing abstinence sex education to be taught in schools (I do not object to contraceptives, however message should be at least waiting to have sex until you are 18), teaching that it is okay to be still a virgin at an advanced age and many great people in history were, among other things. I believe these measures can help us make inroads into social disadvantage in our societies.

You will probably find it odd these views coming from somebody who will be single for probably nearly all his life. However that is what I believe in and stand by it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 02:04:33 AM by Teejay »

GalileoAce

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 03:33:21 AM »
Teejay I respect your opinion and I'll fight for your right to have and share them. But by all the Universe I'll never agree with them. But kudos to you for sharing :)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 04:00:10 AM »
I've wondered about non-traditional family groups, like the ones Heinlein postulated in 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress', and how they'd function both internally and in interaction with society, and what benefits and disadvantages they could have over the nuclear family in different environmental and societal settings.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 04:03:24 AM »

Which is the why the question of
why this is a problem was raised.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to moral and many social issues, I see the nuclear family as the bedrock of a free market capitalist system. I see nothing wrong in having governments prefer it and discourage other family arrangements. That means things like preventing divorce and getting rid of no fault divorces, allowing abstinence sex education to be taught in schools (I do not object to contraceptives, however message should be at least waiting to have sex until you are 18), teaching that it is okay to be still a virgin at an advanced age and many great people in history were, among other things. I believe these measures can help us make inroads into social disadvantage in our societies.

You will probably find it odd these views coming from somebody who will be single for probably nearly all his life. However that is what I believe in and stand by it.

I agree on most of these, but it's not like
schools are telling kids that it's NOT ok
to be a virgin.

I think marriage should simply be eliminated,
in favor of negotiated partnerships. Churches
can do what they please, but I don't see why
the state should but its nose in anyone's private
business.

I've wondered about non-traditional family groups, like the ones Heinlein postulated in 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress', and how they'd function both internally and in interaction with society, and what benefits and disadvantages they could have over the nuclear family in different environmental and societal settings.

Given that the breakdown in family life
coincides, more or less, with the ADOPTION
of the nuclear family, I would guess that just
about anything would be better.

Before the 1950's, families meant more than
mom, dad, and some brats. Like the concepts
in "It Takes a Village," it's clear that this is simply
not enough, especially when wages haven't kept
up to allow for a non-working spouse.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 04:21:13 AM »

Which is the why the question of
why this is a problem was raised.

Exactly- why post it in the real problems forum if it isn't actually a problem?  If the thread isn't about a problem but a personal opinion should the 'be supportive' rule still apply anyway?

Teejay

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 06:05:45 AM »

Exactly- why post it in the real problems forum if it isn't actually a problem?  If the thread isn't about a problem but a personal opinion should the 'be supportive' rule still apply anyway?

My mistake in putting her in here, I did not know where to put it, maybe the politics section would be more appropriate.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 06:09:32 AM »
You can ask an admin to move it for you if you wish, but there's no reason why you can't leave it here if that's what you would prefer.  It just brought up an interesting question about the unwritten rule of this forum.

duncvis

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »
Exactly. If you are going to state strong opinions which others are likely to find repugnant rather than an actual problem, this isn't the forum for it really since people will flame you for it regardless.