Author Topic: Wow I really am an assole (well accoring to AFF anyways)  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Wow I really am an assole (well accoring to AFF anyways)
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »
Didn't mean it? Please. She's a self-serving old bitch with a god-complex categorising the useless autistics and the useful ones. She acted like a helpless retard when she was younger, and now that her mind has grasped most of the social norms, she's become an egotist with a penchant for eugenics.

Give her a few more years, and then she'll suffer from pure dementia, the silly old granny. Mwahahaha!

I know she had a lot more challenges when she was younger.  That's why I would think she, of all people, would not really intend to say that the person who she was when she was younger is less worthy of being included in society than the person who has written books and developed more efficient animal slaughter techniques.  I attended one of her talks and even met her in person and she does not seem like the sort of person to mean this.  Maybe she misspoke. 

The_P

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2007, 12:10:02 PM »
Didn't mean it? Please. She's a self-serving old bitch with a god-complex categorising the useless autistics and the useful ones. She acted like a helpless retard when she was younger, and now that her mind has grasped most of the social norms, she's become an egotist with a penchant for eugenics.

Give her a few more years, and then she'll suffer from pure dementia, the silly old granny. Mwahahaha!

I know she had a lot more challenges when she was younger.  That's why I would think she, of all people, would not really intend to say that the person who she was when she was younger is less worthy of being included in society than the person who has written books and developed more efficient animal slaughter techniques.  I attended one of her talks and even met her in person and she does not seem like the sort of person to mean this.  Maybe she misspoke. 

I'll believe that when she makes a formal apology to those she has offended.

ozymandias

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2007, 02:20:38 PM »
i doubt it - anubend is one of the most articulate, intelligent and thoughtful people i've ever come across.  there's no way she could make anything associated with herself look like a fool.

I think we have Temple Grandin and Anbuend confused here.  I believe that people are talking about TG saying the nasty things.  I'm in agreement with you about Anbuend, plus she's got a great artistic and creative sense.  I'v known Anbuend for quite some time!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2007, 04:39:30 AM »
I'm in agreement with you about Anbuend, plus she's got a great artistic and creative sense.  I'v known Anbuend for quite some time!
I don't understand her at all. She has responded to one of my posts before. I read through it many times and then gave up because I just couldn't understand what it was about. :-\
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

The_P

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2007, 04:42:40 AM »
I'm in agreement with you about Anbuend, plus she's got a great artistic and creative sense.  I'v known Anbuend for quite some time!
I don't understand her at all. She has responded to one of my posts before. I read through it many times and then gave up because I just couldn't understand what it was about. :-\

She uses big words like Vivi, I suppose?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2007, 04:55:44 AM »
i doubt it - anubend is one of the most articulate, intelligent and thoughtful people i've ever come across.  there's no way she could make anything associated with herself look like a fool.
Edit, the article Callaway posted is probably the one. Could someone cut and paste from NS who is a sub there please?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:57:50 AM by Hadron »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2007, 12:29:31 PM »
I know she had a lot more challenges when she was younger.  That's why I would think she, of all people, would not really intend to say that the person who she was when she was younger is less worthy of being included in society than the person who has written books and developed more efficient animal slaughter techniques.

Why? Sometimes the things people work the hardest to overcome are the things they abhor in themselves, and so by proxy they abhor them in others.

In this case, I would rather hold her responsible for her words than excuse them because she's likely a good person.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2007, 11:56:27 AM »
No that is not it. I understand Vivi's writing. I have felt frustration with myself when reading anbuend's posts. I feel that I am not smart enough. It's just something I have to deal with.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

The_P

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2007, 12:12:49 PM »
No that is not it. I understand Vivi's writing. I have felt frustration with myself when reading anbuend's posts. I feel that I am not smart enough. It's just something I have to deal with.

Can she do the things you seem to have a knack with?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2007, 12:13:10 PM »
Edit, the article Callaway posted is probably the one. Could someone cut and paste from NS who is a sub there please?

What?  Can't you do it yourself?  

On a funnier note, in the interview with TG, I love this bit;

TG: Well I think the most important thing that I find is happening is a lot of people are functioning reasonably well at work but their married life is a mess because the spouse doesn't understand what's going on. The best thing in that situation is reading a lot of books.

(Does she mean read a lot of books so you don't have to talk to your partner?   :laugh:  This woman is goooood!)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2007, 06:09:07 PM »

What?  Can't you do it yourself? 

TG: Well I think the most important thing that I find is happening is a lot of people are functioning reasonably well at work but their married life is a mess because the spouse doesn't understand what's going on. The best thing in that situation is reading a lot of books.

(Does she mean read a lot of books so you don't have to talk to your partner?   :laugh:  This woman is goooood!)
Nope i am not a subscriber and cant access the whole article....
What books is she recommending that people read?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »

(Does she mean read a lot of books so you don't have to talk to your partner?   :laugh:  This woman is goooood!)

Hadron, even if I was a subscriber, I would have no intention of fucking reading the article and cutting and pasting it back here for you is my point.  Stop telling people what to do ie; get articles for you, remind you, adjust chat rooms to suit you.  It's annoying.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2007, 06:43:49 PM »

Hadron, even if I was a subscriber, I would have no intention of fucking reading the article and cutting and pasting it back here for you is my point.  Stop telling people what to do ie; get articles for you, remind you, adjust chat rooms to suit you.  It's annoying.
I have the article in my desk. Others do not, but are making assertations about it and i cant be arsed to type the whole thing up when someone could drag and drop
And I wasnt telling people to people what to do, it was a request not an assertation. You are exaggerating a little, Eclair.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2007, 07:00:58 PM »

I dont think there would be much there... too hot!