Poll

Has fluorescent ever won an argument or 'burned' anybody?

Yes.
5 (26.3%)
No.
0 (0%)
I can't tell, I don't understand anything he says in the first place.
3 (15.8%)
Everything he says makes him look like an idiot, so i'll go with no.
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Fluorescents success.  (Read 3878 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Fluorescents success.
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2006, 05:03:18 PM »
It is very difficult to treat a mentally ill person nicely when everything they do annoys or insults you.  It may be our responsibility to treat them nicely anyway, but i'm just saying, it is very difficult.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »
I cannot speak for other members, Omega_Female, but I have a moral code which I try to follow, and sometimes even succeed in following. As for the specifics of my and Fluorescent's, um, recent little discussion, let me assure you that a lot of it was actually conducted outside the forum. In my case then, at least, you don't know the whole truth.

Still I tend to agree with what you're saying, in general terms. There is a point when a person should not be considered to be fully responsible for his (or her) own actions, and we should all try to remember that, and spot any such individuals if possible, and treat them accordingly. Unfortunately, that's not easy for anyone.

And in any case, and in this particular one, it's over and done with, and I'm trying to be more moderate with my remarks.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »
Oh knock it off!!!!, I said I can handle it. How many times do I have to tell you?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2006, 05:27:06 PM »
It is very difficult to treat a mentally ill person nicely when everything they do annoys or insults you. It may be our responsibility to treat them nicely anyway, but i'm just saying, it is very difficult.

Nomaken, bite me. There is a double meaning in that.? What makes you think you can take a chunk out of me? I might say the same thing as you just said.? I am holding back for your benefit.

Wait a minute, Nomaken do you know what you sound like?
Why  should I get all bent out of shape because you don;t understand? I think I am just going to have to ignore you, unless I you ask me to try again.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 05:43:01 PM by fluorescent »
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2006, 05:40:53 PM »
I don't know what I sound like but i'm concerned that in the format of the forum the message comes out with two It is very difficult's in a row.  Doesn't look good.

But on the matter at hand, I'm not trying to take a chunk out of you.  I was explaining to Omega a possible explanation of why a lot of people are unkind to you.  And if you want to insult me and tell me what is wrong with me, i'd like to hear it.  Would be amusing to me.

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2006, 06:15:09 PM »
I cannot speak for other members, Omega_Female, but I have a moral code which I try to follow, and sometimes even succeed in following. As for the specifics of my and Fluorescent's, um, recent little discussion, let me assure you that a lot of it was actually conducted outside the forum. In my case then, at least, you don't know the whole truth.

just for the record, i have never claimed to be in possession of all the facts; i was just sharing my observations in the hope that they would be of some benefit to others. it just seemed to me, at one point, that Fluorescent was being used as the community's verbal punch-bag. i accept that my perception of the issue could be wrong.

Oh knock it off!!!!, I said I can handle it. How many times do I have to tell you?

okay, point taken. but i still think it's worthy of discussion, in case a similar situation arises in the future.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »
to be clear, fluorescent and i are pm buddies.
we don't see things all that differently. 
i think we have established a mutual respect and have been doing my best to encourage him to follow through on doctors orders, and submitting items that may be of interest to him. 

i personally think, and have noticed that since fluorescent has been willing to show a thick skin that he has recieved easier treatment (from everybody) lately.  his willingness to be honest has gone a long ways in favor of his credibility.

omega, i respect your opinions, but i don't really see the situation the same way as you.

perhaps we should ask fluorescent what he percieves, and his view of things that are going on here.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2006, 06:58:40 PM »
Vunerable?, I think you had  better look in the mirror.  I really think you should worry about yourself more.

Why? What vulnerability do you see in me?

Odeon - I also can't speak for anyone else, but I also follow my own moral code.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2006, 07:42:19 PM »
Verbal punching bag?,  No body hit me, except myself. I make misunderstandings like you guys do.  I have gotten a grip though, and I am waiting for you guys.  If you have noticed I stopped and backed off, something you said Happeh and I  could not do.  I guess I will have to weight and see what Happeh is going to do, if anything.    I attacked him, but I maid my position clear.  I told him it was to get his attention, for callouts.  I appologized and he still is  being a pric.  Those of you who think they need to moderate their mouths, are talking out your assholes.  I am in controll of my moods, without meds. I don;t expect you to moderate your mouths, this is intensity, besides you guys can get me going to the extent you want. If you want to hide behind your moral code, because you have nothing, go ahead I will understand.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »
*Nomaken plays a withered old hag doomsaying*
Fluorescent, you know not what you face.  This happeh is a different monster entirely.  While you may have some issues understanding us, happeh is flat out paranoid delusional.  You will be amazed what he thinks of what you say. 

But then again, it will be entertaining.  Happeh is always entertaining.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2006, 04:48:20 AM »
Fluorescent, please try to tell us who you're addressing when you reply. For example, several of us mentioned a "moral code" but you're not being clear on which one(s) of us you refer to here:

If you want to hide behind your moral code, because you have nothing, go ahead I will understand.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2006, 05:50:14 AM »
If several thousand of you are mentioning it, then it must be all of you.  I feal like like I am being attacked by alot of you at ounce. What everyone is saying is a Minor annoyance, at best.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2006, 05:51:48 AM »
most times, when i try to communicate a thought, my brain works at a far quicker pace then my typing abilities allow.

i seem to push myself to the point, rather than the explanation, because i fear that i will be on to a different topic altogether, before i make the point.
kinda like dragging the cart ahead of the horse.

but i do realize that i am speaking to AS people, and try my best to be as concrete as i possibly can, since we all live in our own heads.

Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2006, 06:36:41 AM »
That is why its a minor annoyance, people were dealt unfair cards.  I have compassion.  I most have lost compassion there. I told you I know when people are doing AS things.  I took the herbs and it maid me hyper all day.  Simple liver and kidney stimulants.  They mess me up,  I can calm down and gain my compassion back though, which is what I should have done there.  I did it after though, a postive visualization exercise. I exercised that morning too, just to calm down.  It helped untill I did tea binge, 10 cups.  I was nutty the whole day, untill today.  I feal really great.  I can only assume that was a detox reaction.  The detox reactions make me irritable also. I have been telling my psychiatrist and clinical social worker about this, and I told them I don;t have bipolar. The detox reactions make me look bipolar.  They just won;t listen, they don;t see what I see.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2006, 06:40:04 AM »
Oh good, Nomaken wants to help each other, sounds fine with me.  That is what I have been wanting to hear.

Spread your legs woman!