Educational

Author Topic: World Council Discussion  (Read 6687 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: World Council Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 06:49:23 AM »
i'd threaten to wipe it off your face, but you'd only make a mess on your chair:P

fixed.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 06:52:13 AM »
i'd threaten to wipe it off your face, but you'd only make a mess on your chair:P

fixed.
well, it's fixed now.

i put on some undies.
i had just gotten out of the shower, and, well, i wanted to see what was happening on the board.
ya know?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »
Catkiller - I've been concerned about the issue you're talking about since day one here (technically, before day one). It's why I've taken such a hardline stance here against things like the formation of the forum for people with real problems. Also why I voted against the deletion of Atomika's posts, even though I wasn't around during the peak of the problem to really argue a case for my vote.

I agree with whoever it was that said we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. I also agree with Catkiller that it's really important to be vigilant. I've seen takeovers far more insidiously than that officious bullcrap of MrMark's, and even used some of the same techniques myself when I was trying to get established at WrongPlanet a couple years ago.

The biggest forum drama messes happen when all the people in power have their emotions invested and clouding their judgement. (I can back this up with plenty of familiar examples if anyone cares.) So the system needs to be set up in such a way that there is always somebody likely to be uninvolved enough to be objective. We're already doing it to a degree by having the two webmasters, the admin who's not likely to be power hungry, and the world council for voting. But yeah - we do need to be careful.

Heck, maybe the constant influx of disgruntled WP members is a good thing, because it means some people will always have frustration over misuse of power forefront in their thoughts. Good for vigilance.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Scrapheap

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 01:33:25 PM »
Catkiller - I've been concerned about the issue you're talking about since day one here (technically, before day one). It's why I've taken such a hardline stance here against things like the formation of the forum for people with real problems. Also why I voted against the deletion of Atomika's posts, even though I wasn't around during the peak of the problem to really argue a case for my vote.

I agree with whoever it was that said we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. I also agree with Catkiller that it's really important to be vigilant. I've seen takeovers far more insidiously than that officious bullcrap of MrMark's, and even used some of the same techniques myself when I was trying to get established at WrongPlanet a couple years ago.

The biggest forum drama messes happen when all the people in power have their emotions invested and clouding their judgement. (I can back this up with plenty of familiar examples if anyone cares.) So the system needs to be set up in such a way that there is always somebody likely to be uninvolved enough to be objective. We're already doing it to a degree by having the two webmasters, the admin who's not likely to be power hungry, and the world council for voting. But yeah - we do need to be careful.

Heck, maybe the constant influx of disgruntled WP members is a good thing, because it means some people will always have frustration over misuse of power forefront in their thoughts. Good for vigilance.

QFT  :agreed: :plus:

richard

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 01:34:04 PM »
quality fucking thought

Scrapheap

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 01:47:41 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I just caught MrsMark lurking on this thread!!!  :laugh:

richard

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 01:48:28 PM »
dude hes obviously snooping and reporting back to the boy king what hes seen

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 01:53:51 PM »

the straightforward approach leaves one with alot less explaining afterwards.  eh?
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 01:56:21 PM »
without ads here and money being generated, then what would the motivation be for someone to want to take over.

i have found that greed and power are the two most basic reasons.

so minus the greed then all you have is the power.
who, here could be controlled.  none, i think.
Misunderstood.

richard

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2007, 01:58:48 PM »
well you certainly were on a little power trip when you modded

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »
the straightforward approach leaves one with alot less explaining afterwards.  eh?

That, and current IRL circumstances have made me really fucking sick of bullshit. So yeah I'm power hungry (when I can be arsed) and yeah I'm one of the people that needs to be controlled and compensated for.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2007, 02:13:49 PM »
well you certainly were on a little power trip when you modded
you have that backwards.

you were on the power trip and i was simply counteracting it.

locking threads is cowardly and an infringement on the rights of others.

start a poll, ask people who was on the power trip?
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2007, 02:16:25 PM »

That, and current IRL circumstances have made me really fucking sick of bullshit. So yeah I'm power hungry (when I can be arsed) and yeah I'm one of the people that needs to be controlled and compensated for.
smooth.

and, we don't ban, so what influence can any one person have.

besides the cult of personality coming from the strongest posters.
Misunderstood.

richard

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »
well as you know i dont start polls, but you defintly were on a power trip. thats why you unlocked my calling out myself thread you were so power hungry you thought every thread even ones where i was talking to myself were "an infridgement of yer rights" give me a break.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2007, 02:21:22 PM »
and, we don't ban, so what influence can any one person have.

besides the cult of personality coming from the strongest posters.

Atomika was IP banned.

I don't have the time or energy to project my personality strongly enough to cause any serious damage to this site.