Author Topic: Workplace woes? Balance them out  (Read 773 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Workplace woes? Balance them out
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 06:15:42 AM »
so this thread was about discussing the benefits of your job.

i can go on for hours.  maybe later.

Well start off- what are some of things you personally like about it?
the freedom.

i work when i feel like it.  i don't get paid if i don't pick up a job, but if i wake up and don't feel like working then i just stay home.

for instance:  a couple years ago i decided to learn how to do manly things.  i decided that i wanted to learn to do home repairs.

so i didn't bother showing up for work for a few months.  instead i bought books and tore up my kitchen.  i repiped my whole house.  i rewired my whole house.  installed cabinets and tile, drywall etc.  now i know how.

the best part of my job is the freedom.  i took a few months off and when i decided to come back i did and started back up, right where i left off.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 07:23:19 AM »

It is a rare job that waits for you. Don't let it go.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 11:07:25 AM »
another thing about my job is, well, the freedom.

if i am not on a comeback, then i check in by phone at the dispatch hall.
then i go down there and choose one of a several hundred job categories at about 3 dozen seperate companies.
if i get there and don't like it, then i can always call a replacement.  but i usually enjoy the money more than a crappy day of work, so i never reep out.
Misunderstood.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 05:31:05 PM »
I work on a farm for $10 an hour It's summer right now and its hot as fuck in the middle of the field.
i like it though the pay is pretty fair it's higher than minimum wage the people i work with have a scene of humor
the guy who owns the farm constantly farts while he works and he says "It's farm life, get used to it, you should see that cow over there."
Yes and theres a very cute steer. A steer is a male cow with no balls. He's very nice and cute, he longs for attention and moo's while i'm working.

I have another job where I sweep up garbage theres like a million cigarette butts everywhere and people in their cars get angry and impatient at me when I am doing great service at minimum wage. The shop owners like it because part of my job is to sweep in front of stores they smile and tell me how much they appreciate it, one guy who owns the sushi place gave me a can of manderan orange juice he said "Here your working hard, you deserve it, have a drink on me" Thats the good part but it it sucks because it's summer right now and the cars and impatient people have increased because where I live is a popular tourist town and the fat people in ugly fuck clothes throw around all the shit they feel like. They are lucky that New-Age Hippie people like me don't believe in violence otherwise all the country bumpkin people I know, we would gang up and ride tractors and throw shit at them literally and drive them over for treating our only planet like a trash can. The tourists have an attitude like "Oh we don't live here, putting garbage in the trashcan won't benefit us anyways some smelly lice infested hippie will clean it up for us" ASSHOLES!
Park.