Author Topic: Workplace woes? Balance them out  (Read 768 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Workplace woes? Balance them out
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:40:39 PM »
I'm sure many people can name what sucks about their job, I mean, it's a job afterall. You get paid for it because no-one in their right mind would do it for free. What would one expect?

However

What do you LIKE about your job? Even if it's just that tiny little thing that makes it worthwhile more often or not?

richard

Re: Workplace woes? Balance them out
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:52:19 PM »
the only work i have to do is about at the end of the month

Scrapheap

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:56:06 PM »
If money wasn't an issue, I'd still do my job, except I'd do it for me instead of someone else.

I'm blessed to be doing work I enjoy.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 10:02:45 PM »
As much as my job really isn't very cool, I like the fact that I get along with pretty much everyone, meet heaps of new people (A large business with a high turnover of staff), and have loads of laughs.

Scrapheap

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »
As much as my job really isn't very cool, I like the fact that I get along with pretty much everyone, meet heaps of new people (A large business with a high turnover of staff), and have loads of laughs.

A high turnover rate is usually a bad sign, unless that's the norm in your industry.

What kind of work do you do??  What does your company do??

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 10:16:46 PM »

A high turnover rate is usually a bad sign, unless that's the norm in your industry.

Yeah, I know. It's a really shit job, no-one wants to stay - It's the norm there. But knowing cool people for a short time, then meeting more is always a plus. I'm waitressing part time at the moment while I study.

richard

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 10:20:34 PM »
the only work i have to do is about at the end of the month
and thats walking out to the mailbox/ hell yeah i got it maid!!
 :-*

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 10:22:08 PM »

Yeah, I know. It's a really shit job, no-one wants to stay - It's the norm there. But knowing cool people for a short time, then meeting more is always a plus. I'm waitressing part time at the moment while I study.

Waiting tables has a high turnover rate, just the nature of the beast. It's an OK job when you're in your 20's. Don't be like my older brother and still be doing it when you're 40 though.  ;) :laugh:

Oh, and one more thing. Don't be like your co-workers and blow all your money going out to bars. Thats what my brother did. He's 43 and lives paycheck to paycheck.  :-\

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »

Waiting tables has a high turnover rate, just the nature of the beast. It's an OK job when you're in your 20's. Don't be like my older brother and still be doing it when you're 40 though.  ;) :laugh:

Oh, and one more thing. Don't be like your co-workers and blow all your money going out to bars. Thats what my brother did. He's 43 and lives paycheck to paycheck.
  :-\

:LMAO:

Did you mean to sound so much like a parent then?   ;)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 10:24:46 PM »

Oh, and one more thing. Don't be like your co-workers and blow all your money going out to bars. Thats what my brother did. He's 43 and lives paycheck to paycheck.  :-\

Luckily i'm not much of a fan of the taste of ethanol. My co-workers smoke and go to the pub lots, but I'm sweet with that. I might have a few drinks, then just have splits rather than spirits.

richard

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »
everyones fucking jelouse

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 10:26:37 PM »
Sometimes it's more fun when you go out and are the sober girl.

richard

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »
:)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 10:28:16 PM »

It is a laugh  ;), and I'm happy to drive 'em all home if I haven't been on the turps myself.

Scrapheap

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 10:32:44 PM »
:LMAO:

Did you mean to sound so much like a parent then?   ;)

I've had to be a parent to my older (8 years) brother for about a dedcade now. I had a girlfriend who was in the F&B Industry and currently have a fuckbuddy in the F&B industry. I know what these people are like. They blow all their tip money in bars.

To answer your question........ yes.