Educational

Author Topic: Ask Peter anything  (Read 34841 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Ask Peter anything
« Reply #525 on: August 14, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »
Do you think that being selfish of oneself guarantees a better chance at finding happiness than to act selfless towards others?

Either could make you happy or unhappy.  If you're so selfish that everyone hates you or so selfless that you're everyone's doormat, life isn't going to work out too well for you.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

le travesti angelique

« Reply #526 on: August 14, 2006, 12:39:23 PM »
Do you think that being selfish of oneself guarantees a better chance at finding happiness than to act selfless towards others?

Either could make you happy or unhappy.  If you're so selfish that everyone hates you or so selfless that you're everyone's doormat, life isn't going to work out too well for you.

What a neutral response.

le travesti angelique

« Reply #527 on: August 18, 2006, 06:29:38 AM »
What can you say about the large influx of foreign people coming over into this country (the UK overall)? Do you feel rather xenophobic about it, or do you think it's a good thing?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #528 on: August 18, 2006, 09:13:59 AM »
do you still eat that hippie goop? :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #529 on: August 18, 2006, 10:49:42 AM »
What can you say about the large influx of foreign people coming over into this country (the UK overall)? Do you feel rather xenophobic about it, or do you think it's a good thing?

I don't really have much direct experience of the current wave of immigration to the UK; it's not really noticable in Glasgow.  Up here, the non-native ethnic groups tend to be 2nd or 3rd generation Indians and Pakistanis, some Chinese and miscellaneous Arabs.  They all seem to have settled in very well; the first generation opening small shops and restraunts and whatever else they could make a living at, and then sending their kids on to higher education and careers.

Thus, foreigners aren't inherently bad, however the current wave of immigration is rather different to those past waves that integrated so well.  Instead of economic migrants that are coming over to work, even being encouraged to do so due to post-war labour shortages, the current wave is composed more of assylum seekers from some of the most ass-backwards, war-torn, traumatised regions on the planet, with no jobs to take when they get here and just the monotony of benefits and crime-ridden housing estates awaiting them.  With a strong cultural identity, a distrust of authorities (who could stop their benefits or deport them) and no legitimate livelihoods available to them, the stage is all set for the formation of gangs, ghettos and rampant crime.

My ex has a more direct experience of it than I do.  She lives in Sodertalje, Sweden, and it's become the crime capital of the country, with 40% of the population being immigrants from Turkey, Syria, Russia and probably just about every other shithole you could think of.  The police no longer control the town; they arrested a couple of Syrians about 5 years ago, and the result was that a hundred or so other Syrians rioted and shot at the police station until they let them go.  There's also a complete lack of respect for the existing laws and customs of Sweden, as evidenced by a native Swedish girl who was attacked for not wearing a Hajib in a muslim area of the town.

Anyway, the grand ideal of the melting pot seems a huge flop, and the salad bowl is a more apt analogy, though a salad bowl in which the tomato shoots the lettuce for not worshiping the right god, and the cucumber routinely stabs other cucumbers from cavorting with the cress, then gets upset when the olives come to arrest them.  It can work out when the conditions are right for it, but throw a bunch of radically different groups together, who've come from regions where the same groups were killing each other, and you just end up with a new, miniture version of that warzone.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #530 on: August 18, 2006, 10:51:39 AM »
do you still eat that hippie goop? :P

Yes, and my anus is burning as I write this from all the chillies I put in it.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #531 on: August 18, 2006, 11:01:42 AM »
+1 for the hilarious salad bowl analogy. :laugh:

i certainly hope you didn't shove those chillies up your man-cunt.

did you?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

le travesti angelique

« Reply #532 on: August 18, 2006, 11:22:46 AM »
Agreed. +1

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #533 on: August 18, 2006, 11:29:12 AM »
+1 for the hilarious salad bowl analogy. :laugh:

i certainly hope you didn't shove those chillies up your man-cunt.

did you?

No, they went down, not up.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #534 on: August 18, 2006, 11:55:34 AM »
will you count how many times you masturbate starting today and track that number for an entire week and post the results?
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #535 on: August 18, 2006, 02:23:29 PM »
...but throw a bunch of radically different groups together...

don't you mean "radishly"?

:angel:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #536 on: August 18, 2006, 05:38:01 PM »
boy... what a great question, McJ. good thing you're a math genius, eh Peter?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #537 on: August 24, 2006, 06:20:59 AM »
will you count how many times you masturbate starting today and track that number for an entire week and post the results?

almost been one week.
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #538 on: August 24, 2006, 07:35:07 AM »

almost been one week.

And I've been keeping a tally

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #539 on: August 24, 2006, 08:13:40 AM »
yippie.

who do you think i should ask the same question of next?
Misunderstood.