Educational

Author Topic: Ask Peter anything  (Read 34873 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Ask Peter anything
« Reply #435 on: June 26, 2006, 10:55:40 PM »
its beautiful.

i'm gonna start crying.

although i am going on my third drinkypoo right now, BRB.
Misunderstood.

Triste

« Reply #436 on: June 28, 2006, 04:15:28 PM »
How did you first find out about AS?
How old were you at the time?

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2006, 08:41:16 AM »
Would you work out naked for your girlfriend?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2006, 06:38:27 PM »
Religion: apathetic, agnostic, atheist, believer?
Do you believe in a higher power?
If so what made you believe in it, what form do you think it takes, what makes you believe it takes that particular form?
If not, how do you feel about the people who do believe, whats your general attitude towards them?
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #439 on: June 30, 2006, 02:02:48 AM »
How did you first find out about AS?
How old were you at the time?

My mum told me she thought I might have it and gave me some books on it when I was 20.  Stuff clicked.  I found out later that she and my GP had discussed it previously but had never said anything to me, so I was a bit annoyed about that.  Partly as a result of the late diagnosis, I got ill from chronic stress overload and had to leave university at about the same time as the diagnosis.  I'm just now getting over that, 2 years on, and it could have been prevented if more support had been available.

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #440 on: June 30, 2006, 02:03:17 AM »
Would you work out naked for your girlfriend?

Sure.  I usually work out naked anyway; saves on washing.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #441 on: June 30, 2006, 02:16:07 AM »
Religion: apathetic, agnostic, atheist, believer?
Do you believe in a higher power?
If so what made you believe in it, what form do you think it takes, what makes you believe it takes that particular form?
If not, how do you feel about the people who do believe, whats your general attitude towards them?

Strong atheist.  I believe that anything I would be willing to accept as God (omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent) is logically impossible, and anything that falls short of those three attributes would simply be a super-powerful alien entity thingy, even if it happened to have created our local universe. 

I used to believe absolutely in a christian god and heaven and so on, since that's how I was brought up, but as I got older, I started finding holes and inconsitencies in that belief-set, and became a pretty firm atheist by the time I was 9 or so.

My attitude to believers varies depending on the person.  Some can be incredibly arrogant and judgemental, some are away in lala land with their wishful thinking, some haven't really given any thought to their beliefs and just follow the majority, and often have glaring inconsitencies in their beliefs that you could drive a truck through, but which they're completely blind to, some have very well thought out, internally consistent beliefs that nonetheless completely fail to find common ground with my own understanding of reality, some swear they can do magic, but that it would be an insult to the divine to test their abilities under controlled conditions and so on.  There's too much variety to have a single attitude to believers in general.  Some I'm fine with, others I want to slap some sense into.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #442 on: June 30, 2006, 02:22:15 AM »
How do You see Me with the religious questions?
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2006, 02:40:56 AM »
How do You see Me with the religious questions?

I don't know enough about your beliefs to have much of an opinion on you based on them.  You say you believe that the universe was created by a spiritual form, but that doesn't really tell me much.  How old do you believe the universe is?  Would this spiritual entity operate within physical bounds?  Would it have it's own internal physics of operation?  Does it continue to influence human affairs?  What evidence do you have for any of this?  Is it just wishful thinking that you've pulled out of your arse, or is it actually based on something?  (And no, saying it's based on the bible will not impress me).

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2006, 03:00:03 AM »
Do You think the universe came from nothing into something? I do believe in a Intelligent Designer that created the universe does that help You with Your questions?
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2006, 03:08:52 AM »
Do You think the universe came from nothing into something? I do believe in a Intelligent Designer that created the universe does that help You with Your questions?

It's still very vague.  Could you expand on it a bit?

I have no idea how the universe got kicked off.  Even going all the way down to string theory doesn't answer the fundamental 'first mover' question, and using a god as a first mover doesn't solve the paradox either, since then you need something to have started god.  Until there's evidence to the contrary, I'll assume that the universe started via natural causes, since it's the simplest explanation that fits the data.  Adding a god or 20 to the process doesn't improve things at all.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #446 on: June 30, 2006, 03:13:32 AM »
Okay how was this universe started by natural causes if not by god then?
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #447 on: June 30, 2006, 03:24:58 AM »
How was the universe started by God?  Can you tell me how adding God to the mix helps to make a more complete and predictive theory of universe formation?  I don't know how the universe started; I accept that I don't know and may never know, and I don't turn to goddidit for an explanation.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #448 on: June 30, 2006, 06:17:56 AM »
What is your favorite color?

What was your first word? It is not allways the usual, that is why I am asking.  This is especially true with AS, no offense, my first word was not mom or dad either.  It was more complex.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #449 on: June 30, 2006, 06:23:34 AM »
What is your favorite color?

The special bluish turquoise that you get on certain conifers.  The more blue the better.

What was your first word? It is not allways the usual, that is why I am asking.  This is especially true with AS, no offense, my first word was not mom or dad either.  It was more complex.

I've no idea what my first word was.