Educational

Author Topic: Alex, you're next...  (Read 11212 times)

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
Re: Alex, you're next...
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2007, 11:20:28 AM »
Thanks - I'll keep that in mind.  Starbuline is the only one that I really talk to - there have been a few others in the past that I haven't really been that friendly with personally, but I know that they were well-liked.  From what I did see of them, they were good community members. 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2007, 11:38:34 AM »
Thanks - I'll keep that in mind.  Starbuline is the only one that I really talk to - there have been a few others in the past that I haven't really been that friendly with personally, but I know that they were well-liked.  From what I did see of them, they were good community members. 
is it against the TOS to post a link to OTS at WP?
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2007, 12:20:48 PM »
Probably. Starting OTS was the real catalyst behind banning Mockingbird, Lucifer, Ghotistix, me, etc in the first place. He seriously lost the plot about it.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
i wasn't banned due to OTS, was i?  to be honest, i can't remember exactly why i was banned.  but i thought it was before the OTS thing.    ???  oh well - do i care?

Offline Janicka

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2007, 01:25:52 PM »
Probably. Starting OTS was the real catalyst behind banning Mockingbird, Lucifer, Ghotistix, me, etc in the first place. He seriously lost the plot about it.

Did you start that site, Dunc? 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2007, 01:26:32 PM »
I wish we could get more members through means other than alex occasionally letting his mask crack and a couple of people coming over here amazed we werent just talking out of our asses when we said alex is a manipulative, selfish, impulsive asshole.

Yes, but this method ensures a certain type of crowd.  We don't want people to come on here who haven't had their spirits broken yet; if someone came here under happy circumstances they might not put up with our flaming honesty.

That's just another example of why I don't fit any of the molds. I was happy to have found this place. Of course, my spirit had been broken, crushed, re-constituted, re-shaped, re-turned and re-fired a number of times, already.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »
i wasn't banned due to OTS, was i?  to be honest, i can't remember exactly why i was banned.  but i thought it was before the OTS thing.    ???  oh well - do i care?

It was prior to OTS going public, when he was reading PMs and caught you expressing to someone (Jman?) the opinion that WP was going to hell in a handbasket, if I remember rightly. The same week, OTS went live - I'm a bit hazy as to which happened first to be honest.

Did you start that site, Dunc? 

No, it was started by two friends of ours, Mockingbird (who owns the place) and Ghotistix (who built it and does the webmastering/site programming). Me and Lucifer offered to be mods for the new site, which I still am along with Odeon. Its a nice quiet little site, kind of the the yin to Intensity's yang.  ;)

Offline Janicka

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »
Thanks, Dunc.  I can't be arsed to join another forum right now, but I shall let Sophie (Starbuline) know about it.  She did tell me about another pharming forum she joined, which I definitely will NOT be joining, because I'm trying to get my own drug use under control. 

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »
Mockingbird's cool, she should join intensity.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2007, 03:38:12 AM »
Mockingbird's cool, she should join intensity.

:agreed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2007, 04:21:45 AM »
I'm not sure if she'd enjoy it here, but she's definitely invited.  8)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2007, 04:24:06 AM »
I'm not sure if she'd enjoy it here, but she's definitely invited.  8)

goomh!  yes, i agree absolutely.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2007, 05:28:55 AM »

We only treat you to a constant barrage of insults because we wuv yoo.

I'm fairly convinced that you're the only one,
AND you're delusional about your own
feelings.
What do I think my feelings are, what are my feelings really, and what is the fifty-fourth digit of pi?

I don't know about the first two, but 7.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2007, 06:35:41 AM »

It was prior to OTS going public, when he was reading PMs and caught you expressing to someone (Jman?) the opinion that WP was going to hell in a handbasket, if I remember rightly. The same week, OTS went live - I'm a bit hazy as to which happened first to be honest.

I'm hazy too, although I'm 100% sure that OTS gleaned a good deal of its members from reactins to Alex's Alexness during that time.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2007, 07:08:06 AM »

I'm hazy too, although I'm 100% sure that OTS gleaned a good deal of its members from reactins to Alex's Alexness during that time.

Well, we had a forum dedicated to WP talk then. Lots of people went there to get stuff off their chests.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein