Author Topic: Ask Nomaken anything  (Read 19229 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Ask Nomaken anything
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »
hey, you've got theshaggy look also.

where you a big fan of scooby-doo growing up?
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2006, 04:25:51 AM »
Rood one Raggy!! Ree-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »
What's your favorite region of the brain?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

peegai

« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »
You have nice eyes.

And so you will shag him?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »
I liked scooby doo as kind of a last resort, it had a simple formula, kind of like looney toons except shittier, which I could enjoy(like just above tolerate) until something better came on.
The fact that I have the shaggy look has mostly to do with the fact that I don't care how I look.  Although I do think i'm far more attractive when I have my head almost totally shaved, and when my beard is just starting to grow back (it is an odd effect, all my friends agreed I looked good with it even though all of them including me expected it to look horrible).  I don't plan to pay attention to my sex appeal until I got a good reason to.

I don't exactly have a favorite region of the brain.  I am interested in the brain in general so that I can come to understand humanity, and cognition and shit, but also and more recently because I plan to use my understanding of it to try and create AI.
If i was just looking to get a better understanding of humanity and cognition I can settle for just getting a sense of what all the parts do and how them doing that might cause humans to work, but if i'm gonna create AI I gotta understand exactly how all the parts work if I am to ever hope to be able to replicate it, so in a sense my current favorite parts of the brain are the parts I know the least about.  Those parts are the frontal lobe and memory(which isn't so much an area as a function).  I got this feeling I might be able to create a working memory engine with the ideas I already have that even if they aren't how the human brain works, I think will serve their purpose.  The frontal lobe I know next to nothing about.  I know about as much about it as wikipedia does.  Which must mean I'm not understanding a lot.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2006, 09:34:39 PM »
You have nice eyes.

And so you will shag him?

It was just an observation.  ::)

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »
Can you sow?

Been any where special? (grand canyon etc)
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2006, 01:09:18 AM »
blimey, nomaken, you look remarkably like TAFKASH (from WP, you may remember him).

and QC's bang on - v nice eyes indeed.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
Thank you both with the comment about my eyes... I may have body dysmorphia then.  I'd be satisfied to know humans are supposed to look as greasy, and misshapen as me and the only reason I'm not seeing that in other people is that i'm not looking closely enough, but i haven't gotten close enough to other people to test this.

Well I can put a needle with some thread through and around many objects(including the upper layer of skin) but it might not resemble anything but a car crash once i tighten it.

And the most special place i've been to is between this christmas tree and a box.  I managed to bend my body in such a way that NOBODY suspected that I could fit in that place during that hide and seek match.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2006, 08:29:06 AM »
What was or is you favorite television commericial?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2006, 05:27:13 PM »
My favorite real comercial was Herding Cats, a comercial played during some superbowl.  My favorite fake comercial would probably be located in the movie Crazy People with dudley moore.

Or it could be this:  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1419635484576739854&q=crunch+sound

Because it is just plain fucked up and I really respect marketing companies when they do something fucked up like this.

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »
What do you do when you need to stimulate your creativity?

How many spiders have you tried to have sex with in the past week?
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »

Read books I disagree with, drink alcohol, drink robitussin, smoke a joint.

That is going from most often and likely to occur to least often and likely to occur, with reading a book i disagree with towering in at over 96% of the usage.

I didnt make any passes at any spiders but they might have made a pass at me, or tried to rape me, im not real sure.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »
I saw this article and thought you might think it was interesting too:

Do you think this is cool? 

http://www.sabcnews.com/world/asia1pacific/0,2172,132733,00.html

Scientists unveil female robot

August 09, 2006, 17:30

A group of Chinese scientists completed their work last week on a new robot named Miss Rong Cheng. The robot's designers say she is equipped with cutting-edge technology in human-to-robot interaction and responds to human voices.

The robot is designed to look like a woman and it is programmed to speak Mandarin as well as a Sichuan dialect because she will be sent to the Sichuan Science Museum in Chengdu to act as a receptionist and tour guide.

"Our institute has been making great efforts in developing voice recognition system for many years ... Meanwhile, the voice recognition function can make the communication between humans and robots more natural and personal, which highlights the progress we have achieved in making our robots more human-like", Yue Hongqiang, the robot's designer, said.

Robot to be sold to hotels, entertainment outlets
The cost of this project is $37 500 and besides dancing and greeting, the 168cm, 60kg "beauty" responds to 500 to 1 000 commands in Mandarin. It took around a year for the scientists to finish this first human simulation robot in China.

The designers hope to sell the robots next year to customers such as hotels and entertainment outlets. The most advanced robot in the world is sleek-looking Asimo, produced by Japanese auto-maker Honda. Asimo, who can walk at a speed of one mile per hour and climb up and down stairs, costs roughly $1 million. - Reuters

Here is a link to another article about Miss Rong Cheng:

http://english.people.com.cn/200608/05/eng20060805_290091.html

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2006, 12:02:02 PM »
But does it have a vibrating rubber pussy?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?