Author Topic: Ask Nomaken anything  (Read 19231 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Nomaken anything
« Reply #465 on: January 15, 2007, 06:06:52 PM »
Try to see and feel what it is you really want.  Think about your end goal.  Where you ultimately want to be.  And try to feel, seriously feel how much you want it.  If you don't want it enough you WONT be able to rationalize the stuff you need to do to get there as worth it.  If the thing you see at the end of the road doesn't seem to be worth doing what you need to do now to get there, and yet you are bothered that you feel trapped by your lack of motivation, then maybe you don't really know what you want in the end.
Don't listen to what others tell you you want.  Listen to what you really want, and you are allowed to think of it, because nobody can hear what is inside your head.
And if it turns out you really want nothing, don't feel bad about that.  There is no standardized criteria for living life the right way.  If you want to do nothing, if you can be happy doing nothing, then you are blessed.

Overall, the key to getting shit done now, that indirectly helps you to get where you want to go in the end, is to try and FEEL, not just know, but FEEL how much you want the thing at the end.  Feel how good it would be to get it.  Then the things you need to do now don't seem like that bad of a trade.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #466 on: January 15, 2007, 06:18:55 PM »
If you don't want it enough you WONT be able to rationalize the stuff you need to do to get there as worth it.  If the thing you see at the end of the road doesn't seem to be worth doing what you need to do now to get there, and yet you are bothered that you feel trapped by your lack of motivation, then maybe you don't really know what you want in the end.

I don't want anything enough to work hard for it, and I feel trapped by my own lack of desire.  Any time I think about doing something, I can't imagine how I'd gain any pleasure from it, and when I decide to do it anyway, I'm almost always proven right, and wish I hadn't bothered.  Even when things do work out, it's on the order of 'so-so', rather than 'woohoo', or even 'nice'.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2007, 06:23:55 PM »
Then I suggest either looking for something that you feel worth going after(try not to get discouraged early, it may be a long search), or working to feel okay about not wanting anything- which generally in this culture is something you really DO need to work at.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2007, 06:31:37 PM »
Then I suggest either looking for something that you feel worth going after(try not to get discouraged early, it may be a long search), or working to feel okay about not wanting anything- which generally in this culture is something you really DO need to work at.

Isn't there a motivation pill I can take?   :(
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2007, 06:48:22 PM »
Yes, but if you take it too often it will destroy your heart and make you go insane.  Speed, of various strengths.  Now most of the time the advice to take speed is not serious since of the mentioned ill affects, but there is legal speed(such as many ADD medications) available which doesnt do either(most of the time), so it is possible to take a certain amount, at a certain rate and neither die nor go insane, but I don't know exactly what that amount is.

Personally, i suggest you take a large amount of dextromethorphan, it is a drug useful for soul searching.  It may help you to decide what you really want.  Large amounts are like 500 mg's of it.  To figure out how many mg's are in a bottle, check the back, it will tell you how many mg's are in each ml, and the size of the bottle will be listed in ml's.  Stay away from stuff with acetaminophen in it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:51:32 PM by Nomaken »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2007, 07:54:58 PM »
Do you have any advice for someone with low motivation who wants to be more motivated?

a cattle prod!
Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2007, 08:28:32 PM »
Do you have any advice for someone with low motivation who wants to be more motivated?

Low at sexy videos,  Nomaken, was that funny?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #472 on: January 15, 2007, 08:32:09 PM »
Inherently, I dont know, personally i didnt find it funny.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #473 on: January 15, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »
Shit, it was look at sexy videos, is that better?

Did you understand the joke?

So, what should go on a pizza?  Considering you are the antifuck, your answers have the potential to be quite intresting.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #474 on: January 15, 2007, 08:39:48 PM »
Pretty sure I got the joke, but it didn't amuse me.  And my anti-fuck title was voted on, no abilities have been granted by being given the title.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #475 on: January 15, 2007, 08:57:23 PM »
You actual answer to the question would have been intresting.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #476 on: January 15, 2007, 09:59:57 PM »
I prefer plain cheese.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2007, 09:41:39 PM »
What do you think of this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2007, 10:15:31 PM »
Nomaken, i agree about speed being good for soul searching, i used to take Dextroamphetamine and i used the energy to find answers to my spiritual questions.

then i got tired of the thinking and stopped, and that was good, but now i just feel energyless and stuck, too scattered to focus. i'm thinking maybe i should go back on the meds but getting them in a new country might be hard.

anyway since this is ask nomaken thread, what should i do? :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2007, 10:22:11 PM »
Nomaken, i agree about speed being good for soul searching, i used to take Dextroamphetamine and i used the energy to find answers to my spiritual questions.

then i got tired of the thinking and stopped, and that was good, but now i just feel energyless and stuck, too scattered to focus. i'm thinking maybe i should go back on the meds but getting them in a new country might be hard.

anyway since this is ask nomaken thread, what should i do? :P

do you have ADD, Milla?
Misunderstood.