Author Topic: Interrogate PMS Elle!  (Read 65473 times)

Binty

Re: Interrogate PMS Elle!
« Reply #2250 on: October 30, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
I want to binge on mints (emo)

I wrote a post here but I don't want to get too personal (again) on these boards.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2251 on: October 30, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »
Is  your right foot or left foot bigger?

Right boob or left boob bigger?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2252 on: October 30, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »
and if you're not too sure, would you like to post a photo so we can judge for you?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2253 on: October 30, 2011, 06:44:09 PM »
do you like Kings of leon or Blind Pilot?

Do you like Eminem?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2254 on: October 31, 2011, 08:42:10 AM »
Theodore Million proposed a subtype, called the " passive aggressive avoidant" or " avoidant borderline " where indeed these 2 seemingly polar opposite PDs come together. It's pretty rare, and most of the people were neglected as children. They avoid relationships at all costs unless they are absolutely certain they will not be rejected but then can have the same issues as borderlines maintaining those relationships.

I know Elle is a therapist, but not too many people besides psychiatrists keep up with all this. I dont have any training of course, but I've spent years studying personality disorders. Lets just say it's a , family , hobby.

And, I hope you enjoyed the cheesecake and it tastes better than the "tub of loneliness ":D
It was yummier than the tub of loneliness.

And, I'm not too sure it's all that rare a combo tbh.  I think it depends on the population you're looking at, and also how exacting you're being in slapping labels on people.  I'm thinking both of people I've worked with and, ot some extent, people I've known who definitely have borderline traits, but also pretty severe social anxity/avoidance of social situations where there's anyone potentially threatening (especially, anyone "new").  I think staying in the same basic geographic area during most or all of one's life makes these diagnoses actually quite compatible (ex. will be social with a select few people, but has made virtually no new friends since high school- last arena of forced socialization- has no desire to, is extremely socially avoidant beyond the extremely familiar, but is quit volitile in these familiar relationships).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2255 on: October 31, 2011, 08:48:51 AM »
do you like Kings of leon or Blind Pilot?

Do you like Eminem?
King of Leon are kinda meh.  Don't think I've heard any blind pilot before looking them up quickly on youtube (nothing grabbed me on a very brief look).  Yes, I like eminem.

Is  your right foot or left foot bigger?

Right boob or left boob bigger?
In each case, one's prolly slightly bigger than the other, but not enough that I've noticed.
I want to binge on mints (emo)

I wrote a post here but I don't want to get too personal (again) on these boards.
Where on here?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2256 on: October 31, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »
I think staying in the same basic geographic area during most or all of one's life makes these diagnoses actually quite compatible (ex. will be social with a select few people, but has made virtually no new friends since high school- last arena of forced socialization- has no desire to, is extremely socially avoidant beyond the extremely familiar, but is quit volitile in these familiar relationships).

Interesting category. I wonder how many people several hundred years ago, while the population density was still relatively low, would be considered to have a personality disorder today.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Psychophant

« Reply #2257 on: October 31, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
Either that or hanged as a witch!   :witch:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2258 on: October 31, 2011, 08:01:30 PM »
I think staying in the same basic geographic area during most or all of one's life makes these diagnoses actually quite compatible (ex. will be social with a select few people, but has made virtually no new friends since high school- last arena of forced socialization- has no desire to, is extremely socially avoidant beyond the extremely familiar, but is quit volitile in these familiar relationships).

Interesting category. I wonder how many people several hundred years ago, while the population density was still relatively low, would be considered to have a personality disorder today.
Well, it's a "category" or phenomenon you'll notice more depending on the type of place you live and work.  Not sure how common it is cross-population, but it does seem to happen in the depressed little part of Americana I have the joy of frequent contact with.

I think comparing people then to now in that sense would in some senses be comparing apples to oranges.  Different values and traits are important in different environments.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2259 on: October 31, 2011, 09:04:39 PM »
I was diagnosed with schizoid PD years ago and then a couple of years ago was told I had dependent traits (related to dependent PD). That is a combination I can't figure out.

I have a question: Did you have to do any experiment participation as part of getting your psych degree at your uni?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2260 on: November 01, 2011, 04:59:56 AM »
I was diagnosed with schizoid PD years ago and then a couple of years ago was told I had dependent traits (related to dependent PD). That is a combination I can't figure out.

I have a question: Did you have to do any experiment participation as part of getting your psych degree at your uni?
It was never required, but we often had the option to fill out surveys for people's research projects in-class, and there were always studies being run you could sign up to attend (I was always too lazy).  I also conducted an experiment as a part of my undergrad thesis, but the thesis was optional as well.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2261 on: November 01, 2011, 08:32:04 AM »
I have Avoidant Personality Disorder but the doctor said that's common with OCD people. and I already knew I had that from when I was researching what was wrong with me as a teenager

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2262 on: November 01, 2011, 08:54:17 PM »
Common with OCDers because of avoiding the things that trigger the symptoms? I think that is understandable.

It was never required, but we often had the option to fill out surveys for people's research projects in-class, and there were always studies being run you could sign up to attend (I was always too lazy).  I also conducted an experiment as a part of my undergrad thesis, but the thesis was optional as well.
Different from where I go to uni, for psychology students it is required that we do 15 hours of research participation before we enter the fourth year. I am listed on the computer system as having done 17 hours but really I have done 26. Stupid people not giving me my hours after I have done them, grr. One experiment I had to turn up three times for it and I never got my hours even though I emailed the experimenter about it.

Am curious to know what your undergrad thesis experiment was?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2263 on: November 02, 2011, 05:07:43 AM »
Different from where I go to uni, for psychology students it is required that we do 15 hours of research participation before we enter the fourth year. I am listed on the computer system as having done 17 hours but really I have done 26. Stupid people not giving me my hours after I have done them, grr. One experiment I had to turn up three times for it and I never got my hours even though I emailed the experimenter about it.

The thesis looked at how people interaction online vs. IRL.  It was a good learning experience but the sample size was so small that it didn't exactly give us much information (and my thesis advisor didn't explain about familywise error until I'd decided to run about eight billion tests on the data- grrrrr).  On the other hand it might have actually been on par with the scientific rigor used in a lot of studies run by big pharma, some to think of it.   :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2264 on: November 02, 2011, 01:18:41 PM »
Common with OCDers because of avoiding the things that trigger the symptoms? I think that is understandable.

Yeah, I guess all anxiety disorders come down to that realy. the main things I worked on stopping at ADRU were avoidance and safety behaviours (which is ultimately avoidance too I suppose)

I mean when my social anxiety was bad, it was all AVOID AVOID AVOID. the same as OCD. only it was social situations instead of toilet situations. So if you're doing that all day every day for years, you can see how that comes up AvPD