Educational

Author Topic: Interrogate PMS Elle!  (Read 65485 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Interrogate PMS Elle!
« Reply #1620 on: June 11, 2009, 07:22:05 PM »
Non-oddballs are more successful at life  :belly:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1621 on: June 11, 2009, 07:44:47 PM »
When the hell is it necessary?

For example, when I was working in Scotland at a dysfunctional company where nobody could talk straight about what was so fucked up about the place while they were in the building. The employees started going to the pub once a week after work and it was like floodgates opening. The few of us who had worked in better studios could tell all the fresh-out-of-school noobs who'd moved up to the godforsaken middle of nowhere thinking that this was the job that would make their careers, that this wasn't how it had to be. We could meet up with guys who'd been unexpectedly fired and help them find other gigs, and they could help the ones who were stuck and looking to get out.

Granted, I could have thumbed my nose and ordered a coke every time, but the fact is that every little thing like that has an effect on camaraderie, and I would rather choose my battles. If I had alcoholics in the family, though, it might have been worth it because it would have been more emotional cost to drink than to be an oddball and not drink.
OK, fiiiine, I'll concede that the situation did dictate.   :laugh:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1622 on: June 11, 2009, 08:32:40 PM »
When the hell is it necessary?

For example, when I was working in Scotland at a dysfunctional company where nobody could talk straight about what was so fucked up about the place while they were in the building. The employees started going to the pub once a week after work and it was like floodgates opening. The few of us who had worked in better studios could tell all the fresh-out-of-school noobs who'd moved up to the godforsaken middle of nowhere thinking that this was the job that would make their careers, that this wasn't how it had to be. We could meet up with guys who'd been unexpectedly fired and help them find other gigs, and they could help the ones who were stuck and looking to get out.

Granted, I could have thumbed my nose and ordered a coke every time, but the fact is that every little thing like that has an effect on camaraderie, and I would rather choose my battles. If I had alcoholics in the family, though, it might have been worth it because it would have been more emotional cost to drink than to be an oddball and not drink.

Indeed. Social drinking is okay if you can keep it under control.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1623 on: June 11, 2009, 09:11:34 PM »

Hey, you asked.  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1624 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »
Well Rage, I'm game! :zoinks: Are you up for it? :-*
*facepalm*   :laugh:

The idea of double-teaming a girl always seemed kinda gay on the part of the guys, to me.  Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I've heard it debated before.

What have you been up to?

Are you still studying psychology?

Are you working right now?
I can basically answer all three at once- I'm doing an internship right now, which is part of the tail end of my Master's.  It doesn't pay, but it has an unpredictable schedule, so what should be 20-30 hours a week will probably expand to fill the space of a full-time job, in terms of when I am and am not available.  Between that and how emotionally intense the work can be, I feel that my choice to spend my last two semesters of grad school continuing to add to my already massive school-related debt is the best of two bad options (the other being trying to hold a part-time job, rack up slightly less debt, and potentially burn myself out).  In other words, I'm at the place in my education that most people in the field look back on and wince.   :laugh:

What does your internship entail, BTW I am also, as of recent, a psych major

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1625 on: June 12, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »
What does your internship entail, BTW I am also, as of recent, a psych major
I prefer not to talk about that online for privacy reasons.  Suffice it to say it's intense and entails a lot of patience and flexibility.... but I'm managing to survive it anyway.   :laugh:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #1626 on: June 12, 2009, 11:07:42 AM »
I don't drink.  Never have, never plan to.  Lots of alcoholics in my family.  :/
:thumbup:

Good for you! Have you had to deal with peer pressure on this? I don't drink and still sometimes get teased. As if I cared! In college it was always, "You'll love it if you just give it a try." Whatever!
A little, but minimal.  I'd say the worst thing I deal with is knowing that some people make assumptions about me because I don't drink or do any drugs- like that I'm straightedge, or that I disapprove of all drinking or drug use.  Au contraire to both, of course.  =)

Earlier it was more about c'mon and have some fun, but it turned into accusations of being a prude, or get this, some sort of religious nut. I think I have established these are both about as far away from th etruth as possible. :P

I am still getting shit on here from someone, because I don't drink or smoke.

So let me get this straight, you are in an intense internship and are not getting paid? Wow! I thought it was bad to get $10-12k as a Teaching/Research Assistant. I don't think I could put up with other people unless I was getting compensated or the experience was going to be so extreme that it would be made up for down the road. Good luck to you! :thumbup:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1627 on: June 12, 2009, 11:24:40 AM »
I don't drink.  Never have, never plan to.  Lots of alcoholics in my family.  :/
:thumbup:

Good for you! Have you had to deal with peer pressure on this? I don't drink and still sometimes get teased. As if I cared! In college it was always, "You'll love it if you just give it a try." Whatever!
A little, but minimal.  I'd say the worst thing I deal with is knowing that some people make assumptions about me because I don't drink or do any drugs- like that I'm straightedge, or that I disapprove of all drinking or drug use.  Au contraire to both, of course.  =)

Earlier it was more about c'mon and have some fun, but it turned into accusations of being a prude, or get this, some sort of religious nut. I think I have established these are both about as far away from th etruth as possible. :P

I am still getting shit on here from someone, because I don't drink or smoke.

So let me get this straight, you are in an intense internship and are not getting paid? Wow! I thought it was bad to get $10-12k as a Teaching/Research Assistant. I don't think I could put up with other people unless I was getting compensated or the experience was going to be so extreme that it would be made up for down the road. Good luck to you! :thumbup:
Yup- in fact I'm technically paying to be able to work because it counts as a class.  S'only 300 hours per semester (this semester, then next), but it makes it impossible to hold another job becsuse the hours are so scattered and irregular.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1628 on: June 16, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »
If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?  :moon:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1629 on: June 16, 2009, 07:10:04 PM »
Nope.  I'd say "I know" and keep my distance.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1630 on: June 17, 2009, 02:07:32 AM »
Elle, is there any chance these fellas were singing about you?   ;)

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1631 on: June 17, 2009, 09:09:46 AM »
Prolllllly not, seeing as I was a year old when that concert was performed.  XD

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #1632 on: June 17, 2009, 10:04:28 AM »
I'm a creepy internet guy, and I certainly don't love you, creepy internet girl. You're funny in both senses.

Anyway, that brings a question to my mind: do you have a secret internet-crush on me?
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1633 on: June 17, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
I'm a creepy internet guy, and I certainly don't love you, creepy internet girl. You're funny in both senses.

Anyway, that brings a question to my mind: do you have a secret internet-crush on me?
If I told you, it woudln't be a secret.

Also, no, I don't have any type of crush on you.   :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1634 on: June 17, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »
Do you have a crush on me?  :insane: