Author Topic: Interrogate PMS Elle!  (Read 65472 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Interrogate PMS Elle!
« Reply #1545 on: May 28, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »
And I'm sure there are hermaphrodites who do it, too.

[Quagmire]Giggty, giggity, giggity, goo![/Quagmire]

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #1546 on: May 29, 2009, 12:25:48 PM »
Do you think people who have sex changes do it as well? Would they be more likely to do so, or less likely since they probably dealt with it from the other perspective?
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1547 on: May 29, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »
How do you define lying? Do you distinguish between lies, misleading information, withholding information, and so on? What about when doing so to protect the other person(s)? Seeing as truth is an interpretation of facts, and interpretations are open to the interpreter, the use of the term lie is overused in my opinion.
How I'd define lying is situation-specific, as is how I'd react to it.

However that last sentence is spoken like someone who's been accused of lying, and is still feeling the sting.   :laugh:

I had to sleep on this and still cannot come up with anything. Do you know something I do not?
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1548 on: May 30, 2009, 12:15:36 AM »
Do you think people who have sex changes do it as well? Would they be more likely to do so, or less likely since they probably dealt with it from the other perspective?
Loads of people do it. Male, female, whatever. I wonder when this will actually be understood instead of this silly male/female rivalry about who does what.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1549 on: May 30, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
Of course.  They may have changed their genetalia, but not their humanity.

How do you define lying? Do you distinguish between lies, misleading information, withholding information, and so on? What about when doing so to protect the other person(s)? Seeing as truth is an interpretation of facts, and interpretations are open to the interpreter, the use of the term lie is overused in my opinion.

However that last sentence is spoken like someone who's been accused of lying, and is still feeling the sting.   :laugh:

I had to sleep on this and still cannot come up with anything. Do you know something I do not?
*shrug*  Nope, just guessing.

Loads of people do it. Male, female, whatever. I wonder when this will actually be understood instead of this silly male/female rivalry about who does what.
Exactly.  There are some legitimate differences in *tendencies* of males and females, but all human beings are capable of being manipulative.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1550 on: May 30, 2009, 03:51:51 PM »

However that last sentence is spoken like someone who's been accused of lying, and is still feeling the sting.   :laugh:

Still trying to find character flaws in me, are you? :P
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1551 on: May 31, 2009, 09:33:29 AM »

Still trying to find character flaws in me, are you? :P
Who says it's a character flaw to be accused of lying?  Everybody lies; lots of people get caught.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1552 on: June 02, 2009, 01:27:33 PM »
*crosses fingers behind back*

I never lie! :zoinks:

Actually, what I like to do is bullshit, but in a way that is so over the top it shouldn't be taken as true. I don't consider it lying unless there is deceitful intent...I suppose.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1553 on: June 03, 2009, 07:14:54 AM »

Actually, what I like to do is bullshit, but in a way that is so over the top it shouldn't be taken as true. I don't consider it lying unless there is deceitful intent...I suppose.
Ah, but how fully do you disclose intent... to yourself, as well as to others?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1554 on: June 03, 2009, 08:00:48 AM »
I do the same thing as trig, and you can always tell cause I have a sideways smile when I do it.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1555 on: June 03, 2009, 09:02:25 AM »

I'm not really capable of straight-up lying anyway. I've lied to protect others and, when I was younger, because it was recommended and I couldn't see any problem with it as it was to people who didn't have any business knowing the truth anyway. My intent is always pure, unless I am bullshitting for fun. I have no issues being called on something in either case. I don't recall ever lying to hurt someone. Definitely not intentionally.

I've never lied to get laid. In fact, I've done quite the opposite and not gotten laid.

I've never lied to gain financially.

I've never lied to get out of legal jams. Again, quite the opposite has occured. Including one time in court where I went into so much explicit detail to prove my innocence that the Attorney for the City used my words against me to try and place intent into my actions that wasn't there. Still pisses me off and is a big part of why I will never serve on a jury. The system is corrupt. Truth and honesty mean nothing. It's all about who can twist the perspective of the judge and jury to believe their side. Makes me ill!
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1556 on: June 03, 2009, 08:49:12 PM »

I'm not really capable of straight-up lying anyway. I've lied to protect others and, when I was younger, because it was recommended and I couldn't see any problem with it as it was to people who didn't have any business knowing the truth anyway. My intent is always pure, unless I am bullshitting for fun. I have no issues being called on something in either case. I don't recall ever lying to hurt someone. Definitely not intentionally.

I've never lied to get laid. In fact, I've done quite the opposite and not gotten laid.

I've never lied to get out of legal jams. Again, quite the opposite has occured. Including one time in court where I went into so much explicit detail to prove my innocence that the Attorney for the City used my words against me to try and place intent into my actions that wasn't there. Still pisses me off and is a big part of why I will never serve on a jury. The system is corrupt. Truth and honesty mean nothing. It's all about who can twist the perspective of the judge and jury to believe their side. Makes me ill!

Weeell I don't really care about the system unless it affects me. Cold I know. But yeah i'm not in the habit of lying for personal gain. Everybody lies though. I just fucking lied as a matter of fact.  ;D
I will never stop...

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1557 on: June 04, 2009, 06:29:15 AM »
I do the same thing as trig, and you can always tell cause I have a sideways smile when I do it.
What thing is that?

Weeell I don't really care about the system unless it affects me. Cold I know. But yeah i'm not in the habit of lying for personal gain. Everybody lies though. I just fucking lied as a matter of fact.  ;D
I care about the system- or at least, I care enough to be pissed off at how borked it is.  My only issue with lying to get out of a legal jam would be getting caught perjuring myself.  Then again, the most illegal thing I do in my life is breaking the speed limit.

Lying for personal gain doesn't usually occur to me, but I think the issue is whether or not someone else will incur a perosnal loss.  After what happened my first year in grad school I feel totally fine about lying to my parents about some things if I need to, more to prevent peronsal loss than perosnal gain.  (Before then, I was an idiot, and felt guilty.)

Lying to get laid is generally skeezy.  Though, to be fair, I *do* lie (or outright refuse to talk about) about some things from my childhood that won't affect my partner not to hear but might freak them out *to* hear, particularly early on.  Plus there's that oh "Oh you poor thing!" reaction I get a lot, which is just plain lousy as a primary impression when you compare it to "Wow, you're really fun to be around!"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1558 on: June 04, 2009, 06:33:50 AM »
What thing is that?

I care about the system- or at least, I care enough to be pissed off at how borked it is.  My only issue with lying to get out of a legal jam would be getting caught perjuring myself.  Then again, the most illegal thing I do in my life is breaking the speed limit.

Lying for personal gain doesn't usually occur to me, but I think the issue is whether or not someone else will incur a perosnal loss.  After what happened my first year in grad school I feel totally fine about lying to my parents about some things if I need to, more to prevent peronsal loss than perosnal gain.  (Before then, I was an idiot, and felt guilty.)

Lying to get laid is generally skeezy.  Though, to be fair, I *do* lie (or outright refuse to talk about) about some things from my childhood that won't affect my partner not to hear but might freak them out *to* hear, particularly early on.  Plus there's that oh "Oh you poor thing!" reaction I get a lot, which is just plain lousy as a primary impression when you compare it to "Wow, you're really fun to be around!"

The sideways smile? One corner of the mouth draws back slightly.
I will never stop...

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1559 on: June 04, 2009, 06:35:08 AM »
What thing is that?
The sideways smile? One corner of the mouth draws back slightly.
No, I mean what thing do you do that Trig does that you smile when you do?