Educational

Author Topic: Interrogate PMS Elle!  (Read 65474 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Interrogate PMS Elle!
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2007, 04:23:03 PM »
It was autographed, wasn't it?  I think you should keep it for yourself.  I went to see Temple Grandin and got her to autograph a copy of her Thinking in Pictures book for my daughter's special education teacher and one for my daughter.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2007, 04:24:46 PM »
It was autographed, wasn't it?  I think you should keep it for yourself.  I went to see Temple Grandin and got her to autograph a copy of her Thinking in Pictures book for my daughter's special education teacher and one for my daughter.

Yes; autographed.  I had to go check as I'd forgotten.  I have such a gigantic backlog of books to read...  :'(
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2007, 06:23:39 PM »
oh yeah!

i forgot.  congratulations, again!  ;D
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »
Haha

Scrapheap

« Reply #334 on: March 06, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »
What made you decide to study psycology ?? ?? ??

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #335 on: March 06, 2007, 04:22:02 PM »

To bring a sense of coherence to my life.  It's easier for me to deal with having lived a relatively traumatic childhood if I can hope to in turn use that experience and drive to help people in the future.  It turned out to be a pretty good move thus far; I absorb psych facts like  sponge.  I'm not nearly as attentive/able to learn in any other subject.  It's my niche.

Scrapheap

« Reply #336 on: March 06, 2007, 11:26:41 PM »

To bring a sense of coherence to my life.  It's easier for me to deal with having lived a relatively traumatic childhood if I can hope to in turn use that experience and drive to help people in the future.  It turned out to be a pretty good move thus far; I absorb psych facts like  sponge.  I'm not nearly as attentive/able to learn in any other subject.  It's my niche.

We have a similarity in that respect then. My upbringing was full of emotional blackmail and indoctrination. Moving out of the house was such a huge burden off my chest that I did'nt know what to do with myself. I intantly threw my parents dogma in the ash-heap of history where it belonged. I picked up on Evolutionary Psycology when I first encountered it, because it made so much more sense than the bible.

I dealt with my trauma by burying myself in a pile of Legos for hours on end. So I grew up and....... I plag with bigger Legos now.  ;)

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #337 on: March 07, 2007, 06:47:43 AM »
We have a similarity in that respect then. My upbringing was full of emotional blackmail and indoctrination. Moving out of the house was such a huge burden off my chest that I did'nt know what to do with myself. I intantly threw my parents dogma in the ash-heap of history where it belonged. I picked up on Evolutionary Psycology when I first encountered it, because it made so much more sense than the bible.

I dealt with my trauma by burying myself in a pile of Legos for hours on end. So I grew up and....... I plag with bigger Legos now.  ;)

Haha at the Lego thing.  That's cool.  I've been doing creative writing as a sort of vent for a long time, whihc not only helps me work through stuff, but also is helped by the fact that, awful though a lot of it was, my life was pretty unique.  I've got a lot of material.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2007, 09:37:08 PM »
I don't know anything about your childhood. Am sorta afraid to ask in case I offend and you don't like writing about it. Well....I've done it anyway.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2007, 08:40:22 AM »
I'm not offended, but I'm lazy, and my childhood is very convoluted, so I'll just give some bare bone facts:

-Lived in various parts of MA, VT and FL, born in NH but only lived there for 2 weeks, moved over 30 times by age 21 (now), mother very likely borderline.
-Bio father cheated on mother, went out of picture when I was 3, came back in when I was 16, am now in constant contact nad he is who I consider my fatheer
-Adoptive father married my mom, alcoholic, abusive (verbal, physical), asshole, and same 1st name as my bf so I never call ym bf by his first name.  Adoptive father is also commonly referred to as stepfather by my out of convenience.  When I was 13 I told my mom I woulnd't go back home with him there; either leave me where I was (getting to that) for good or get rid of him.  She picked me.
-Mom's ex bf.  Asshole.  Moved in w/him when I was 15, my mother set me up in my own apartment when I was 16 because sitation was intolerable.
-Mom currently remarried.  I now have a REAL stepfather.  I've met him once; she's been dating him less than a year.
-Spent from at latest age 6 to now in therapy on and off.  Same with headmeds.
-Have been taken out of home many times.  3rd grade to a residential run by religious fanatics who hit us on the ass with a ping pong paddle for discipline.  They told my mom they did it as a last resort.  No.  They did it when we didn't finish all of our food.  Assholes.  7th grade, bounced around respite and quasi-foster homes (my mom had legal custody of me my whole childhood).  Some people were nice.  One person, who I spent the most time with, was psychotic.  I have corroberation on this, by the way.  She is still taking kids in today.  Bitch.  8th grade ish, hospital for 2 weeks.  Remember little of it.  8-9th grade (1st time in 9th grade- getting to that), in a residential.  Run by angels.  This was when I told my mom to leave the adoptive father; this was where we found out he was an alcoholic.  Showed up drunk for family therapy.  Hilarious.  10th or 11th grade, was hospitalized again for a couple weeks, then sent to live with the headmaster of my school; he hosued a lot of foreign exchange students, so not as creepy as it sounds.  He and his wife were odd ducks but meant well.  Sent there because mom's bf didn't want me with him.  Asshole.
-School:  12 different schools before college.  Needless to say, didn't tend to make friends easily, didn't keep the ones I got.  Plus cannot remember faces or names (prosopagnosia).  Expelled from 1st grade, not as impressive as it sounds; it was a very relious school, easily shocked.  skipped from 4th to 5th grade mid year because I was too smart for the combined 4th/3rd grade classroom full of inbred sped kids.  Kind of held back in 9th grade because although I had 10th grade credits, the residential school I'd attended wasn't big on academics so I was academically behind.  The school I attended 9/10- 11/12 (depending on how you define it) didn't want to graduate me, thougth I was not ready for college.  The old, nice headmaster was gone and a new guy was there adn didn't like that I was living on my own at 16 and thought little of me otherwise.  Thus, I left that school and jumped from the regular high school (after piercing my nose to make sure they woudln't let me back in), to the special school for potential dropouts, which I graduated from (I had all morning classes in the regular school and was taking my Zyprexa in the mornings, god knows why.  Didn't work).  So, graduated a year early, and with insomnia/social phobia-influenced truancy, likely attended about 9 years woth of school k-12.  Now have near perfect attendence in college.

Does this address what you were curious about?  BTW, don't ask what the grade translation is for a non U.S. country.  I'm not even sure what age I was or where I lived at most points, and after 8th grade, what grade I was in; no idea whatsoever.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2007, 09:46:57 AM »

Quote from: PMS Elle
Now have near perfect attendence in college.

You are a proven survivor. It's amazing that you are not hidden from view, kept locked up, strapped to a gurney, near comatose, sucking on a med drip, somewhere, foul-smelling, after such a patchy childhood. I think the world is a better place with you conscious, mobile, and seeking humor. I can really admire your courage! ... and I think the last laugh will be yours.

:hug:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

The_P

« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »

You are a proven survivor. It's amazing that you are not hidden from view, kept locked up, strapped to a gurney, near comatose, sucking on a med drip, somewhere, foul-smelling, after such a patchy childhood. I think the world is a better place with you conscious, mobile, and seeking humor. I can really admire your courage! ... and I think the last laugh will be yours.

No, the honour will be mine once I finally press that button. Mwahahaha...

Meh.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2007, 11:33:27 AM »

Meh.

+ to both of you for different reasons (I lolled at peaguy).  It's not as bad as it may sound, but those were just the basics/unusual things.  I wasn't utterly unloved growing up, I didn't get sexually abused (a miracly for how long I was in the syste) etc.  So, relatively lucky, and my folks are wicked supportive now.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 11:35:31 AM by PMS Elle »

The_P

« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »

Meh.

+ to both of you for different reasons.  It's not as bad as it may sound, but those were just the basics/unusual things.  I wasn't utterly unloved growing up, I didn't get sexually abused (a miracly for how long I was in the syste) etc.  So, relatively lucky, and my folks are wicked supportive now.

Because I've retired from being a baaastard?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2007, 12:55:30 PM »
Adoptive father married my mom, alcoholic, abusive (verbal, physical), asshole, and same 1st name as my bf so I never call ym bf by his first name.

i find it interesting that your step-father's name is also thagomizer.
Misunderstood.