Author Topic: Interrogate PMS Elle!  (Read 65477 times)

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Interrogate PMS Elle!
« Reply #2355 on: January 09, 2014, 08:59:12 PM »
Oh, Madame Elle. There's so much I'm yearning to know about you. I've been especially pondering your female menstrual habits of late. I'm intrigued to know if your feminine hygiene products are the variety with the plastic applicator, cardboard applicator, or the type shoved up with a finger.

Feel free to make this a tit for tat, My Lady. I'm sure you're aching to know all about me too.
:gopher:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2356 on: January 10, 2014, 07:13:10 AM »
Oh, Madame Elle. There's so much I'm yearning to know about you. I've been especially pondering your female menstrual habits of late. I'm intrigued to know if your feminine hygiene products are the variety with the plastic applicator, cardboard applicator, or the type shoved up with a finger.

Feel free to make this a tit for tat, My Lady. I'm sure you're aching to know all about me too.
Not really, no. :P
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2357 on: January 10, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »
OK, I'll ask you a question.

Is there something small in your day to day life that irks you every time it happens.
If that is the case, would your life improve a bit, if you could change the small thing?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2358 on: January 10, 2014, 04:40:33 PM »

Not really, no. :P

Well, that's a major let down. You're one of those smart gals so I was looking forward to a challenge.  :violin:
:gopher:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2359 on: January 11, 2014, 09:48:51 AM »

Is there something small in your day to day life that irks you every time it happens.
If that is the case, would your life improve a bit, if you could change the small thing?
Oh, there's lots of things.  My glasses being smudged/contact lenses getting blurry, and my cat yelling at me in the middle of the night, are two things that come to mind. 

My life would improve quite a bit if my vision was better, I think, because I think sometimes the visions issues actually cause dizziness and contribute to fatigue.  It's a minor but constant annoyance.  I plan to try to get a referral to an ENT this year because I suspect there's something wonky with my sinuses overall, and I think it affects my vision and also potentially my hearing.

The cat no longer yelling might or might not be an improvement depending on whether or not it damaged or removed him form my life vs. just made him have "quiet hours" (especially when I have made sure he has food, water, and reasonably clean litterbox, so it's about attention, not basic needs being unmet).

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2360 on: January 12, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »

Oh, there's lots of things.  My glasses being smudged/contact lenses getting blurry, and my cat yelling at me in the middle of the night, are two things that come to mind. 

My life would improve quite a bit if my vision was better, I think, because I think sometimes the visions issues actually cause dizziness and contribute to fatigue.  It's a minor but constant annoyance.  I plan to try to get a referral to an ENT this year because I suspect there's something wonky with my sinuses overall, and I think it affects my vision and also potentially my hearing.

The cat no longer yelling might or might not be an improvement depending on whether or not it damaged or removed him form my life vs. just made him have "quiet hours" (especially when I have made sure he has food, water, and reasonably clean litterbox, so it's about attention, not basic needs being unmet).

If he gets that upset in the middle of the night repeatedly, something is bugging him. Or he sleeps too much during the day. It could be something as simple as a stray cat poking around your house at night. That could really upset him, because he can hear/smell it. And cats are really anal about territory.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:17:18 PM by RageBeoulve »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2361 on: January 12, 2014, 04:25:03 PM »

If he gets that upset in the middle of the night repeatedly, something is bugging him. Or he sleeps too much during the day. It could be something as simple as a stray cat poking around your house at night. That could really upset him, because he can hear/smell it. And cats are really anal about territory.

That, or the cat knows how to play you.
Mine is behaving much better, after some strong ignoring. He can get some attention, get under the blankets with me and sleep, but that's it. I'm not going to walk with him to his food or water, or stuff like that. I let him know a few times he was pissing me off too by making a loud noise immediately, like clapping in my hands. Shocked him, but it worked. Pushed him away when he tried his nails on me too.
So, what he now does, till the morning? Cuddling into me. Took a while to get him that far. When the alarm goes off, he gets wide awake too, unless it's cold. And when the alarm goes, he is entitled to try to get me out of bed. And he will, if he feels like it.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2362 on: January 13, 2014, 06:59:21 AM »

Mine is behaving much better, after some strong ignoring. He can get some attention, get under the blankets with me and sleep, but that's it. I'm not going to walk with him to his food or water, or stuff like that. I let him know a few times he was pissing me off too by making a loud noise immediately, like clapping in my hands. Shocked him, but it worked. Pushed him away when he tried his nails on me too.
So, what he now does, till the morning? Cuddling into me. Took a while to get him that far. When the alarm goes off, he gets wide awake too, unless it's cold. And when the alarm goes, he is entitled to try to get me out of bed. And he will, if he feels like it.
I strongly suspect he's mostly playing me, for attention.  Based on how cold it's been outside, I sincerely hope his little frenemy (he did have one at one point- accounted for some of my cat's behavior, but not all) hasn't been hanging out outside.

Ignoring is difficult when the cat is interfering with the limited time I have to sleep.  I try, and sometimes it works.  Depending on the mood my cat's in, I may need to resort to using a squirt bottle (which I don't like resorting to, but it generally makes him quiet for a good solid chunk of time afterward).

A friend of mine claims to have tamed her (very bitchy, apparently) cat with this:  http://www.petco.com/product/109457/Sentry-Calming-Collar-for-Cats.aspx  That was very recent, though, so I'm not sure how long it will last and if it will have any side effects.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2363 on: January 13, 2014, 07:42:18 AM »

I strongly suspect he's mostly playing me, for attention.  Based on how cold it's been outside, I sincerely hope his little frenemy (he did have one at one point- accounted for some of my cat's behavior, but not all) hasn't been hanging out outside.

Ignoring is difficult when the cat is interfering with the limited time I have to sleep.  I try, and sometimes it works.  Depending on the mood my cat's in, I may need to resort to using a squirt bottle (which I don't like resorting to, but it generally makes him quiet for a good solid chunk of time afterward).

A friend of mine claims to have tamed her (very bitchy, apparently) cat with this:  http://www.petco.com/product/109457/Sentry-Calming-Collar-for-Cats.aspx  That was very recent, though, so I'm not sure how long it will last and if it will have any side effects.

I wonder for how long Sirius will keep this calm during the night. But, he's doing fine for quite some time now.
When the days get longer, he may try whining around 4 am again, to be let outside, especially if he hears the cat from next door. Will see. But there is no way I will let him get out at hours like that.

Will that squirt bottle of yours also let out a nice bit of air, if you do not fill it with fluids? Lots of cats are taken aback with the sound of that too. Would take away the need to dry things after telling him to shut up.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2364 on: January 13, 2014, 09:50:25 AM »
Yeah he could just be screwing around. I didn't think about that one because I've always had pretty obedient cats.
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2365 on: January 14, 2014, 12:02:11 AM »
I seem to recall that the cats I had as a kid might do things just to show me the extent of their powers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2366 on: January 14, 2014, 12:58:54 AM »
I seem to recall that the cats I had as a kid might do things just to show me the extent of their powers.
sounds about right.  :laugh:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2367 on: January 14, 2014, 07:16:23 AM »
sounds about right.  :laugh:
That's usually why mine vomits.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2368 on: January 14, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »
Mine never did. Poco in particular was totally in hero worship of me for some reason. I could snap my fingers and point and she'd roll over and show me her belly, then lay there until I said something. I didn't teach her that, she just started doing it one day when I snapped my fingers at her for misbehaving. When i'd get home from the gym and strip for a shower, she'd roll on my sweaty clothes.

That cat was my wingman. Or wing-girl, I guess.
I will never stop...

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2369 on: January 14, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
Get cat cage.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.