Educational

Author Topic: Post a useless fact  (Read 58850 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post a useless fact
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 05:19:54 PM »
Yay for people who know their holistic pest control. :thumbup:

My useless fact: Yorkshire Water's accounts department is as much use as a chocolate teapot. :tantrum:

That's the only way to go! Depending on the critter, there are many effective methods for control. What I had to do was an extreme way to deal with a band of terrorists. There are no natural controls for hornets and wasps, except nicotine sprays, but I don't have enough growing to save enough of the toxic compounds.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »
For many reasons, as well as the fact that my daughter is allergic to bee/wasp stings........I actively exterminate any and all wasp nests that I find growing on our house.  I am vigilant :tooledup: and ruthless to protect my family.  My wife got a hornet sting on her butt from a sneak attack by a cowardly frankenstein computer god hornet that snuck into our house thru a hidden crack in the roof. >:(

Zelda

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 05:49:50 PM »
In B&J, when Joon receives an old Jack in the box as a gift; in the script, Sam leaves flowers on the doorstep but an hour before the shooting for the scene, the director decided to change the prop to an old jack in the box. So he had that prop manager go around looking for one and it was not easy finding one in Spokane.

duncvis

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 06:07:30 PM »
For many reasons, as well as the fact that my daughter is allergic to bee/wasp stings........I actively exterminate any and all wasp nests that I find growing on our house.  I am vigilant :tooledup: and ruthless to protect my family.  My wife got a hornet sting on her butt from a sneak attack by a cowardly frankenstein computer god hornet that snuck into our house thru a hidden crack in the roof. >:(

:LMAO:

We get what you call yellow jackets flying down our chimney in summer. I take a similarly 'take no prisoners' approach to the fuckers. what use are wasps, other than as fishing bait as grubs?

ozymandias

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 06:12:02 PM »
Outside, away from the house, I leave them alone, inside the house or on the house.....the motherfuckers DIE! >:(

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 06:14:42 PM »
Sun 865,400 miles in diameter.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »

Are you sure you want to get me started on astronomy?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 06:23:38 PM »
Outside, away from the house, I leave them alone, inside the house or on the house.....the motherfuckers DIE! >:(

Agreed.

Though, they are proficient pollenators in the garden. Fortunately none of us are allergic to their stings, but my wife.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 06:29:26 PM »
Ferguson's cafe was built in 1935 and it was a Sanderson's till 1956. There had been five other people who owned it since then. Now it has the sixth owners.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 06:35:34 PM »

Are you sure you want to get me started on astronomy?
Go for it.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 08:00:07 PM »
My dad went to the World's Fair in Spokane in 1974 and never told anyone in my family about it till May 14th. He went with a friend.

ozymandias

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 08:17:36 PM »
Spokane is located on the northernmost fringe of the Columbia flood basalts.  Last eruption was 15 million years ago.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »
yey my favorite town was mentioned.  :clap:

When I was a little girl, I thought the downtown had castles because the buildings look like castles. Guesswhat, they sort of do so no wonder I thought that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
My dad went to the World's Fair in Spokane in 1974 and never told anyone in my family about it till May 14th. He went with a friend.

That's the year I graduated (OK, almost graduated) high high school. How old is your dad.

Scrapheap

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 08:21:10 PM »
I fucked a girl from Spokane once... she looked like Olivia Newton John.

Real pretty girl but alas..... she was a dead fuck.