Educational

Author Topic: Ask Alex179 anything.  (Read 4938 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Ask Alex179 anything.
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2007, 11:27:52 AM »
Wanna play something old school like Mario Kart with me?

If I get access to my PC then sure if you mean emulated.   I don't have it for DS right now sadly, but I am considering buying it.   I have to buy Bioshock and Blue Dragon for 360 this month lol.    Damn video game hobby costing me money.
:P   Internets are super serious.

The_P

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2007, 11:29:18 AM »
Wanna play something old school like Mario Kart with me?

If I get access to my PC then sure if you mean emulated.   I don't have it for DS right now sadly, but I am considering buying it.   I have to buy Bioshock and Blue Dragon for 360 this month lol.    Damn video game hobby costing me money.

I meant the ZSNES, yes.

Best get a pad if you want to challenge me.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2007, 11:34:37 AM »
I have a dualshock adapter so I use my PS2 controller on my PC.    I played FFXI with a gamepad and keyboard haha.

The_P

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2007, 11:35:38 AM »
Shall we play now?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2007, 02:13:43 PM »
Shall we play now?

I can't because I am at work.   Maybe when I get in front of my actual PC again.   I doubt that will be tonight.   Probably going to rent something for 360 and play some random game online with my friend Matt.   He doesn't get to use the headset due to his inability to censor himself.

willow

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »
why can't you be like us NORMAL folk, and play WoW? :P

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »

I did and I decided it was like most other MMOs.   I don't know if I can really devote the time to it that is necessary.   Well I got hardcore into FFXI end game and did almost everything there was to do.   WoW just seems like yet another timesinkfest with the end game instances.   

That and the friends I made there were far and few between.   I mainly played with RL people I know and some FFXI friends, which is why I ended up with characters on like 8 different servers haha.   I know so many people that play or have played WoW that it is really disturbing actually.   I might end up playing it again someday, right now I have people trying to talk me into coming back to FFXI lol.... I doubt that will happen as playing WoW might be more likely because it is less hardcore than FFXI.   

The_P

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »
No worries, Alex. Let me know when you're ready to play.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »
Why does kevv have 729?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2007, 07:49:36 PM »
Where did the number 179 come from? Does it has signifance to you?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2007, 08:20:28 PM »

Just my bond number in my fraternity.   179th person initiated at UCF.   It means something, but it isn't the most significant thing.    I just add it onto things like my name or a name relating to a video game (Eternus my FFXI character for example).    There are a few other numbers I use as a suffix but those are far and few between (several predating college).   

willow

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2007, 09:47:53 PM »

I did and I decided it was like most other MMOs.   I don't know if I can really devote the time to it that is necessary.   Well I got hardcore into FFXI end game and did almost everything there was to do.   WoW just seems like yet another timesinkfest with the end game instances.   

That and the friends I made there were far and few between.   I mainly played with RL people I know and some FFXI friends, which is why I ended up with characters on like 8 different servers haha.   I know so many people that play or have played WoW that it is really disturbing actually.   I might end up playing it again someday, right now I have people trying to talk me into coming back to FFXI lol.... I doubt that will happen as playing WoW might be more likely because it is less hardcore than FFXI.   

shut up. come to the darkside.

or, you know, come back to the darkside.

I think it is about finding the right people. I wasn't that enchanted, at first...I didn't care for many of the people I was guilded with...I started my own guild...and now I love playing. if I had to be forced to guess, I would say the majority of my minion....errr...guildies are aspie. not that it matters...but I feel a measure of relatability with them that makes playing fun.

speaking of.....I am on a laptop right now...and on WoW on my main computer..and I just disconnected over there. Eep.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2007, 07:48:57 AM »

Just my bond number in my fraternity.   179th person initiated at UCF.   It means something, but it isn't the most significant thing.    I just add it onto things like my name or a name relating to a video game (Eternus my FFXI character for example).    There are a few other numbers I use as a suffix but those are far and few between (several predating college).   
Whats UCF?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2007, 08:02:21 AM »
University of Central Florida.   It is in Orlando.   I could have gone to University of Florida, Florida State or Georgia Tech, but for some reason I chose UCF lol.   Most of my friends went to FSU, but I wanted to make new friends somewhere else and UCF had a pretty good Comp Sci program.    Really I should have went to UF in retrospect, but I would have done the same shit anyways I bet.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2007, 08:21:45 AM »
University of Central Florida.   It is in Orlando.   I could have gone to University of Florida, Florida State or Georgia Tech, but for some reason I chose UCF lol.   Most of my friends went to FSU, but I wanted to make new friends somewhere else and UCF had a pretty good Comp Sci program.    Really I should have went to UF in retrospect, but I would have done the same shit anyways I bet.
Oh right. If your number is 179 then i assume you were one of the first students, or do they recycle numbers when people leave?